Old May 14, 2018, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Everything is walnuts

Wealth Tier: Steel
Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
[Portshire] Come Sail Away with Me

Spring, Era XXV
Portshire

The Gulf of Ioannolia.

Aimless travels in hopes of filling up her handmade map brought her to the incredible sight that laid before her. The city of Portshire certainly added to the charm, with its' bustling crowds and markets. Even the taverns seemed appealing. But as always, she was drawn to the water. The reasoning behind it always dumfounded her, however, for she couldn't recall enough of her past to connect the dots. Part of her wondered if it was the subconscious parts, ones that could never forget the interests and fascinations that she had as a child. Similar to how she loved history and meeting different species, but that was a bit different. She remembered the desire to read more, but her father wouldn't let her. He was under the impression that her main focus should be on taking care of him, their house, and learning how to become a better thief.

Her heart couldn't help but erupt in a pang of guilt and pain at the thought. It felt like it had been so long since she saw his face last, yet as she learned more it became apparent how sheltered he had caused her to be. She missed him, of course, but part of her wanted to see him again just so she could have some answers to the questions that plagued her thoughts and haunted her dreams. The hope of that ever becoming a reality sank into the bloodstain that was burned into her mind. With it came a horrid feeling of something constricting her throat and a burning against the back of her neck.

The sound of sailors shouting off in the distance managed to snap her back into reality. A slender hand reached up to reassure herself that the markings were still there, but had no need to burn as they did. It was just a memory and nothing more.

While she had found herself here on accident, it was the perfect excuse for her to try and go sailing for the first time. Her friend, Kailin, had mentioned it before, but fear managed to keep her at bay. Literally. While she found the water itself to be stunning, being on it sounded...well, she wasn't sure. It was truly the unknown that bothered her more than anything else.

But not today! With Niko sleeping in his pouch and her gear gathered altogether, she began her hesitant approach toward the boats. There she would face a few problems: gathering the courage to ask a sailor and hoping that they would actually let someone tag along.

"Never Forget..."

CIR | SoF | Posting Status

Last edited by Talindra Koranthil; May 14, 2018 at 04:30 PM.
Talindra Koranthil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2018, 09:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Bronze
Kazlain is unknown and forgotten
The big Minotaur's hooves shifted awkwardly in the sand as he trudged down the beach. He had recently found an old leather pack, which was more like a small satchel to him, buried beneath an old pile of leaves in the forest. The pack had a few odds and ends inside it, but mostly things not of any use to him. He figured someone had either lost the pack or hid it for some unknown reason. It hadn't mattered to him though, the pack itself was still useful for collecting small things that could be useful to him.

Kazlain questioned whether it was safe for him to travel further down the beach. He had begun to get comfortable at his little camp site that he formed when he first washed up on this land. He had prospered through the summer with the plentiful game, unending source of fresh water, and a multitude of different fish that he caught from the ocean or sometimes a nearby river. Well, the river wasn't as close as he had thought it was, but the change of scenery and slightly different tasting fish were a welcome treat for him. And he had survived the winter. It had not be easy for him, but he had learned long ago how to survive on meager meals and how to bear the elements without suffering too much.

He decided that he'd go just a little further down the beach than he had on his previous forays away from his camp. It figured it was prudent to take a slight risk in the hopes of finding additional sources of water, food, and other resources that he could use to improve his camp and everyday life. After a couple more candlemarks of walking the Minotaur noticed something surprising. He was seeing piers and boats moored to the shore and a bit further in the distance was an entire city. He began to imagine that he might be able to start a new life in that city. Perhaps work to save some money and buy his own ship and sail the seas again. This time as a captain rather than a slave. However, his musings quickly ended as he thought that was a ridiculous thing for him to believe possible. He had no money to speak of and he was uncertain of the type of people that inhabited the city. As a slave he had little to no interactions with anyone that was not a Minotaur. He had always been told stories about how dangerous, human, elves, dwarves, and the like could be if one did not exhibit strength and superiority over them. Even if they were not a danger would they accept a Minotaur in the midst?

Kazlain was a massive man, even by Minotaur standards, and knew that he could spark fear in men and animal alike. He figured their reaction would be a mix of shock, revolt, and hatred. Kazlain knew all too well that it was far more easy to destroy something you did not understand than to demonstrate the restrain and patience to understand it. The beast-man had not realized how far he had walked while in his thoughts and notice he was now quite near the boats he had seen on the horizon and more than that he had come face to face with a humanoid. He could tell that it was a female by her form, but was unable to tell what race she was. He also could not be certain that she was not a danger.

Dnarris lifted his head and puffed out his chest attempting to exaggerate his size. Intimidation was often the first step in preventing a battle or at least shaking your opponent enough to give you an edge in that battle. The Minotaur's coal black gaze shifted over the female. His hands balled into tight fists as he gave a defiant snort. He waited to see how she would respond.

Last edited by Kazlain; May 15, 2018 at 07:44 PM. Reason: None of your business, box!
Kazlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2018, 06:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Everything is walnuts

Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
The elfess was moving forward, making strides with her long and slender legs while her head remained slightly bent toward the sand that her leather boots were kicking up. How best to approach a sailor, she wondered? Was it better to give a bit of a flash with her raven blouse? Or play innocent/stupid in hopes they would take pity on her? There was also the simple option of simply explaining that she wanted to tag along and didn't care what their destination was, but she was far too complicated to take the easy way out.

Totally.

Not to mention there were benefits that tagged along with the other options. She considered herself to be decently attractive which might mean that the sailors might listen to her. However, it could also give them the idea that they could take advantage of her which was a HUGE negative. So maybe not. She had heard rumors of how sailors could be. Maybe not the best way to go.

The innocent play might go the same way, however...feth. Maybe she should-

Her train of thought came to an abrupt halt at the sight of a bloody HOOF in her line of sight. She followed it up and widened eyes of horror met what appeared to be a pissed off Minotaur. Which sucked because she had never met one before and her first encounter was apparently a bad one.

Was this his beach? Had she simply stepped in her path and pissed him off? She had no idea, but the dagger was definitely out! ...and trembling. The fether towered over her and looked as if he was ready to impale her corpse on his horns! That was enough to make her stomach churn, but it was probably best she not get sick on the pissed off creature. That tended to make people angrier.

"W-what do you want? I don't want to fight!" She stammered, unable to control her tone which she had attempted to make sound confident. Hopefully her sincerity in the confusion of his anger and her fear would tame him enough so that they could talk and not get right to the killing.

While she had no intention of being killed by her assassin, she preferred it not be because a Minotaur beat him to it.

"Never Forget..."

Old May 15, 2018, 08:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Citizen

Kazlain loomed over Talindra standing more than twice her height. The massive beast watched coldly as her eyes scanned upwards to meet his gaze. He could see the fear in her eyes which was made all that more evident when she pulled a dagger, that was more like a needle to him. He could see the small weapon rattle with the woman's uncertainty. His fists relaxed as Talindra stammered that her intentions were not to fight. He was disappointed by her fear, but had expected it. He was at least pleased that she did not want to fight or had not simply attacked him like some feral beast. She seemed like someone he could reason with. He doubted that she would attack him.

Kazlain's deep voice rumbled, "I want you to put away your weapon. It will do you no good." Kazlain eyed the shaking needle. "And you can feel reassured. I will not harm you if there is no reason to do so." Talindra was one of the first people he had met since arriving to these lands and he certainly did not want the meeting to go awry. Kaz was not a violent man and certainly didn't wish to ruin his brightening by having to dismember a young woman. He found wanton violence to be distasteful and the thought of having to crush the woman before him made his stomach twist. He would do what he must to survive, but he certainly hoped that was not what it would take.

The Minotaur lowered himself to the ground and took a seat, hoping that if he made himself appear smaller it would ease the fears of the young lady. "Sit with me and talk. There's no need to be afraid. I am Kazlain Greymane. It is a pleasure to meet you." Kazlain attempted to speak softly, even though his gravely voice still rumbled. His muscular arm extended exposing an open palm of one massive hand as he gestured to the space in front of him. He did hope that the young woman would do as he implored.
Old May 16, 2018, 09:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Everything is walnuts

Yeaaah, that's not going to happen. You fething came over looking like you were going to eat me. Why would I lower my weapon and simply accept being your next meal?

It was by sheer luck that her words managed to stay within the depths of her mind for the Minotaur's next choice of words - and actions - calmed her down enough where she felt comfortable sheathing her blade. Was it a mere accident then? Or had the poor creature been so mistreated that the mere sight of someone caused him to feel defensive?

Speculation could be set aside for now, however, as she slowly lowered herself to sit with her legs tucked underneath her. The fear that continued to bring a light tremble to her frame couldn't be helped, but was slowly fading away. He had given her quite the fright, after all. "A pleasure to meet you, Kazlain. I'm Tali Koranthil." She accepted his hand and added a small bow to it as well out of respect for the rather large creature.

Once introductions were out of the way, her gaze wandered around the area. "Forgive me for asking, but may I know what it was that prompted you to feel threatened? Is this your beach or do you live around here?" After a moment, she quickly added, "I-I don't mind either way, I just feel bad for causing you to be afraid and defensive." Another bow rippled through the woman's frame.

"Never Forget..."

Old May 16, 2018, 09:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Citizen

Kazlain took the young woman's hand gently. He was uncertain how fragile her kind may be and did not wish to betray her trust by accidently harming her. He was impressed by her manners and wondered if the stories he had always been told about outsiders being savage, dull-witted, and unreasonable beasts were true. As of yet, he could not see this young woman as being savage, dull-witted, or unreasonable in any fashion. In fact, she was quite the opposite.

The Minotaur shifted back making himself comfortable. He sat with one leg tucked beneath him and the other simply a bent knee with his hoof placed firmly on the ground. One gigantic hand hug laxly off his knee as the other sifted idly through the sand. His gaze remained, intently, on the Elfess. He wondered what kind of person she was and what the future held for the two of them. The Minotaur held the belief that all things happened for a reason and that even this meeting with this young woman was an important event on his path in life.

"Tali" the minotaur's voice rumbled once again. "I like the name. Tali, do not mistake my guard as something born out of fear. No, it is something of caution." The Minotaur's gaze scanned up and down Tali's body taking in every detail with curiosity. "I have met few outside of my own people and have always been told that trusting an outsider is a fatal thing to do." The minotaur shook his head violently causing his ears to slap against his head. The beast then waved a big hand through the air swatting away a sand fly.

"However, I will bear what my heart tells me." The Minotaur placed a hand across his barrel chest. "You seem to be one that can be trusted. I sense no ill intent from you. You have good manners and speak with reverence. That is unexpected." The minotaur lowered his hand placing it back in the sand. It appeared that he was uncertain what to do with his hands as he sat across from Tali.

"No, this is not my beach. I have simply been camping nearby since I washed ashore." The minotaur's gaze shifted from Tali to the sea and lingered for a moment before returning back to Tali. "What about you, Lass, what has you walking this beach?" The big man lowered his head slightly in attempt to see under Tali's cowl. "Would you mind removing that? I would like to see your face more clearly." He had yet to meet anyone quite like Tali. Her manners and soft speaking way were just so far from the concepts that had been taught to him since he was just a young calf.

He was intrigued…
Old May 16, 2018, 03:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Everything is walnuts

There was something about the way he held her hand with such tenderness, it sort of took the elfess off guard. Not in a bad sense, necessarily, it was just...nice? She couldn't be certain how else to explain it. Then again, this was her first encounter with such a large creature so it was understandable that she had ideas that weren't being met when faced with reality.

Such as his attire, or lack thereof, upon adjusting himself in the blanket of sand the two of them shared.

It felt as if her cheeks grew hot and flustered within seconds, her copper gaze snapped away and forced to remain on a few specks of sand that were apparently quite interesting despite appearing the same as the others. Yup. Fascinating specks of sand. Yet somehow his voice drew her back in, managing to keep it above the waist and focused on the large eyes that beamed back toward her. That was going to take some getting used to. She gave a simple nod, understanding from her own experiences, how he felt upon their first meeting. "I'm sorry that you were given such an impression, then. While that may be the case for some, not all of us are bad. I'm sure the same can be said of any species that dwells on Telath."

Do not laugh. Do NOT laugh.

Due to her gaze having been focused on the dark, muscular details of his face, she caught sight of him basically slapping himself with his ears with a simple head shake. That had to get annoying fast. Or had he gotten used to it by now? Either way, curiosity and childlike laughter at the sight, had to be kept locked away. They had just met and he was showing her a kindness by trusting her. She couldn't be the one to break such because of the overflow of questions she had about his kind nor his hilarious (and rather inappropriate) mannerisms.

The more she watched him, however, the more concern began to slip into her features. It was almost as if he didn't know what to do with himself. She knew his lack of knowledge regarding other races meant that he too was sheltered, but this? This was different than she had ever seen before. Allowing that, and the words that followed to strengthen her resolve, she decided to try and protect the beast as he found his way through the world. Something that her friends did and likely weren't aware that they had.

The most important thing to her now was to maintain his trust. Having lost the hesitation she felt before, calm hands reached up and removed her cowl. Auburn strands flowed out from beneath it and fell just past her shoulders upon settling back down. A warm smile was paired with her copper eyes and pale expression, although there were still hints of worry buried within it. "I came here in hopes of catching a boat so that I could sail across the seas. I've never done it before nor have I traveled this far out so it's all rather new to me." She paused for a moment, trying to choose her words carefully. "May I ask...how or why did you find yourself washed up on the shore? Please don't feel obligated to answer, I merely am hoping to help you if I can. But to do so, I need to know a bit more about you."

"Never Forget..."

Old May 16, 2018, 07:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Citizen

Kazlian watched Tali with a mixture of curiosity and amusement. He was slowly feeling more comfortable with the Elven woman himself. Her calm demeanor, deliberate and focused speaking, and the kindness she radiated put him at ease. Kazlain knew nothing of her kind or much about interacting with any species outside of his own. It was new and wonderful and not nearly as odd as other meetings he had recently. The big man saw Tali's gaze slip downward and then dart off abruptly. The sudden shift in her focus made the Minotaur's heart jump for a moment and his gaze turned toward what Tali's was viewing, but he only noticed sand. The sudden action confused the Minotaur, but he said nothing not wanting to embarrass the woman. Nor did he wish to embarrass himself for not understanding what had happened.

Kazlain was unable to see color and could not see the red hue that had embellished her cheeks, but he could see something was different. "Are you not feeling well, Tali? I have food and water back at my camp if you have need. I apologize that I brought none with me. I had not expected to meet company nor did I believe I was stray this far." The Minotaur showed genuine concern for the Elfess. Kazlain had seen such inhumane treatment of others by the hands of his brethren time and time again. He was not like them. He would never be like them and he sought to prove it in all his words and his deeds.

"I can carry you if need be? You are so lithe, it would be no burden to me." the Minotaur's deep voice rumbled, but the inflection had changed. His voice gave away his concern for the Elfess and his lack of understanding for Tali's currently flushed condition. Kazlain was enjoying his time with the Elfess. He felt he was often out of touch with other people and that his social skills were awkward at best. As a slave he had only ever really conversed with other slaves and this had always been in quiet whispers and filled with worry that being caught would result in beatings for any involved and perhaps some that weren't. The slaves were allowed little to no communication. It was the easiest way for the aristocracy to prevent any organization among the slaves. If the slaves were not organized they could not rally for revolt. Broken slaves were obedient slaves and broken slaves did not make for good conversation.

"You do not have to apologize for something you have not done, Tali. It is enough that you do not prove those stories true." Kazlain seemed to be saying Tali's name out sheer amusement. It wasn't often he was privileged enough to address another person, let alone by their name. It made him feel as if he was someone's equal for the first time in his life. The Minotaur smiled brightly as the Elfess removed her cowl. He was not certain what passed for beauty in her race, but her look was pleasing. He could not imagine her being considered homely for her kind nor did he feel as if he wanted to look away from her. "There we are. You hide such a pretty face for some reason? You are not shamed are you?" Kazlain could not understand why she hid herself. If Kazlain was not so scarred by his life as a slave and perhaps were more attractive himself, he would not hide it. She had a warming smile as well. One that spoke to her kind nature. Kazlain wondered if the fates had favored him, this once, sending him Tali for some important reason.

"Do you seek to sail the sea for any other reason than to simply do so?"
Kazlain was surprised to hear that the young Elfess was interested in sailing which was one of his few passions. The beast-man was also overjoyed in the fact that these lands were new to her as well. He felt that it was something that he could relate to her with. Being in an unfamiliar place, far from home, and not knowing what to expect was large burden. Perhaps he would be able to share Tali's burden. "I will tell you anything you wish to know, Tali. I do not keep secrets or withhold the truth from one that I have given my trust." The Minotaur shifted his position in the sand uneasily for a moment before continuing. "Up until the last two seasons, I was a lowly slave among my people" Kazlain had a lingering doubt in the back of his mind about telling Tali that he was a slave. He knew not her people's position on slavery and he did not wish to revile her with his low born status. "I was a sailor amongst a naval fleet for the Minotas military. I had saved my Captain from drowning and my rewards was to be thrown over the side of the ship myself. It may sound harsh, but in truth it gave me my freedom since I survived." It was likely the only opportunity he had to feel freedom in his life and even though it came about in such a twisted fashion he was still grateful for it.

His gaze settled on Tali's eyes and looked deep into them as if searching for something he had lost or perhaps an answer to a question that had long been forgotten.
Old May 16, 2018, 08:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Champion

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Icefyre is a malevolent Minion

oocYour Friendly neighbourhood mod has arrived. Hold onto your hats as the fun is about to begin

The man, who by the looks of it was a sailor, of some sort was walking across the beach. He didn't mind the breeze, or the heat of the sun's, his head protected by a bandana he had made from a piece of striped cloth. He wore a blue shirt, and dark blue trousers. His arms, and any other skin that was exposed was tanned, due to working on a ship, or boat. he had a beard that he kept trimmed, and bright blue eyes, the color of a clear sky.
He walked with purpose, and with some curiosity towards the pair of... Well he had trouble defining what he was seeing... It wasn't everyday one could travel across a beach and come across a Minotaur, and an elf, a pretty one at that. (The elf, not the Minotaur, although, after a few cycles at sea...?) Anyway... The man walked up to the pair and introduced himself.

"Serale. The gods must be smiling on me for I was looking for a strong man to help me on a quest, and here you two are. I get the added bonus of beauty and the beast if you will. Now allow me to introduce myself. I am Deanto Shuy, and pleased to make your acquaintance I am.

You may be wondering why I am looking for a pair such as yourselves to help me. Well, that is assuming that you would be willing to help me that is... I have a little proposal that I would like to put to you. You see. I was playing a game of chance with an old seadog in the tavern back in Port, when luck smacked my arse and I won. The thing is, the thing I won was an old map. Now the old man gave me some clues that be written on the map, and things, but by all accounts this ere map can lead to a little bit of treasure. So I have a boat a waiting, and If you'd like to help me then I'd be willing to split the pot two ways, what you do with your share, would be up to you.
So what do you say? You interested in finding some treasure for yourselves?"

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please

Last edited by Icefyre; May 16, 2018 at 08:14 PM.
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2018, 06:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Everything is walnuts

Tali blinked in confusion, watching as the expression she once wore had now tainted the rough features that sat before her. All she had done was blush a bit. Had he never seen such happen before? Or could he not see it? It was obvious he wasn’t blind, but there was a possibility that he couldn’t see colors. As her mind conjured up the different possibilities, she realized that an explanation had fallen through the cracks which left the Minotaur trapped. “Eh? Oh, I’m alright! Thank you, though.” Auburn strands were tucked behind her pointed ear, acting as an action for one to focus on while the burning of her cheeks tapered off. “It’s a bit warm out here is all.” It wasn’t necessarily a lie, but the best excuse that she could grab hold of within the depths of her jumbled mind. While the breeze led into the sea and brought with it relief from the triple suns, the blanket of sand managed to only absorb the heat. She was rather grateful, in fact, for having worn her dark brown leggings for it gave her an additional layer of protection. More than likely, it was her companion who had to be suffering since he-

Right! So! Enough about feeling ill and aimless ramblings that never were given a voice! Time to continue making friends and keeping the Minotaur at ease! Gods, the Sea of Diana had a lovely gleam to it when it shone beneath the suns. Fabulous sight. Yup.

His tale made the ultimate distraction against her horridly perverted thoughts (all thanks to Sliucha, in her opinion). Her brow furrowed as she returned her gaze back to the Minotaur. He was a slave of his own people? That would explain quite a bit. “I’m...I’m so sorry,” the elfess began but quickly found herself at a loss for words. What could be said? His past had been one of hardship and cruelty, but now he was a free man (beast?) and able to do as he pleased. In comparison, her troubles seemed so small and it wasn’t just because of their height difference.

“I wish there was something that I could say. Anything that would ease the pain of the past that burdens you so greatly, but alas I cannot. Namely because I have no past to really speak of.” There was a small bit of a pause upon Tali catching herself from spilling her sad tale. Now wasn’t the time nor did it matter in comparison. What the Minotaur needed now wasn’t a sob story, he needed encouragement. A guide so that he could find the life he has always deserved, but can now finally have.

Somehow it was thrust upon her to do so. Ah how the Gods loved to torture her. But this time it didn’t feel like too difficult of a burden. In fact, it was a chance for her to do exactly as she wanted. Make the life of those she surrounded herself with better in what little time she had left on the world they shared.

With a great deal of hesitancy, less out of fear and more of respect, she reached out and laid a hand on Kaz’s shoulder. A warm smile complimented the gesture, hoping the two would give the explanation of her trying to comfort him. “If...If you’ll trust me, or permit me rather, I can try and help you. Show you some sights and get you where you deserve to be in your life.”

Wait.

She had managed to blow past the other questions that her companion had asked her. FETH.

The blush to her cheeks returned with vengeance, her eyes widening in a mixture of surprise and horror. Way to go, dumbarse.

“I-I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to be rude. I sort of got sidetracked and forgot to answer your question from earlier-“ even then, it seemed fate didn’t want her to give a response for a sailor strolled over to greet them. The way he spoke was a bit disrespectful, calling Kaz a beast, but she decided not to judge quite yet. Instead, she slowly stood and gave Deanto a slight bow. “Tali. It’s nice to meet you.”

A treasure map, eh? It sounded appealing and the perfect excuse for an adventure on the open sea. However, more information was required. Why would someone casually walk up to a pair of strangers and offer a share? It seemed a bit unusual, although there was a chance that sailors simply had that sort of mannerism to them.

“If I may ask, why just approach a few strangers? Do you not have a crew or friends that could aid you? I don’t mean to be skeptical, it’s just a bit odd is all.” The last bit was a quick add so that Kaz wouldn’t get worried. He didn’t understand social situations so she had to choose her words carefully.

"Never Forget..."

Old May 17, 2018, 07:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Citizen

Kazlain was touched that the Elven woman wanted to help him find his way in the this new land he found himself in. He had never had anyone show such compassion to him before. He had always lived his life under the yoke of slavery. He had forced himself to stop dreaming of a future for himself for it only brought him more heartache. But now, maybe, there was a chance for him to do something more than just exist. Kaz's musings were interrupted by another surprise, however. A human, claiming to be a sailor with some map or other. Kaz stood and released a derisive snort upon being referred to as a beast. It seemed this man did not have the manners that Tali had. At the instant Kaz thought of Tali his instincts took over. As the Elfess had finished talking Kaz easily swept the young maiden off her feet and into his arms. Kaz turned and gently set Tali down behind him, placing himself between her and Deanto.

He did not trust this new arrival and he had only just found his first friend. He wouldn't allow anyone to harm Tali. They would have to go through him before they could get to her. "Answer the lady, human." Kaz's voice thundered with a new ferocity he had not shown before. Kaz's hands found themselves balled into fists as they had when he first came across Tali. His coal black eyes stared through the human who had rudely interrupted them. Deanto did not seem aggressive, but Kaz knew only too well the darkness that lurked in the hearts of men. No one would hurt his friend.
Old May 21, 2018, 01:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Champion

The sailor listened to the lady elf’s questions and then watched as the Minotaur took her and placed her away from his area. The way the Minotaur was acting the sailor looked at him with a little mistrust himself. There he had been, nice as you come, offering to let them in on his good fortune and this One had then taken offence to something he had said? Well Deanto could find others if these didnt want the fun and excitement of a treasure hunt. It wasn’t as if others had turned him down already, the two were the first he had seen after winning his bet, so he’d let them make their decision, and if it was in the negative then he’d move on, non the worse for ware.

”Well now my strong friend, you seem to have mistaken a few words of jest, as something I be saying at you in nastiness. Nothing could be further from the truth. I’ll answer your ladies questions as you have asked me to do so, but not out of spite, I might add.

So it just so happens that you are the first people I have met since winning this prize. Now I have a boat waiting. It only be a smallish craft that maybe we could get us and another 2 crew, if we needed them, but, and dont take offence to this mate, for you are a prize in itself if I might say so, in that your race are fabled to be very strong, and I was thinking as like, you would be the worth of the additional two crew men if ever there was a doubt. So that being said, I saids to meself that if you and the young lady would cares to join me, then we would be the richer by it, the shares being split between us we’d gain more each.

So now I’ve answered your ladies questions there the real question from me is, ‘Do you want in on this opportunity, or not. You Wont hurt me feelings if you say no, as I was going to go to the docks to hire the four crew I would have been taking, so it’s up to you.”

Deanto stood looking the Minotaur in the eye. Either he was brave, drunk, or a bit of both, but he knew that this was an opportunity not to be missed and the offer was put out there for them to make their decision.

Last edited by Icefyre; May 21, 2018 at 01:14 PM.
Old May 21, 2018, 04:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Everything is walnuts

Needless to say, she hadn't expected that.

Widened eyes blinked in confusion upon being scooped up from the ground as if she were as light as a feather. It wasn't until she was reunited with the sand beneath her boots that she realized what the feth had just happened. Kaz wanted to protect her and so he, in his own unique way, put himself between her and the sailor in question. The problem for the minotaur, however, was that despite her size? She could be just as overprotective. A gentle hand laid itself against his back as the elfess shifted to stand beside the tall beast. If they were going to handle this? It was going to be together.

The sailor's story was believable enough, if not still a bit suspicious. Due to the man's gaze being locked on trying to meet the minotaur's gaze, Tali cleared her throat. "A moment for us to discuss this in private, please? We can't simply accept your offer without a bit of time to talk. We work as a team so if one of us doesn't believe you? You get neither of us." The statement was rather bold, but it was better to come off as a bit more intimidating so that they were less likely to be walked all over.

If Deanto agreed and left them, she would move so that she was facing her new companion. Well, facing being a relative term since she couldn't meet his gaze. "I know that you're a bit new to all of this, but it sounds like a decent opportunity. However, if I'm wrong - we would be stranded out in the middle of the ocean. Can you sail? Maybe we can take over the ship if he betrays us." There was a moment's pause before she quickly added. "N-not that that sort of thing happens often! I'm just paranoid so I like to be prepared."

Gods knew that he didn't need to think mutiny was a normal thing on Telath.

"Never Forget..."

Old May 22, 2018, 04:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
Citizen

Kaz stared down at the human who now stared defiantly back at him. The Minotaur knew all too well that he could shred the man limb from limb with little effort. A snort of frustration emanated from the big man torn with the idea of whether he could trust the errant human or not. He was foolhardy to just approach without warning. If Kaz was not so adamant about preventing wanton violence he imagined he would have crushed the human before he had finished talking.

Kaz was about to reply to the flippant sailor when he suddenly felt a hand on his back. For some reason this gesture calmed the beast as he looked to his side to see Tali, now standing next to him. Kaz relented as Tali addressed the sailor he was both surprised and pleased when Tali referred to them as a team. It seemed he had chosen wisely in trusting the Elfess. He was quickly growing fond of the woman and knew that she would not lead him astray.

Kaz looked down at the small Elfess as she turned to face him. "Aye, if it's a small vessel I can sail it well enough, as long as the seas abide by it." Kaz hadn't much experience sailing anything other than a small vessel. When he was enslaved on larger vessel his job was mostly manual labor that didn't directly involve the sailing of the ship. He had seen enough and heard enough that he might be able to manage it if he had too, but he would promise no guarantees. The big minotaur let out a deep sigh. He supposed he could not afford to turn down the opportunity. He had no money to his name, no home, and no real possessions to call his own. This could be a chance for him to earn some coin and begin establishing himself in this new land. Besides, he was awfully hungry as well. "Perhaps we can get him to throw in meals while we are aboard. I haven't had a decent meal in quite a while. I'll defer to your judgement, Tali. If you feel we can trust this human, then we will go with him." Kaz paused seemingly a little hesistant, "Just…..be careful."
Old May 31, 2018, 02:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Champion

Deanto waited and watched as the mismatched pair talked through his proposal. He was a patient man and knew that the candlemarks would not be stopped from passing, but he also knew that if he was going to make some gain from this then the better equipped in terms of a team he would lose some of the share.

” Well now if you have agreed we can make our ways to my little boat I had a waiting for us in the docks. We can call into a store on the way to enable you to buy some things if you need them, and if you agrees to come with me now I’ll even put some monies on the table for you to use before we leave to spend as you need to. I am not trying to fleece you guys but the offer is there for you to take, but if we don’t make a move soon the candlemarks will pass, and we will be a sailing by the moon, which is ok, but I’d prefer to be in the light if you understand.

So what will it be?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: