Old September 15, 2017, 03:13 AM   #136 (permalink)
Legend

Wealth Tier: Steel
Alphonsus is a benevolent Adventurer

The priest looked up from his prayer and smile. "It is a good brightening and fortuitous that we could speak once more before I leave for another part of the empire. My lord had asked me to return to Aslangard, where I could train new priests of Aslan. It is just sad that I couldn't be around to see your acceptance into the paladinship."

A bell rang and the priest smiled. "The service is starting. We will talk later."

The service started in the earnest. It began with the usual introductory, hymns of praises to Aslan (and to Ioannes), a sermon about bringing the truth to all part of the world and to do it was honor and finally it reached the part the three initiates were waiting for.

Brother-Captain Casdin went up to the front and spoke. "It is a joyous brightening. Three citizens of the empire had completed their most basic of trainings. Qi Onze, Maahes Lionheart and Tracy Morgan. Come forward and kneel."

The three initiates stepped forward and kneeled. The residing priest and Casdin laid a hand of benediction on their head in turn. "Stand and face the crowd. I present to you, our new initiates, ready for their final test."

There was a look of surprise on Tracy face as the crowd cheered loudly.

"Return to your seat now and be calm."

The service continued as per normal. More hymns of praises, the paladins queued for the blessing by the priests and dismissal.

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Posting Status: Catching Up
Medonia's Detective, Telath's Bard
Alphonsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15, 2017, 09:27 AM   #137 (permalink)
Notable

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Maahes is an upstanding Citizen
"You'll be missed Fatherdoes he have a name?. I'll see you when you get back." He returned to his seat as the sermon began and he listened intently. Bringing the truth to the people of this world was their mission and one he felt was important. Then the three initiates where called forward to kneel before the entire assembly. It took the katta all of his energy to keep his tail from flapping about excitedly... Wait where all three of them going to graduate?... He was confused. Brother-Captain Casdin just said that all three of them where ready for their final test, was it some sort of trick, would their final test be the deciding factor as to who gets accepted?

Maahes rose and faced the crowd, a sense of pride and acceptance wash over him. This was to be his new family... the church his new home.... He looked admiringly at all the parties that had gathered to witness this honorable moment. A single tear dripped down his cheek. He had done it! He was officially becoming a paladin! His family would be proud, Will and Lynna would be proud.
Old September 15, 2017, 01:08 PM   #138 (permalink)
Legend

oocFather Lambrecht Leijona

The service was over and the trio was led to the original vaulted hall they had first met.

It was a déjà vu moment for Maahes. The three stood in one line, Brother-Captain Casdin was sitting behind the desk, Acolyte Morgan standing near the door. The only difference was the three were more experienced, wearing armor proudly and Brother Black was also in the room with another proud man in heavy armor. Neither Maahes, Qi nor Tracy recognised this man, but by the aura he had, the man must be someone of great power.

After a minute of overpowering silence, the man nodded stiffly at Casdin, who nodded back. Brother-Captain Casdin stood straight and spoke in a very formal voice. "Thou art hast proven thyself in many ways, showing truth and honor in both words and actions. Thou art hast also shown great fortitude to endure the hardship of training, shown bravery to battle against monsters in reality or in thy own mind, and show the willpower to overcome temptation. For that, we applaud thee, for not many could do that."

Brother-Captain Casdin clapped his hands three times. No one else followed the clapping of hand. They just watched silently. He continued his speech. "Thy path doth not end here, for indeed, stronger temptation are always around to tempt thee, fear is always there to shaken thee, and complacency is always threatening to soften thee. Through the passage of time, we have seen good and promising people turning to the Aeternians, because evil gives power freely without first demanding any initiate sacrifice, but look at the price they have to pay after that, is it worth it. I tell thee solemnly, guard thy heart well for the Aeternians would surely try to convert thee and prevent thee from becoming a paladin, the greatest of their enemies."

Brother-Captain Casdin sat back down. "Maahes Lionheart. Step forward."

Once Maahes took a step foward, Brother-Captain Casdin asked. "As thou art wouldst have already heard many times from myself or other trainers, thou hath done well so far, but I must warn thee that thy path is still long. Let me ask thee once again. Thou art sure of thy commitment, to forever guard thyself and the Church of Faith against evil!"

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Old September 15, 2017, 10:02 PM   #139 (permalink)
Notable

This was it, this was the moment he had waited for as long as he could remember! He stood proudly with his fellow initiates in the council of their superriors. The aura of the other man suggested he was of high rank. Maahes stood as still as Paladin in Temple calm and relaxed.

He listened intently to the Brother-Captain Casdin as he gave his speech. Tears formed on the edge of his eyes, it has getting hard to breath as the emotions flowed through him. The Captain called him forward...

After a moment he took a deep silent breath and stepped forward. "This is a question I have pondered over for many candlemarks and I have always came to the same answer." after a brief moment he continued. "My allegiance is to Aslan, Prince of Aetheria, and his father Ioannes, the ruler of Aetheria, for they are my Lords..." His faith in them had brought him that far. He knelt dawn in front of Brother-Captain Casdin and looked him in the face. The paladins reflection glinted off his glossy golden eyes. "Yes! I vow to protect the Church of Faith from all its enemies, foreign and domestic, materiel and extra-planer! I vow to rid it of any corruption and keep it's path true and honest... Forever until my death!" The young katta said with devout conviction, faith and honesty. This was a vow that he would take seriously for the rest of his life!

Last edited by Maahes; September 16, 2017 at 11:11 PM.
Maahes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2017, 08:07 AM   #140 (permalink)
Legend

"And may Aslan look favorably and bless you, young Maahes" Brother-Captain Casdin nodded with pride.

After Maahes returned into the line, Qi and Tracy took their turn one at a time. The Brother-Captain repeated his words with a little variation in them. Although the content of the speech was the same, the variation was there to pinpoint their flaws.

Maahes had shown great stoutness and faith, therefore Casdin had decided to issue a warning within his speech to guard his heart well. The stronger the faith, the harder to break, but once broken, it can never be repaired

The speech to Tracy was to ask him to be more hardworking, understanding and that there is no such thing and a task beneath a paladin.

The speech to Qi was to remind him of his past, his second chance and to make full use of it.

After Qi returned into the line, the proud unknown man nodded once again at Casdin and marched out of the room. The others in the room relaxed noticeably once that man left.

"In case you don't know, that is our Chapter Master." Brother-captain Casdin said with a relaxed smile. "As you know, I am just giving you the basic training and the understanding of what we do here. There is still a long road ahead of you before you can officially join the ranks of the Paladins. Once you have completed all the task, and think you are ready to take on the mantle of a paladin. It is a pity I can only take one of you to mentor in the coming brightenings. I do with I can take all three of you."

Acolyte Morgan began moving and stood behind her brother, Tracy.

Brother Black also moved to stand behind Qi.

"From this brightening forth, Tracy will continue his training under Acolyte Morgan, and Qi will be continue his training under the watchful eyes of Brother Black. Don't slack off now. I will still be watching and if I think you have slacked off, I will return you to basic training. Right, dismiss." Casdin announced with a mischievous smile. The four of them saluted the Brother-Captain and marched out of the hall.

Only Brother-Captain Casdin and Maahes was in the hall. Casdin looked at Maahes for a while, looked down at his desk shook his head and sighed. He did not speak, but just tapped his quill on the table repeatedly.

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Old September 16, 2017, 09:25 AM   #141 (permalink)
Notable

'Guard thy heart, for the stronger thy faith the harder thy break' A warning to the young paladin... to what end? he could only guess, the future was unpredictable and fluid but he would heed the Brother-Captain's warning. He bowed is head in respect "Yes Brother-Captain" he said and returned to his fellow initiates. He watched silently as the powerful knight nodded in agreement and left the room, The Chapter-Master! What an honer.

Maahes watched as his friends also got called up before Casdin and the council. Maahes was confused, where they all three graduating. It seemed so, Tracy was assigned to train with Acolyte Morgan, Qi was assigned to train with Brother Black and Maahes? Well Meehaes wasn't actually assigned to train with any one... Yet...

The initiate looked at Brother-Captain Casdin "Am I to be assigned to train with a Brother as well or will I be training under you Brother-Captain?" He asked questioningly still a bit confused about the whole ceremony. Was he now a Neophyte? He wasn't sure, all he knew was there was a long path ahead of him! One full of honor and sacrifice...
Old September 16, 2017, 11:19 AM   #142 (permalink)
Legend

"Oh sorry. I was a little distracted." Casdin looked up and said. "I will be mentoring you. That is not exactly teaching. From this brightening forth, aside from any assigned temple, wash area, kitchen and
patrol duties, your other brightening are all free... Neophyte Lionheart"
He paused for the Katta to absorb the change in his title.

"Also, your sparring time with Tracy and darkening travels schedule would likely be cancelled until they settle their time. Good news is, you all will still stay together in the same bunk until further notice." Casdin paused for a while thinking a bit. "You have done quite well, trained in sword and trained in magic. You have participated in a dangerous hunt that would actually settled one of the little criteria not many paladins knew about, fight in a real and dangerous battle. Now, we just need you to be confident in your smithing skill and believe your training is finished, you may approach the Chapter Master to consider if you are worthy to join our rank. You fasting and your meditation within the chapel accompanies the deliberation period. If you are deemed worthy you will then be give the choice to join the Militant Arm or the Custodious, depending on your goals and skills... I am guess you would prefer the Militant Arm?"

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Old September 16, 2017, 06:57 PM   #143 (permalink)
Notable

So that was it? It seemed so, anticlimactic… What could be so important that he forgot to assign him a Brother during his initiation ceremony? "Is everything okay?" He asked compassionately.

After listening to his reply he would continue, "All three of us are to join the order?" he asked hesitantly still a bit confused on what all just happened. "Thats great, but I thought only one of us would be accepted as a Neophyte this season?" he asked questioning.

After listening to Casdin he replied "Really? You think I'll be ready so soon. I heard some Neophytes didn't advance to a Paladin for seasons even eras. You really think with some smith training I will be ready." He asked again as to make sure he heard the man correctly. The news was somewhat of a shock to him.

OOCI think we should wrap this one up. Maybe we can start a new one, basically some more training!!! Then when I get some Smithing XP we can go a little further. I was also thinking of keeping Maahes as a Neophyte for a little while. What do you think?

Last edited by Maahes; September 16, 2017 at 09:41 PM.
Maahes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2017, 07:55 PM   #144 (permalink)
Legend

Casdin nodded and smiled. "I was just thinking about Father Leijona. Did you know he was an initiate? He was the same batch as myself, proved to be a much better swordsman than me, but Aslan had a different calling for him. Just felt sad that I couldn't send him off."

"As to your question, yes. All three of you are neophytes, but whether all of you would progress further, it depends on you now." He said solemnly. Then he grinned. "Never once did we say only oneDid I gotcha? It was part of the original plan to PMD will be accepted. On acceptance brightening, you came late, so both Tracy and Qi knew only one will be accepted to be trained further as an Acolyte, just in case both wishes to join that arm. Later on when we found our you have misunderstood our meaning, we decided to put it as, yet another a test. A wise man once said... A self-declared sinless man always believe he must look out for sin of others, to the point they would cheat, steal and commit other heinous act. In our case, we are to bring the truth to others, but at the same time, we must seek out the truth as well. At no point did you asked me if there was only going to be one selected... nor did you ask your fellow initi... Neophytes."

"You have trained for a full season and gained the required skills. To go further, you must seek out the Chapter Master. He will look into your heart (and merits) and decide if you are worthy to wield the soul blade and wear this armor." Casdin pointed to his own armor. "Go now. You deserve a good rest. Take a brightening off before resuming your training as you seem fit."

oocWas already thinking to wrap up. So let's do it! When you have your blacksmith, let me know, we will make you approach the chapter master, go on fasting and start the last leg of the quest

S O F | Nature Musicorum
Old September 16, 2017, 10:32 PM   #145 (permalink)
Notable

Maahes smiled at Brother-Captain Casdin who had gown to become more of a father figure then anything. "I will miss Father Leijona as well. He said he was traveling to Aslangrad for awhile to spread the gospel, maybe we can go visit" It was sort of a joke he knew his kind was not welcome there.

"I guess your right I never did bluntly ask but from what was said I assumed..." he paused for a moment then continued "It's of no consequence now, I'm just glad for all of us." his face lit up at the thought of Qi and Tracy, his friends! All graduating together...

There was no time to slack, the deeds Aslan would require of him would be unfathomable. He had to be Stronger! Faster! Better! Then everyone... There is no rest for the wicked and there for, no rest for Maahes...

The katta wagged his tail excitedly, "A brightening off?" He said as if it was a joke "There is no such thing! I will get fitted for my own surcoat and design a lionheart pommel for my lance... if you permit it of course." he said with a bow. He was excited to say the least! with a quick leap in the air he clapped his heals together then sprinted off to the Temple.

Under the supervision of Brother-Captain Casdin Maahes would thrive! He trained harder then ever running to check point three twice a brightening. He continued Temple Service four brightenings a cycle and was adamant on finding the sacrilegious conspirators that dwelled within. With Tracy busy the young Neophyte would spar with Casdin himself and he would give 110 percent 200 percent of the time. Most of all the trained as a Weaponsmith. His trade skill was the last hurdle that stood in the way of him becoming a fully ordained paladin... and so he trained... and he trained HARD!

The End... (To Be Continued...)

Old September 28, 2017, 06:28 PM   #146 (permalink)
Aim To Misbehave...

Maddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious Superhero

OOC;
2 Experience in Swordsmanship Approved, Basic Sword Awarded.
Rank of Neophyte Confirmed. This does not increase wealth rating.

Cheers, Maddyn
Maddyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: