Old November 27, 2016, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hammer Time

Wealth Tier: Steel
Sťamus Stormfist is an upstanding Citizen
[Location] Stormfist Weapons and Armor

Stormfist Weapons & Armor

Stormfist Weapons & Armor is located within Aelyria Prime's mercantile district. It consist's out a a simple brick building with a copper plate outside the door mentioning the name and bearing the symbol of the business. The building also houses the living quarters of the owner and proprietor of the business.

Inside, the building has a stone floor and upon entry there's a large wooden counter and a bench to sit on. In the back there's the forge, smelting oven, workbench and grinding stone.

A small bell is placed on the counter, so any prospective client can signal the smith that thereis a request to be made.

Offers/costs:

Bronze Tier: Maintenance of weapons and armor, small repairs to weaponry and armor, low grade quality weapons and armor.

Sterling Tier: Reforging of weapons and armor, medium grade quality weapons and armor.

Steel Tier: N/A

Last edited by Sťamus Stormfist; February 10, 2017 at 06:07 AM.
Sťamus Stormfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3, 2016, 01:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Legend

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Ceva Nil'riia is a benevolent Adventurer

knock knock

XXIII Winter

A long shadow loomed from the small crack of a slightly ajar door bearing a merchant symbol. Across the stone tiles, the black shadow stretched. Darkness seeped between the subtle cracks in the masonry. The length of the silhouette elongated by the light and heat of the forge. The door slowly opened as the shadow's owner came into view.

A long blue robe drifted up from the shadow. Pale white markings were stitched along the sleeves in an odd pattern, almost arcane in nature. The white embroidery was lost in long flowing white hair that cascaded down the man's shoulders. His black skin contrasted starkly against the ivory colored hair. A smooth elven complexion with long curved ears. Vivid red eyes peered around the shop curiously. A playful smile cast across his ashen lips.

His voice was peculiar, slightly whimsical in nature. The words were broken apart in an unusual pattern. Syllables pulled apart slowly, odd emphasis on various sounds. The ending of words lingered in the air, between long pauses.

"Hmm....Hello...I am looking...to make...a...purchase."

Ceva had been looking to pick up a few things. He also was looking to meet more merchants in the city. Unlike Paxia, Aelyria Prime lacked any kind of merchant council far as he knew. It was a much looser organization of trade. That meant a bit more hands on time in the various shops. He did enjoy meeting new people.

CIR
Ceva Nil'riia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3, 2016, 04:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Hammer Time

From behind the wooden counter in the shop, the steam and smoke from the forge at the back were clearly visible, as both escaped into the shop through the open entrance to the establishment's very own workingplace.

When the dark elf announced his presence, the heavy stomping sound of leather boots on the stone floor could be heard coming closer, after which a relatively tall and muscular dwarf appeared from said aforementioned entrance covered in a mixture of soot, sweat and condensed steam.

Wearing only his trousers, boots, leather gloves and a heavy leather appron, the bearded member of the dwarven kin almost seemed to ignore the elf as he removed his gloves, used a cloth to remove the filth from his arms and face and lit a pipe.

A grumble could be heard coming from the dwarf's lips when he realised he had a customer and not just any, but a Long-ear.

Withe a frown on his face, an expression mired with distrust and an obvious disliking to any of Ceva's kin and appearance, the dwarf walked towards the counter and leaned on it with his free arm, greedily nipping at his pipe and blowing out the smoke in little puffs.

"Sťamus Stormfist at yer service," The dwarf calmly introduced himself, without any change in his expression whatsoever. "What may one of ye kin be asking of one of me kin? A sword to kill some of me own or perhaps a shield to protect yeself from those of me kin?"
Old December 4, 2016, 01:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Lion of Northumbria

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Keldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious Superhero

XXIII Winter

Prime, ah the once glorified city of Teleth to the young elf had lost its glory. Now it was the center of greed and those who sought power for their own benefit. Not the benefit of others or to protect those who could not protect themselves. No, the seasoned elf knew all to well that Jorel had sunk into the hearts and mind of the capital. But that did not mean there was glitters of light inside the city, one only had to look for them and who better else help guide through the darkness then the merchants themselves.

Stepping inside the establishment Keldon ruffled his thick coat to knock off the light blanket of snow that gripped him while he walked the streets. The darkening was approaching, and while light armor was all fine and dandy he had no intention of dealing with the rift raft of the streets until another brightening. It had been many, many era's since Keldon was in command of the capital and the empire... kingdom... empire... the national forces. His hair was no longer well kept, long and nobility about him. Instead it was short and cut. His face dirty and his clothing that of a commoner. The only hint of wealth was the gold plated scabbard with the sword of sages and the crest of house elsdragon expertly hidden underneath his clothing... along with one of his hands.

Making a glint of a smile he tapped the bell and awaited the shop owner or whoever might be present. "Serale, I hope Cetheron provided you well on this brightening... I am looking for some swords and armaments..." he stated with a small cough albeit forced. "I wondered if you know of anyone who has the time for such a request."

Keldon Elsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4, 2016, 02:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hammer Time

Keldon:

The dwarf in charge of the small smithy and shop in the mercantile district going by the name Stormfist Weapons & Armor, wasn't all that busy for once. In fact he had decided to use that brightening to do a bit of reading on some of his old ideas regarding armors and armaments.

With a good two hundred eras under his belt after his apprenticeship, Sťamus had a few notebooks full with scribbles and ideas worth a thousand eras of work if he ever decided to try them all out.

However, whilst enjoying his pipe and his lecture, the cold wind blowing through the opening door of his shop drew him back to reality and straight back into the heat of his forge.

With wary eyes, he looked at the unexpected visitor, grumbling ever so slightly when it appeared to be one of them Long-ears. It was flattering to his kin though, to have the oh so arrogant and oh so self centered Long-ears end up at a dwarf's place whenever they needed something that was made to last and not just made to look all fancy schmancy.

"Aye, Cetheron be blessed, has provided me well for me life," The dwarf chuckled a bit, puffing out a few tiny clouds of smoke while putting away the notebook which he had been reading. With a few stomping steps, he reached the counter, leaned on it and held his pipe in his hand while looking at the customer with a slight frown after hearing the man's request. "I be glad to hear what ye be needin', 't would after all be me who has the time for doin' some work."
"Aye, a dwarf is small and stocky, but we be stubborn, loyal to a fault and will not shy away from any obstacle placed in our path. We are the Stone kin, the Sons of Cetheron and damned are those who dare disregard us as 'just' Little People."

Old December 4, 2016, 02:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Lion of Northumbria

Keldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious SuperheroKeldon Elsdragon is a glorious Superhero

Leaning against the counter Keldon smiled and nodded his head gently. [i]I wouldn't exactly say blessed... perhaps its open to interpretation none the less.]/i] he thought to himself. "You see, a friend of mine has a forge that hadn't been used in sometime and he has a small guard. They have armor and weapons, though perhaps not much without the stain of rust and grit from the passage of time. So it'll need replacing and fixing i'd suspect." he trailed off looking around the room at the various things hung or even parchments on the wall to give some indication about the owner.

"Last I knew they were pulled from the forges of Zerdargia and the northern tips of the empire... but that was era's ago... so the twits left in charge might of put them up to be used for target practice. he finished with a slight shrug. "Whats yer specialty?"

Old December 4, 2016, 03:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hammer Time

Keldon:

The explanation the client gave Sťamus seemed straightforward enough, perhaps a little shady at best, but there seemed to be no dishonesty or hidden idea or meaning behind what he was implying.

In the meantime though, Keldon would notice that the owner of the shop was probably the worst at decorating his own shop, as there was not a single thing hanging on the bare brick walls. It was a sober place without any obvious distraction.

"Me specialty should be obvious, it's in the name of me establishment," The dwarf huffed a bit, his stern expression showing that he was not telling any jokes. "I be makin arms and armor, but if the client wills it, ye can ask me even to make tools for farmers. Metal is what I make and metal is what I work with. So do tell, mr... what can I, Sťamus Stormfist do for ye?"
"Aye, a dwarf is small and stocky, but we be stubborn, loyal to a fault and will not shy away from any obstacle placed in our path. We are the Stone kin, the Sons of Cetheron and damned are those who dare disregard us as 'just' Little People."

Last edited by Sťamus Stormfist; December 5, 2016 at 05:34 AM.
Old December 4, 2016, 06:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Legend

His hands reached out and gently waved through one of the small puffs of smoke. The dark elf chuckled playfully at the comments. The dwarf certainly seemed lively, and practical. Ceva could work with practicality. He kept his grin firmly placed. His voice held a whimsical tone.

"Ceva...of House Nil'riia...a pleasure."

Ceva took a few steps forward closer to the counter. His crimson eyes curiously studied the dwarf. He hadn't met many, not a common face in Har'oloth. He could play with words if the dwarf wished. He put on a mockingly apologetic glance towards the dwarf.

"Hmm....well...I have not killed any...of your kin...with...a sword."

The young dark elf crossed his right leg slightly in front of his left. He perched himself comfortably before the counter. He glanced down at the dwarf as he continued the conversation.

"Mmm...not sure...a shield...would protect me...for long."

He held up a single finger,

"Ah...now something more...practical...like chains...those might be...useful."

He lowered his finger as he wrapped his arms behind his back.

"Hmm...yes...chains for...the...livestock. Certain breeds...can be so very...restless."

Ceva didn't feel a need to spell it out for the dwarf. The man seemed to have a keen mind. The dark elf had always relied on whatever he could find, rope, chain, anything really. He wasn't sure an investment in smith forged chains was worth it. Lately, though his merchandise had seemed more honorary, though, so perhaps his new enterprise needed an upgrade. He patiently waited for a reply as he glanced around the shop.

CIR
Old December 4, 2016, 09:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hammer Time

Ceva:

"Ye seem to be quite the witty fellow," The dwarf suddenly burst out in loud and rumbling laughter, slapping the counter with an exeptionally large and broad hand. He seemed quite amused by the dark long-ear's quips and remarks. "...though me kin naturally distrusts those of ye long-ear fellows, ye seem to be honest enough not to hide yer trade all too much."

Sťamus made a sign by clasping that same hand with which he had slammed the table around his throat. "It be not in me nature to criticize another's profession, but I reckon I understand what ye be lookin' for."

The dwarf walked to the outer end of the counter, lifting part of the counter upwards to reveal a small door and opened it. "Follow me to the back to make some meassurements and arrange the necessary paperwork."

Old December 4, 2016, 10:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hero

Location: Current: Emerald River; Grandfathered: Secyclion, Arconis
Leto Karme is a benevolent Adventurer

And so it was, a letter arrived one the desk of the smithy in charge of the establishment:

Quote:
Dear Mr. Stormfist,

I have some items in need of reforging, and sharpening. Please meet me at your earliest convenience in my home on the outskirts of Aelyria Prime. May the sacred three guide you.

-Ravus Lockhorn
Also within the letter was a map of where his house happened to be. If he so chose to, he could meet the man there, or, he could send a letter in response to his letter requesting the reforging of his weapons and armor...
Leto Karme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5, 2016, 05:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
Hammer Time

Leto:

Sťamus took his time to take some rest from his routine of cleaning the smithy when a letter brought to him made him quite intrigued. After reading the contents of said letter, he decided to go for this man mentioned in the request himself. It was after all better to discuss prices in the comfort of a man's own home, where they felt more comfortable and were less annoying to deal with.

So packing for a small trip and dressing himself fully, Sťamus went to go and have a look at what this prospective client needed of him.

-continue HERE

Last edited by Sťamus Stormfist; December 6, 2016 at 07:30 AM.
Old December 6, 2016, 02:11 PM   #12 (permalink)

Lion of Northumbria

Weapons and armor are quite different, the young elf could never quite figure out how smiths specialized in two very different fields. A true artisan was either a weaponsmith, or a armorsmith. Not a well versed jack of all trades,

"Well then, I am going to need a sword made. he paused for a brief moment. "Or a suit of armor... choice is yours. Whichever you believe you will make better..." he nodded slowly at the idea. "I would like to see a example of your work... you see the contract would require relocation and the cost associated with that are not small."

Old December 7, 2016, 02:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
Hammer Time

Keldon:

"My deepest sympathies to those who specialize in something, only to fall short in the rest of the entire trade. I'd prefer being a master in all forms than being grandmaster in just one and be bad in all the rest,"

It was a simple thing to say, but in a sense Sťamus did think his view on his trade was correct. It was after all better to be versatile in a trade and not be rigid and stuck to the same old thing. Flexibility meant creativity, but being rigid simply spelled repetition and stagnation in one's craft.

"A sword or armor, hmm," The dwarf seemed intrigued and by no means disappointed by the man's request. it was an odd one, but nonetheless an interesting challenge. "Well fine than, I be makin' ye something very special and very new, 's been in me notes for a while now: My own variation on the Lorica Segmenta.""

Old December 11, 2016, 03:00 PM   #14 (permalink)
Legend

Ceva kept his charming smile in place as he offered a polite nod in return to the compliment. He shrugged his shoulder nonchalantly at the comment of his trade.

"Hmm...a nature of initial distrust...is a useful tool. I believe...the humans refer to it as...paranoia. "

To the second comment, Ceva merely nodded, not sure what the gesture meant. He followed the dwarf into the back. He was fairly familiar with paperwork. Regardless of race, or hobby, that facet of the business trade seemed universal. Ceva offered a slight bow to let the dwarf proceed in front.

"Of course...whatever is required...it is your store...after all."

CIR
Old December 11, 2016, 03:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Citizen

Anriel is an upstanding Citizen
Winter, Immanis Era XXIII

The door to Stormfist Weapons & Armor opened tentatively, a small form bundled beyond recognition slipping quickly inside. Thin fingers lifted to remove the well-worn hood, revealing a muss of pale whitish hair and distingtly long, elven ears poking out from beneath it.

The woman's steely eyes surveyed the shop a moment before finding the bell resting on the counter. With something clutched in her right hand, she tapped at the bell with her left, lips pursed tightly in what could be interpreted as uncertainty or unease.

She waited, not uttering a single word as she did so.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: