Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > Confederation of Sherian

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old September 20, 2017, 06:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
Son of Jorel

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Aáster Fen'gári is unknown and forgotten
This was punishment for his sacrilege to the priesthood he knew it. By accepting the gift of nature he dammed himself to Aeternia. At that moment he regretted ever laying eyes on Kora!

The planks that where supporting him would soon break apart becoming useless, he had to move fast. There where a few things floating around but it was the mast that caught his eye. If he could make it over there to that he had a chance. Still holding onto the plaque of his fathers horns he tossed it up in the planks. With one arm he held the plaque and the planks and with the other we would swim best he could over to the broken mast.

He didn't fight the waves as they crashed against him and let the chaos around him take hold, focussing solely on getting himself and his plaque to the mast in one piece.
Old September 21, 2017, 03:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Hero

Icefyre is a dubious Denizen

The waves, wind, rain, and the wrath of the gods, in Aaster's mind, were against him. Only the strength of a Minotaur would withstand the punishment tgat was being throw his direction at the moment. The motion of the waves, was taking the mast slowly in the same direction that he was swimming towards, but the waves motions made it hard to be able to catch up. With perseverance things might be possible, but as the waves crashed against each other, spray, foam, and water would often cover Aaster as he approached the floating beam. After a couple of failed grasps for the mast Aaster would finally grab hold, and cling to the mast.

The mast had some interesting attachments, ropes, attached and soaking wet was a ripped of piece of Sail, there was also, tangled in some of the rope, some net material.

As the candlemarks moved on the Minotaur would tire if he could get out of the water soon, there were some other objects around that maybe he could reach but how to get everything together? There was, what looked to be another couple of planks of wood from the deck, and another crate, this time bobbing higher in the water. One thing was for certain, not everyone was as lucky as him, if he was to look around him there were the forms of one or two bodies floating relatively close.

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Icefyre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 12, 2017, 12:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Son of Jorel

Aáster Fen'gári is unknown and forgotten
This may be the end for old Aáster Fen'gári, he was not a good swimmer! Unfortunately his girth of massive muscles worked against him adding little in the way of buoyancy, plus his hooves didn't work to well for paddling or treading water. The waves where relentless and after a long treacherous swim the massive minotaur finally reached the mast. He huffed and puffed as he held on for dear life.

If he could keep from getting tangled in the ropes and nets attached to the mast he may survive for a bit longer. If he didn't get out of the water soon he would surly expire, the 'big water' being his cold wet tomb.

He rested in the water with his arm flung around the large beam to help support him. He used a small piece of rope to safely fasten his horned plaque to the the mast. Then he would use some of the longer pieces of rope to attempt to wrangle in some of the near by debris. If he was lucky he could use the net and the sail fabric to lash it all together to form a make shift raft that he could climb aboard.
Old October 30, 2017, 01:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
Hero

Icefyre is a dubious Denizen

oocSorry for the delays, RL work issues, but I'm back to posting now so lets continue the fun.

Using a piece of the rope from the mast as a makeshft snare Aaster was able to gain purchase on the two boards, the crate was a little more difficult, but with perseverance, he was able to pull it closer to him. If Aaster was to look at his items he had he could maybe lash something together.
  • The piece of the mast - about eight feet long, it had sharp, jagged ends where the mast had been broken from the deck, and from the taller mast section. This piece had four pieces of rope, one of which Aaster had used as the snare, one short piece, and two other longer pieces, not as long as the 'snare piece.
  • The piece of the sail. The piece of sail was about ten feet long, and at its widest was about seven feet, but it tapered to about for feet wide at the short end.
  • The two planks of wood were about six feet long, and about six inches wide.
  • The crate was quite buoyant, and measured about three foot square, at the top, if turned on its side, the crate was about four foot deep.
  • A piece of net, about six foot square, but not square in that it was torn, so the one edge was not straight.

The question was, could Aaster look to put something together that he could use to rest on, or use as a means of floating so he could rest his limbs. The storm was still blowing, but the rain had eased a little making things a bit easier to see. If he could lash something together to help him, in the distance there were some more crates, and what looked to be a couple of barrels. Aaster might be able to reach them using the raft, or flotation of the other items.

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Icefyre is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: