Old February 25, 2017, 02:04 PM   #46 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Veleraen discovered that giants had never been created to be airborne creatures. Luckily, the efforts that he made prevented him from simply becoming a terrible smear of blood and viscera on the ground upon landing.

On the other hand, well, he was pretty sure his legs were broken at best, at least one of them anyway. It certainly hurt quite a bit, and rather hindered his mobility. But the rest of him was still working, at least, and his weapon was still quite functional. So that was a plus, right?

Meanwhile, the falling woman fared quite better, as one of her companions was able to catch her, although there was a fair amount of collision damage there - nothing quite along the lines of what Veleraen had gone through, though.
Old February 27, 2017, 01:49 PM   #47 (permalink)
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Veleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious Superhero

He had flown before but not this high.

Gravity was a terrible thing and before the Titan knew it, he was plummeting towards the ground. The impact was terrible and he could hear bone break in one of his legs, if not both. Plate armour only did so much to protect from the outside...but somehow he still managed to feth things up.

He tumbled and roared at the top of his lungs as he clutched at his right leg while laying on the ground. His left leg while it hurt, the Titan wasn't sure if it was broken or if it just took a little less of the impact as his right did. Either way, he was in a lot of pain and the Titan was running out of options.

Panic had begun to try and dig its claws into his him as his heart beat with the thunder of a thousand storms inside his chest but he drew a deep breath inward as he tried to calm himself as he had done so in many battles before, but now, the circumstances were a bit more dire.

Using his polearm like a crutch, Veleraen tried to pull himself up into a kneeling position at first, putting a little bit of weight on his left side to test it and see if he could stand. Eyes scanned around him to see where his enemies were at and whether or not immediate action was required for his defense. If he got out of this alive, he would need to make a better plan next time if he decided to try and fly.

SoF

RL Update (March 19th, 2018) - On an indefinite hiatus, as 2 month old kid/working full time is taking up all free time.

Veleraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2017, 09:29 PM   #48 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Right. So.

Mobility hindered. On the plus side Veleraen had managed to give one a good whack. Her compatriot had caught her and, despite the hearty smack that had resulted, neither of them seemed to have retained any particular serious damage. So it was still basically four on one, except his 'one' was a bit less than that, and they were still pretty much at four.

Not the greatest situation to be in. But, Aslan helped those who helped themselves! Or, you know, something like that.

As the Jalatians took a moment to reorganize themselves, the one with the abacus suddenly looked up into the sky. Shrouded with fog as the area was, Veleraen couldn't see anything, but there was suddenly a tingle in the air, a strange energy that suddenly manifested itself in a massive burst right in front of him, like a lightning bolt out of the sky. There, suddenly, a man stood, completely clad in shimmering black armor, his helm stylized like a lion's head, his face shrouded in the darkness of its jaw. He was not as tall as the giant, but would have towered over the average man.

"Finally, back to war." He turned around, holding a hand out towards Veleraen. "Stand, Titan. Whatever happens now, kneeling is a position only suitable before Aslan Himself."
Old March 1, 2017, 04:18 PM   #49 (permalink)
Mythic

Veleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious SuperheroVeleraen is a glorious Superhero

Veleraen could only watch on in shock and disbelief as he saw the other Jalatine help his formerly flying counterpart up as it seemed that he had not done as much damage as previously thought.

This made a lump form in his throat as he tried to harden himself to the potential reality of things; that he was most likely headed for Krypta this brightening. He had begun to steel himself to embrace the truth of the situation when something amazing happened.

He looked up to the sky as a burst of light stunned him in his seated position. It struck the ground and out of nowhere, a blackened figure appeared. A monster of a man, not bigger than Veleraen but clearly a warrior that any man would follow into battle. The Titan gawked for a brief second as he had not been expecting reinforcements. He blinked once, twice...his curiousity rising steadily as to who had come to his aid.

A voice spoke and a hand extended itself, which Veleraen brought himself to meet almost immediately after the brief moment of shock wore off. A golden Aetherium hand slid into its digits into the warrior's own and pulled himself up to a standing position, not daring to disobey such a command. Using his not-broken leg as the pillar to help him stand, Veleraen did his best to stand as best he could and stand next to the mysterious warrior who had descended from the heavens to fight along side him.

"Thank you." Veleraen ushered a quiet prayer to his Lord, as he realized that without assistance, he was surely doomed to live in the domain of the dead.

He refocused, took a deep breath and followed his counterpart's lead, as he was now at a large disadvantage. He shifted his mentality to defense and defense alone, hoping that whatever came his way, he could fend off until they managed to gain an upper hand. Using his halberd as a load-bearing staff, he withdrew a giant-sized dagger from his belt into his left hand in anticipation of having to defend himself. He would need to utilize his halberd as a pivot as he would have used his own right leg. Hopefully he wouldn't need to use it but could see that the fight was far from over...

SoF

RL Update (March 19th, 2018) - On an indefinite hiatus, as 2 month old kid/working full time is taking up all free time.

Old March 4, 2017, 12:30 AM   #50 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Despite the man definitely being smaller than Veleraen, and Veleraen being Veleraen and all, the man's grip was strong and able to help get the Titan back on his feet.

"So, your Prince would interfere with the Hunt?" the mounted Jaltian noted coolly, although the presence of the newly arrived man gave them pause. The balance of the situation had shifted. "It is to be expected - the Titan did not return on his own. But it is disappointing nonetheless."

"Wrong," muttered the one in the back, flicking away at his abacus. "Get on with it, Lion Baron. We have other places to be."

"Always so perceptive," the Lion Baron noted, crossing his arms in front of himself. "I suppose with you here, that makes things easier. Regardless of the problems one might raise against him, he is needed nonetheless. The balance shifts too much in one direction - he is needed to hinder, perhaps reverse it."

"My proposal is this, Titan!" The Lion Baron spoke aloud, addressing Veleraen even as he faced the Jalatians. "Sonos is in greater peril than ever before and Telath faces a crisis of faith. Despite what has happened, we need everybody that we can get. It will not do for the Jalatians to continue this vendetta - and so, a deal. They stop hunting you - and in return, you help them with their work. The Titan, on loan, to assist with the reclamation of those who should belong in the Lord of Death's domain."
Old March 6, 2017, 12:46 PM   #51 (permalink)
Mythic

The Titan stood in silence as it seemed that the balance of the battle at hand had shifted in his favour for the time being, as the Jalatians paused and brought forward conversation instead of weapons of war.

Eyes wandered to his Lord, Aslan himself, as Jalat's lackeys seemed disappointed in his arrival as he took away the fun of the hunt, if they even could 'feel' that exhilaration in the first place.

Veleraen dared not interrupt as the matters of Gods were still above him. Whether the truth about his return was valid or not, the Titan knew he still things to complete here on Telath before his time in Krypta began. His Lord knew this all too well, as he was here to make sure the tide did not shift too far in the Aeternian's favour.

The mention of Sonos pierced his heart as it was still a very touchy topic for him. What he had done there was unforgivable in his mind but still, he was still earning his Lord's favour...even now as he had come down from Aetheria itself to protect him from Jalat's reclamation team for those who had escaped Jalat's clutches.

His Lord's suggestion as a resolution to his being hounded by death somewhat struck him as a surprise. Work for Jalat? Hunt the damned himself? This was an odd solution. He took a heavy breath as his Lord spoke and while he did not necessarily agree that this was the best use of his time, he could not deny that his Lord was negotiating on his behalf against Death himself.

"If this were to settle my debt with Death, I would be willing to assist. I am not above such a task. I have taken on trials for my Lord and I will assist Jalat with those who need dispatching from this life to return to Krypta where they belong." As much as he hated the idea of hunting people down and killing them, it was better than being in Krypta himself.

He silently awaited the response of Jalat's hunters and his Lord to see where they stood.

SoF

Old March 8, 2017, 06:35 PM   #52 (permalink)
Foreboden!

"So it is decided," the Lion Baron spoke.

"So it shall be," the abacus man responded, even though it seemed his other companions wished to speak. He straightened his spectacles, pulling out a piece of paper and a quill and beginning to scribble upon it. "Hm, let us say, the Titan is allowed to decline a Hunt when it is conducted in a manner disagreeable to him, or against a target he fundamentally cannot Hunt... but, given he has escaped twice... factor in the interest... we will need to participate in a total of four Hunts to cover his debt." They wouldn't force him to act dishonorably, for the most part.

Acceptable? Just sign here, as the man held out the contract he had written up. It was written in very plain, concise language, and was exactly what had been discussed.
Old March 8, 2017, 10:00 PM   #53 (permalink)
Mythic

It all seemed a little too simple. Promises were one thing...but it seemed Death dealt more in the legalities of binding contracts than anything else. Veleraen didn't like signing pieces of paper but it seemed at this point in the game, he had come too far to back out now.

He was willing to make the sacrifice, to balance the scales once again and if he had to hunt down some poor souls to make that happen, then so be it. It might have been the conditions for the Titan that made it bearable. Be able to turn down a hunt? He couldn't let that fool him as it seemed that with all contracts, there was always small print hiding somewhere.

Veleraen looked it over with a fine eye but the pain in his leg was starting to tear at him from within and so with that, he decided that it was worth the risk.

"Very well."

He took the quill from the abacus man and signed his name upon the parchment.

Veleraen, son of Khreytek

He took a deep breath and looked to his Lord once again, wondering if this was truly all going to go away.

SoF

Old March 9, 2017, 06:27 PM   #54 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Once the paper was signed it suddenly immolated, and with another burst of fire two copies appeared, one in the hands of the Jalatians, another in the hands of the Lion Baron.

"We'll be in touch."

And it seemed that was that, as in a swirl of fog they disappeared, along with all the cold and the gloom and everything else that had come with the Hunt, simply leaving Veleraen at the outskirts of the dead city of Narim.
Old March 9, 2017, 10:00 PM   #55 (permalink)
Mythic

Eyes went wide briefly as he watched the contracts go up in smoke and copy itself to the hands of his now allies and the Lion Baron. He watched as the Jalatines disappeared in a storm of fog.

Veleraen took a deep breath as he let those words settle inside his mind for a moment. What would he have to do? Who would he have to hunt? These things and more were swirling through his head until he realized the Lion Baron was still standing there beside him.

"Please forgive me ignorance, but I do not believe we have met before." The armour or appearance was not familiar, albeit his Prince took many forms but he had a feeling that this was not Aslan in front of him by the way he had spoken earlier.

"Thank you for coming to my aid. I could feel Death creeping closer and closer every brightening since I returned to this world...I supposed this is a meager price to pay compared to being banished to Krypta."

SoF

Old March 11, 2017, 05:10 PM   #56 (permalink)
Foreboden!

"I am who I have said I am," the figure noted, "and I have said I am the Lion Baron." At least Veleraen was right in the fact that they'd never met before, though. There were probably plenty of champions that the Titan was unaware of.

"There will not be a third time," the Lion Baron cautioned the Titan. "This is a time of crisis. Do not forget that."
Old March 11, 2017, 06:39 PM   #57 (permalink)
Mythic

The Lion Baron seemed to be a man of few words...that he could respect. Veleraen didn't particularly like making chit chat either but as he limped and leaned against his halberd, he could only hope that this was not his final conversation with the mysterious figure.

"Please forgive my ignorance..." He bowed his head slightly out of respect.

The Baron's remark about the time of crisis was not lost upon the Titan. He too knew the risks by being a player in this war. He was almost banished to Krypta. That alone was something that could not be ignored.

"I understand." The Titan nodded in acknowledgement of the Baron's warning. "I will do my best to be more careful." He grunted in pain as he shifted his weight slightly, as he could feel the adrenaline wearing off. It wouldn't be long before he was in shock from the broken bones in his leg.

He thought momentarily about asking for the Baron's help again with his wounds...but he didn't look like the healer type. His pride might have gotten the best of him that brightening.

"I best make haste to safety and make camp...thank you again... for everything." His breath was a bit laboured but his best chance was to make camp and meditate so that he could slowly regenerate his wound to the point where he could walk and then set back for Caronis. This land was lawless with no other allies here. He would not survive the trek on a broken leg. It took him cycles to get here, exhaustion and loss of blood would take him before he made it a hundred miles north.

SoF

Old March 12, 2017, 06:11 PM   #58 (permalink)
Foreboden!

The last parting gift from the Lion Baron, then, resulted in a loud crack from the Titan's leg as some magic was woven - it didn't hurt, but it definitely felt weird, as bones realigned and healed. Veleraen didn't need to rest at all in order to walk again. He was right as rain.

"If we are lucky, we will not need to meet again." With some people, that was just how it was.
Old March 13, 2017, 04:47 PM   #59 (permalink)
Mythic

Veleraen stopped mid-stride as he felt his leg reform itself. He could feel the bone literally snap back into place and after the odd process was done, he placed weight on it and he could walk again...

He looked back to the Lion Baron and nodded again in thanks.

"If we are lucky..."

The Titan could feel as though the Lion Baron was not the talking type and turned back and began to head back home. Lessons had been learned and now a debt to Jalat was carried upon his shoulders as well.

SoF

Old March 13, 2017, 11:25 PM   #60 (permalink)
Foreboden!

And so it was.

OOC:
+2 xp towards any relevant skill

SoF updated.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: