Go Back   Aelyria > Community > Characters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 24, 2011, 04:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Adventurer

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Oliver la Penne is a benevolent AdventurerOliver la Penne is a benevolent Adventurer
Papyrus The One and Only la Penne: Unreliable Narrator & Comic Relief!

Oliver la Penne

"Tell your sister I said 'Serale'."
(patent pending)

Lute Harp
Head / Helm / Accessories
  • Head: Leather Cap
  • Neck: Rope necklace
  • Armor: None
  • Accessories: Cheap Earings

Torso / Clothes / Body Armor / Backpack
  • Torso: Cheap Tunic, Thin leather Jacket
  • Clothes: Low Quality
  • Weapon: Lute-Harp ("Betty")
  • Armor: None
  • Pack: Rusty Dagger, Toiletries, Clothes, Rations, Waterskin, Visa

Legs / Boots / Mount
  • Legs: Cheap Pantaloons
  • Boots: Low Quality leather Boots
  • Mount: None

Skills / Talents / Feats / Lore
Novice
Singing, Entertaining, Spellsinger
+2 Exp in Lute (Level 1)
+1 Exp Song (Unbinding, Level 1), +1 (Adventure)

Last edited by Oliver la Penne; July 29, 2015 at 08:29 PM.
Oliver la Penne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2011, 04:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Adventurer

Oliver la Penne is a benevolent AdventurerOliver la Penne is a benevolent Adventurer
Lyre "Knock, knock. It's me, your mother. Time to move out. By the way, you're adopted."

"Look At Me Now"

- Chris Brown ft. Lil Wayne, Busta Rhymnes

"Oh Ollie? What about him? What do you mean describe him? Are you a boy lover or something? What do you want to hear? He's average height, below average looks, and an above average voice. The kid's OK. Strange family, though. Can dark skinned folk even have a light skinned child? Now, buy something or beat it."
- Anonymous Market-woman

A Brief History

Oliver la Penne was born at an unnamed street corner by his unnamed mother who had him out of wedlock. There are a lot of unnamed characters in this story, sorry.

Anyway, he was adopted by a childless Arakmatan couple (also unnamed) who served in a local freak show. What is a 'freak show', you ask? Well, when a male freak is enslaved with a female freak, they generally 'make babies' - as it were - to pass time. Over a series of 'interactions' additional freaks are born. Those that are not born 'freaky' are rendered a freak to save time.

The Arakmatan couple who adopted Oliver? No they weren't freaks. I was getting to that part. They were traveling musicians, husband and wife and adopted child. They taught Ollie how to sing as he grew up to accompany their fine tunes.

Eventually, the freak show reached Prime. Then the Longest Winter happened. All-around-terrible things happened. Business plummeted (people were less interested in freaks when there was plenty of freakish weather to go around).

Not long after the Longest Winter ceased, food riots spurned by grain shortages and price hikes killed business again. By this time, the unnamed Arakmatans Oliver always knew as mama and papa were no longer carefree music people. Papa had taken to the drink, and mama 'miraculously' got pregnant and had a child.

Then one brightening in Spring of Era XVIII, Ollie was given the biggest revelation of his life: he was adopted.

And he had to get his ass out of the house and get a job. So, naturally, he did the responsible, adult, mature thing.

He ran away.

"Oliver la Penne? The Songsters' kid, right? Ya, I know him. He owes you money? Right. What can I say? He's the laziest, stupidest bastard I've ever seen. Oh, you're printing this? Is the boy famous now or something? In any case, tell him he owes Mr. Jones some money. And tell him to stop peeking in my daughter's bedroom!"
- Mr. Jones, local tavern owner.

Unbiased, Totally Impartial Description of Self:

Mere words cannot express how Oliver la Penne looks like on good brightenings. Have you ever looked into a lake, just before the suns set, from the skies on a flying castle? Keep looking at the lake. Are you also a demigod or some kind of immortal, amazingly beautiful creature with wings and ageless youth? Look at your reflection.

You're close to seeing what Oliver sees every time he looks into a mirror.

On bad brightenings, Ollie looks like something you pulled out of an alley: unkempt, awkward, and ridiculous to look at. Kinda like Jaedaxians during fashion shows. Minus the thousand-crown gown and make-up.

His eyes are a boring shade of green with an odd gray-like center. He's not blind, just strange. His hair is a carefree blond with plenty of knots and lazy curls. Lanky, not too short, but definitely underfed.

Is he heroic? Umblat no. He'd bring you along just to make sure he can jump behind you when the guards start shooting.

Last edited by Oliver la Penne; July 19, 2015 at 03:51 AM.
Old May 24, 2011, 04:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Adventurer

Compass "Time is like a box of chocolates...left outside and then stolen by homeless people."

"Time After Time"

- Cyndi Lauper

Liquidation Calendar

Spring of Eighteenth Era

Summer of Eighteenth Era,
After the Explosion of the Giant Magical Rock

Last edited by Oliver la Penne; August 26, 2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old May 24, 2011, 04:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Adventurer

Lyre "You'd think that people would have had enough of silly love songs ..."

"I Wanna Be a Billionaire,
So Fething Bad ..."

- Travis McCoy ft. Bruno Mars

Sterling Player (Tier 2): Players at the sterling tier make a below-average wage. This allows them to afford low quality meals and living arrangements. The quality of the items that they can purchase, such as swords or pottery, are of lesser make and material. They can easily afford to stay at cheap inns during travel where fleas and straw piles aren't uncommon bed companions and sour wine and two-day old stew are the best things served. They could possibly afford a one-room fixer-upper home in a rundown section of town, but this is highly dependent on the city.

Last edited by Oliver la Penne; August 16, 2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old May 24, 2011, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Adventurer

Hand Mirror "Let's go all the way this darkening, no regrets ... I'll pay in gold coins."

"Teenage Dream"

- Katie Perry

Associations / Titles / Occupation

Current by Season
  • Unwanted Association with friends and family
  • Permanent Borrower of Possessions
  • Public Bathhouse Entertainer

Last edited by Oliver la Penne; May 24, 2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old May 25, 2011, 01:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Adventurer

"Silly Love Songs"

- Paul McCartney

Secret List of Rambunctiousness

The only thing OP in this game is me~

Last edited by Oliver la Penne; June 2, 2016 at 06:47 PM.