Old February 27, 2009, 06:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Famous

Austin Eventide is a famous HeroAustin Eventide is a famous Hero
A Beautiful Summer Day; Perfect Time For A Visit (Oinos)

Early-Mid Month of Ioannes, Summer of Era XV Post Fractum

After finding directions to Oinos' cottage, Austin's coach made its way toward the Zerdargian Ranger Hall before taking a turn that would lead to Oinos' property roughly a kilometer away. The coach followed the half-cleared path while Austin gazed out from inside. He smiled at the scenery; the forest growth all around him bringing him a bit of relief from his frequent travels. He came in hopes of finding Oinos, whom he had met the previous season in Natura when the dwarf came wishing to speak about a vineyard. Austin was always open to discuss nearly anything although talking about wine was always a pleasure; one he could hardly ever pass up.

After a bit of time spent traveling down the rough path, the coach came to a clearing where there stood a farm. Austin could see a couple cottages set up with nearby structures that he imagined were bee hives considering what bit he knew of Oinos. It was obvious that work was either currently underway or was quite recently.

With him, Austin had brought a few introductory items to help Oinos along the way including a couple barrels of Eventide wine and several small bags of seeds. There was some light equipment, as much as was possible to fit onto of the coach as well. Austin had already sent word to his father, along with some payment for goods and equipment, to be sent to Oinos as soon as possible. It wouldn't be until sometime in the next month until it all arrived however as the order was large and would require a couple wagons to transport it.

Austin's coach came to a stop near the larger cottage and he stepped out, hoping to find Oinos present.
Austin Eventide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7, 2009, 12:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Intrepid

Wealth Tier: Steel
Oinos is a benevolent AdventurerOinos is a benevolent Adventurer

He heard the horses and the coach approaching as he was putting the finishing touches on the wine cellar. He climbed out to see what that was about. The first time he ever had such a visit. When he looked out the window, the Dwarf was quite impressed. Though he was not a judge of it horses, it was obvious that these were indeed elegant steeds. The coach was far more than he had ever seen before. This was indeed a person of note.

When the wagon stopped, a person soon got out. Oinos was pleasantly surprised to see that it was Austin Eventide, the widely renouned Vinter from Natura. Of course Oinos was well aware that his guest recently became the Governor of Centripax, quite an achievement. Oinos hurried out of the cottage to greet his guest, wiping most of the dirt from his clothing and his hands.

"Serale Governor, tis a pleasure to have you here. Let me give my congratulations on you being Governor. I am sure that the Province will prosper." He swept his arm a full circle and said, "This is what I have thus far. The larger cottage will be the Winery. The smaller cottage is my home and work space. The open space will be the vinyard. It is pretty well clear of growth and roots, ready for planting grape vines. You might have noticed the 11 bee hives. I expect to harvest honey from them at the end of summer. I'll be selling honey and fermenting some mead as well. Over past the hives are some young cherry trees. I'll be using them to flavor some of the Honey Wine. Not far from here is a good stand of berries, more flavoring for another batch." There was a rough hewn sign in front of the larger cottage.

DRUCILLA PLANTATION

A very wishful designation for a modest site. He then pointed to the smaller cottage and said, "Let's get out of the sun and have some ham and bread along with some Zerdargian Ale, the best ale in Aelyria. I'm still getting things together but there's plenty of room to sit and stretch a bit."

Ale is so much more than just a breakfast drink.

sof
CIR
Oinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2009, 05:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Famous

Austin Eventide is a famous HeroAustin Eventide is a famous Hero
Austin warmly greeted Oinos with an offered handshake and added, "Oinos, please, call me Austin. I never liked hearing the title of Thane and Governor is no better. It's all a formality and I am here as a friend." He listened as Oinos gave the verbal tour of the place. Austin indeed noted the bee hives and was more than a little impressed at the idea of honey mead. Although his personal taste was toward wines, he always enjoyed the taste of mead and even pondered the idea of getting involved with making it as well. He gave a smile and an enthusiastic nod to the offer of food and drink and followed Oinos.

"It is a fine start you have, my friend. I have brought with me a large amount of seed, barrels of wine and some light equipment to help you along the way. Shipments from Cloudkiss are already underway and I have the funds I promised to also assist your venture." Austin was happy to be free, at least for a time, from the formalities of his various offices and actually take part in a more "down-home" experience similar to that which he once took for granted back in his home of Daltina. The plantation Oinois had started was more than comforting to Austin and was something he identified with on a more personal level.
Austin Eventide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2009, 10:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Intrepid

Wealth Tier: Steel
Oinos is a benevolent AdventurerOinos is a benevolent Adventurer

Oinos shook hands enthusiastically and said, "Austin it is then". He led the way in the small cottage, washed his hands in a pan that was obviously for that purpose and dried them on a towel. He got the ham and bread, sliced an ample amount, then got a large bowl of fresh blackberries. He set these on the table along with two plates and eating utensils. Oinos then said, "Have a seat and help yourself. The ham and bread have been sitting around a bit but they're still tasty. The blackberries were just picked at the rising of the first sun this brightening and ripe as can be." He then sat down and helped himself after his guest did. The ham was well smoked so it still tasted good. The bread was no longer fresh but it was still fit for consumption. The berries were as good as Oinos described. There was also a pitcher of water and two mugs.

As they ate, Oinos listened to what Austin had to say. He nodded in response to Austin's comment about a fine start and got right to the point as should be expected of a Dwarf, "I'll get the wine bottled and put it up for sale as soon as I can. Tell me what kind of wine and how much should I charge for a liter. Whatever the wine sells for will go to you, its your wine. Now tell me about the sort of seed you brought. Then tell me what light equipment you brought. What sort of shipments are coming from Cloudkiss?"

Then he got to the part that would determine the extent of his venture to begin with, "I expect to start small right here on this land that I've been getting ready. When I can, I'll hire some help. Then when I can, I'll set up a Wine and Honey Shop right in Zerdargia. How soon that happens is depending on how much you ready to invest right now.

"Here's the way I look at it. Whatever I sell that belongs to you, the money goes to you. I'll handle as much of your stuff as I can sell. Whatever I sell that I make, goes into making the business bigger and a bit for me. I'm also obliged to keep Drucilla happy with a regular supply of honey. She's been a regular helper and deserves her pay.

"I hope most of that suits you. If you want to do it different, I'm listening."

None of this conversation stopped Oinos from eating his fill.

Ale is so much more than just a breakfast drink.

sof
CIR
Oinos is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: