Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Arium > Ariumite Highlands

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 22, 2009, 06:48 PM   #31 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch is a famous HeroCarnasch is a famous Hero
Carnasch nodded and said, "Im going to walk Gus for a while, the healing proccess can sometimes be painful, and is almost always tiring for the healed. I dont want to over work the muscles." Before they left, Carnasch went from body to body, including those that were still alive, and rummaged among the lot of them for anything he could find.

The men that were still alive he dispatched without exception, showing mercy only by making thier passing quick and clean. From the seven or so bodies that were sprawled around the area, three still lived, although not for long. Of all the bodies he pulled perhaps a total of five daggers, two of which were finely crafted, a pair of short swords, and two crossbows with roughly ten bolts each. There was also maybe 500 crowns between the seven of them.

Once he was done, the Vagaran offered Niven her share of the spoils, half the money and weapons, as well as anything else she wished to take from the bandits. Once she had her choices of the loot, Carnasch strapped on the rest with belts from the bandits pants or shoulder straps, and led Gus off with her following hopefully.

As they walked they took roughly the same path back to the city, and Carnasch explained this that he would lead them to where the city was so that he could see where he needed to go to point them in the right direction to get to Diana. They had small talk as they walked, unless Niven was offended by Carnasch's blatant robbery of corpses, but as they walked they came upon the Ratta. He had fallen in the night and hadnt been able to continue due to loss of blood.

As it was, the filthy thing was to weak to continue, and unless Niven interfered, Carnasch put an end to him as well, and raided his body after. The rat had nearly 100 gc alone, as well as a pair of very finely crafted daggers that curved like a saber and were encrusted with small bits of gold and a matching pair of rubies on each side of the hilts. After stowing them away, with whoever took them, Carnasch and Niven moved on and they eventually made it to the Vortex outskirts.

OOC Post once more if you like to give a reaction to looting corpses, and to choose what you would like to have from them if you have no objections. If you like we can decide it more evenly in chat or something.

"I am a man in body and a beast in mind. I cannot coexist with either court of man or animal."
Carnasch is sometimes accompanied by his horse Gus, which will be specifically stated at the beginning of each thread.
Old February 28, 2009, 01:17 AM   #32 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Wealth Tier: Steel
Niven is a famous HeroNiven is a famous HeroNiven is a famous Hero

Walking silently behind, carrying Juno, Niven watched as Carnasch gleaned the fallen gang members of their valuable possessions. Every so often she would offer up a suggestion of where to look for a money pouch or asked if he could remove the arrows out of those they had gone in deeply, but mostly she remained quiet. When he mercifully put those that remained alive, but barely, out of their misery, she closed her eyes and turned away. To Carnasch it might appear that she was searching for more bodies, but in reality, Niven had no interest in witnessing more carnage.

The amount of death Niven had seen in the last brightening was overwhelming. The adrenaline that had overpowered her frear and been a catalyst to her determination to survive had now left and she was just trying to keep together and make it through the rest of the day. Niven was a woman after all, and though she put up a tough exterior, things of this nature still got to her. But she was not about to succumb to her emotions while Carnasch was around. Later on she would take some time on her own to process and let go, but now was not that time. As they finished and split the findings and she had attached them to herself, Niven was appreciative of the small talk they made while they navigated their way out of the wood.

Upon reaching the edge, they pair came upon the Ratta, weak from loss of blood. Niven's temper flared inside her and she glared at the Ratta. A small, triumphant smiled, briefly showed on her face, as Carnasch finished him off. 'He can hurt no one else now,' she thought, taking comfort in this fact. She hugged Juno close to her as she looked at the body. Then she continued out of the wood, letting Carnasch take what he wished from the dead gang leader.

As the city came into view, Niven turned to Carnasch and Gus. She took her portion of that which was taken from the Ratta and gave Gus a once over. "How is he doing?" she asked her friend. "Should we leave now on foot and see how he feels along the way, or would you prefer to give him a day to recover? I don't think that we'll find much trouble in the city now. I am eager to leave, but not at the risk of causing extra pain to Gus."

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 9 + 3
Old February 28, 2009, 02:12 AM   #33 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch is a famous HeroCarnasch is a famous Hero
Carnasch noticed her unwillingness to watch his dispatching everyone, but he mistook it for squeamishness at the gore, and he knew from their talks that she was new to death.

Once they reached the city, Niven asked wether they should wait for Gus to heal fully, or if they should continue on.

Quote:
"How is he doing? Should we leave now on foot and see how he feels along the way, or would you prefer to give him a day to recover? I don't think that we'll find much trouble in the city now. I am eager to leave, but not at the risk of causing extra pain to Gus."

Carnasch thought about it for a moment, then said, "I think he could use a rest, but we need to press on, so it shall be a short one." He calmly sat on a large rock and began to meditate, leaving Niven to her own devices once again. He began to enter his Clara by focusing on everything, and began to absorb it as well.

The vagar's mind could sense everything about him and he was apart of it. He was apart of it, but still seperate, shielded by an invisible wall in his mind that prevented it from consuming him. He closed his eyes for an instant, a blink, at the end of his meditation, and he was in clara. His eyes opened to it, and it was as if he could see every hair on a leaf ten paces away.

Once this was done, he stood, calmly and approached Gus. He gently, gently, laid his hand along the still healing cut along the horses flank. From there he took Ara from the nature around him, and combined it with his Vis before opening the conduit between the two planes of existence. When he was finished, instants later, he once again directed the mana into a Healing spell.

The mana was shaped and formed to continue the healing of Gus' torn muscle and skin, and as they stitched themselves back together beneath Carnasch's hand, the muscle finished healing, and the skin scabbed over neatly, leaving only a smallish mark where before a large deep cut had been earlier.

When that was done, Carnsch turned to Niven and said, "I think Gus will be alright to continue. If you are alright with that I think we should." As the left though, Carnasch was decent enough to put an arm around Niven and say, "Its ok to feel wrong killing. Its when you start to enjoy it that you should be worried."

OOC Feel free to post one more time, but Im thinking this is the end of this thread. :) I will send a message to one of the GMs to hand out xp and stuff.

"I am a man in body and a beast in mind. I cannot coexist with either court of man or animal."
Carnasch is sometimes accompanied by his horse Gus, which will be specifically stated at the beginning of each thread.
Old March 1, 2009, 02:58 PM   #34 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Wealth Tier: Steel
Niven is a famous HeroNiven is a famous HeroNiven is a famous Hero

Nodding at Carnasch's statement, Niven watched as he went over a sat on a near by rock. She respected the powers the vagran had, and to leave him to himself, Niven put Juno down. The puppy was grateful to be out of the wood and sniffed around the new area, making sure he knew all the scents that could be found then. Niven laughed at him and grabbed a stick from the edge of the wood. "Juno!" She called out to the pup and seeing a new plaything in his master's hand, Juno bounded towards her and jumped at her feet for the stick. She gave it a weak toss and the dog ran for it as if she had thrown it yards away. Not quite understanding the game of fetch, Juno grabbed the stick and shook it in his mouth before dropping it back onto the ground and lying down behind it and chewing it. "No no, bring it back here, silly," Niven said to him, giving him a slight tug on his long leash. Juno got up and brought his new chew toy with him, more because he didn't want to leave it behind than because Niven had told him to. Niven praised the dog and, after wrestling it out of his mouth, threw the stick again. They played merrily until Carnasch spoke, saying Gus was ready.

Obediently, Niven scooped the puppy up in her arms and walked towards Gus. As Carnasch put his arm around her and spoke to her, she smiled up at him. "It wasn't so much that it felt wrong or right, it was just.... a lot. I've never killed anyone before and to kill so many in such a short period of time is a lot to stomach. But thank you," she said grateful for his comfort. She allowed him to help her onto the horse and didn't look back when they rode away from the city.

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 9 + 3
Old March 3, 2009, 12:00 PM   #35 (permalink)
Former Staff

Salamander is a benevolent Adventurer

1 Bow XP for Niven!

1 Druidism XP for Carnasch!