Old March 3, 2010, 12:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Former Staff

Ensnare is a benevolent AdventurerEnsnare is a benevolent Adventurer

Adventurous Spirits [Aislynn]

OOC: Continued from here...

As promised, Myra made an appointment for Aislynn to meet with the Thane when she had finished meeting with Tala the Aedile. Arios was a small village that usually kept to itself, so the position of Thane was not particularly an active position. Thus allowing Myra to schedule an appointment that very brightening for Aislynn to meet with Ae'lio Vyaniai. "Welcome back, Aislynn, I hope you meeting went well. If you are ready, I can take you to see his Grace to discuss the job opportunity." Myra paused for a moment to see if there were any objections or questions.

If not, she would step out from her around her desk, motioning for Aislynn to follow her. She led the Jaedaxian girl up a ladder and down a curving hallway, stopping before a door carved from a single piece of Ariosian wood. "Wait here a moment, please." She said with a smile and then knocked and entered the office, closing the door behind her. She was only gone a moment before she appeared through the door again, leaving it open. "His grace is ready to see you, you may go on in."

The office was simple with just numerous shelves full of books and parchments and a large, ornately carved desk with one seat behind and two seats in front of it. The office was full of plants of all kinds ranging from flowers to small trees. They grew in pots and were placed around the room, covering the desk and lining the contours of the office. Clearly plants were a passion of the elven thane.

Ae'lio sat behind the desk, his slightly wrinkled face turned towards the door. Amber red locks framed his face and his green eyes followed Aislynn as she moved across the room, faint hints of a smile playing on his lips. "Vedui' Miss Quinn, please have a seat," he motioned to the two chairs before him, she could have her pick. "How are you doing this brightening? Why don't we start this by you telling me a bit about yourself? Where are you from and what brings you to Arios?"
Ensnare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2010, 04:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Citizen

Aislynn Quinn is an upstanding Citizen
Aislynn was a daughter of the Jaedaxian court…and thus, she knew how to read people and situations. Meeting people was –not- a weakness of hers and as such, she knew that the interview would go well. In general, people simply wanted to know how you felt about yourself and get an impression in their mind about if they could trust you or not. The young woman knew her abilities and knew that the job would suit her well.

The trick was to go into the meeting with the correct mindset…and being prepared helped a lot too.

She smiled as the woman took her back to see the Thane, entering the office and offering the elf a warm smile, inclining her head gently. She had known enough elves in her life that she was familiar with their greetings and a few words of elvish should the need arise.

“ Vedui, your Grace. Saesa omentien lle. You have a beautiful selection of plants here. Are they all native to this region?”

The elven language sounded a bit different due to her Jaedaxienne accent but it was most assuredly spoken well and true for she had learned a bit of the language from a kindly elven servant within her parent’s employ. She met the Thane’s eyes casually, smiling and allowing him to set the tone of the meeting. Lowering herself into the chair, she listened to his comments and questions…noting that they were standard and she had in part expected them.

What she didn’t expect was that the truth in which she gave her answers.

“I am well, your Grace. Thank you for asking….as for a bit about myself, there is not much to tell. I am native to Jaedaxia and grew up within the Jaedaxian court. My parents are from a noble family and thus, my education was a priority from the time I was very young. As of a few months ago, that was the only city I knew…but I was prompted to leave there due to unreasonable demands from my family upon me…and I traveled to Imperia. It was not to my liking…but I met a young gentleman there and we both decided to start a life away from the wretched city. We agreed upon Arios…so here I am. He will be following behind me as he had matters in another city to deal with.”

“My time in the court in Jaedaxia taught me how to deal with people and situations…and most especially –new- people and situations. The countless hours I spent observing people honed those skills…as well as making me hyper-observant. I notice details others miss. I am also learned in at least the basics of unarmed combat and eventually desire to pursue further studies.”

Combing over what she had said, she decided that the information she gave was sufficient to answer the question…so she simple smiled and waited for the next.
Old March 13, 2010, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Former Staff

Ensnare is a benevolent AdventurerEnsnare is a benevolent Adventurer

Ae’lio was smiled softly at the mention of his plants. “No. Not all of them are native to this region. In fact, a great deal of them is not. I enjoy plants. I love the way they slowly burst from the soil. At the beginning most plants look the same. Small and a pale shade of green. And yet, they each burst into a flurry of growth and change and become their adult selves. Such like humanity, is it not?” It was a rhetorical question and he nodded slowly to himself, “Sometimes, I think people forget that too often. They look at the differences in the flowers and shapes of the leaves and forget that in the beginning they all started from a seed and a sprout.”

The Thane listened patiently as Aislynn introduced herself and explained her history. He had a peculiar way of listening to people; it was if he were holding on to each and every syllable that escaped her mouth with such a attention as to cause someone to blush while at the same time remaining distant and unjudging of all that was said. He betrayed to emotion. He nodded when it fitted the story, indicating that he was following her clearly.

“Well Miss Quinn,” He began slowly, shifting slightly in his seat, “You definitely have the determination I am looking for. It is not your average human girl that has done what you have, your heart is in the right place and your head seems level. Not to mention you have courage.” He winked at her, or perhaps something had just irritated his eye? It was impossible to tell, both possibilities were as likely as the other. Ae’lio was a curious man.

“Now this job is not your normal position. It will involve spending time out in the wilderness of the Ariosian forest among the people that dwell there. You would be no missionary nor emissary. You would not be there to change them. Only to learn and to report back to me. What you encounter will most certainly be different and in some cases probably barbaric. Possibly even horrific. And at other times, I am sure it will be wondrous.” He motioned to his plants. “Just remember the seeds.” Once again he winked or twitched his eyes.

“You would act as my advisor on all matters that concerned the peoples of the forest and you would be the go to person for all matters of Ariosian barbari. How does that interest you?”
Ensnare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2010, 01:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Citizen

Aislynn Quinn is an upstanding Citizen
The analogy about the plants was very insightful and gave her something to work with in regards to the Thane’s inner thoughts and thinking patterns. She had a soft spot for elves in general due to having been essentially raised by a few elves in her parents employ. Aislynn had learned a bit of the language as well as customs and traditions. She was comfortable around them where as some others were not.

The elf in front of her was of particular interest….and because she had a vested interest in the outcome of the meeting, she made sure to note everything about him that would help her demonstrate her abilities, instead of just telling him about them. Aislynn’s attention to detail and mannerisms had helped her through many meetings, but perhaps none as important as the one she was currently in.

His question had been rhetorical, yes….but she felt the need to reply regardless and show that she understood the point he was attempting to make.

“ And each of those plants needs gentle care to grow into the potential of what they can each be….for without that care, they will simply wither and die.”

She listened to his description of the job curiously, wondering how many different peoples could possibly live in the forests of Arios. Beyond that, her thoughts centered around the fact that she didn’t feel destined for a normal shop job or anything mundane…and this was anything but.

Before she knew it, he had ceased talking and asked for her opinion on his thoughts. Taking a moment to compose her own ramblings, she smiled to him and nodded her head gently.

“ That is quite a job you propose, Heru. The interest is there, and I am a quick learner. I believe that I could be quite happy with a position such as the one you describe. I am not the type that simply –does- a job. I tend to throw myself into whatever it is I’m interested in. My teachers were always fascinated with how deep I tended to wander into subjects….and culture has always been something of a love of mine.”

While it was true she had been a vivacious student, Aislynn’s interest in learning hadn’t ceased when her schooling had been complete. She was still an avid student of life…finding interest in the simplest of things. The position was not simply something she could be good at….

It was something she could excel at….