Old January 17, 2010, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Former Staff

Ensnare is a benevolent AdventurerEnsnare is a benevolent Adventurer

Scream With Me [Tiarela]

TS: To be determined by Tiarela Iceglitter

Winter was the monsoon season in Arios, one of two, which meant that the sleepless, rainy isle village got even more precipitation. This brightening was no different, and heavy rainfall was coming down in sheets. In general, Ariosians did not mind rain; it was typically warm enough to not bother them and they never got ill from it. They never get ill because of anything, on the island. So they often just walked out into the rain, the water pouring down their skin in rivulets, soaking their clothing. The brightening was slowing turning into darkening; the sky was stained in a gradient from purple to flaming orange, with the darkness quickly vanquishing the falling suns' light.

This darkening was not like others, normally a darkening meant nothing to an Ariosian. They were not tired and they were done with work. It was the time they used to have fun, gathering around fires while the patriarchs and matriarchs of the families told fantastical tales ranging from mythological beasts that inhabit the Ariosian Forest to the founding of the city, long before it would ever be called Arios. Not this darkening however. This darkening all the Ariosians were making it back to their homes and crawling unnaturally into their rarely used beds. They talked and laughed until suddenly they were asleep, the Priest moving past their house to perform the same work on the next house.

Those that did not own homes, a rare, select few, were encouraged to make their way to the Temple of Kaimelea, where they would be given a space to sleep and the priests and priestesses would help assist them into a deep sleep. All were welcome to receive this service, be they Ariosian or otherwise, and it cost nothing. It was a small price to pay to reduce the amount of insane people running around the island.

OOCTia, when making the TS, do not select a brightening specifically, just pick a cycle!
Ensnare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2010, 10:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Delightfully Deranged

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Tiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious Superhero

Timestamp:
Cycle Three of the month of Immanis
Winter of Era XVI PF
Reign of Prince Milo L’Evienne
Chronosynch: Winter's Soft Tidings (Miracles)

It was the darkening that they were meant to go to sleep. Tiarela Iceglitter, however, was not one to willing accept that sleep. Not because she was afraid anymore, no, Tiarela did not fear the embrace of the nightmares that plagued her…It was more because of who was putting them to sleep. There was a bad taste in the Faerie’s mouth for the Kaimelean priests, the goddess herself, and her temple. There was so much deceit in pleasant dreams – those who were blessed by her gifts could never see the world as it truly was. They always saw it through rose tinted lenses. Butterflies and rabbit holes. Not Tiarela, though. Never again.

A hand touched the scarred line on her stomach as she buzzed about, feeling light as air and about as temperamental. A whirl of her dress was the only flicker of color that spurred throughout the wilderness as darkening came upon them and that particular one, Tiarela decided she’d best journey towards the inner workings of the city again. It would not bode well out there in the forest. She was becoming paranoid. Everything was watching her. The forest was watching her. The insects were plotting against her. The rain itself sought to drown her entirely.

Teeth clenched together as the Faerie passed out into the rain of the monsoon season, not entirely thrilled that it was indeed a time of overly abundant wetness on the island. Had she not felt drawn back to that place, it would not have been her first choice for vacations or areas of the world to remain in for long periods of time. But her heart told her there was something greater drawing at her here. Or perhaps it was just the mild insanity and paranoia that was setting into the base of her spine.

Regardless, Tiarela spurred herself off towards civilization, emerging from the forest where she had been lingering and watched as Priests and Priestesses passed in front of houses to put Ariosians to sleep in their foreign, probably fairly stiff-sheeted beds. Perhaps manipulation would be the key to figuring out what exactly she was here for. It couldn’t hurt.

Heading off towards the Temple of Kaimelea, Tiarela paid close attention to the Priests and Priestesses passing around her, wanting to catch one of their eyes. Steel blue wings shimmered in the rain, spraying droplets in all directions as she tugged at the drape of the sky that clung damply to her skin. At least it was keeping it out of her eyes. The temple would likely be her best bet if she couldn’t grab the attention of the busy Kaimeleans as they blessed the houses, and so Tiarela eventually crossed the door, shuddering at the very thought and apologizing to her brain and Risthal and even the dead King, wherever he was now. It was all a part of the bigger plan. At least that’s what she kept hoping.

Shaking in much the same way a puppy might shake to remove the water from his fur after being outside in the monsoon weather, Tiarela looked around the Temple to see if she could grab one of the Priests or Priestesses. Approaching whichever one appeared to be the least busy at that moment, the Faerie cleared her throat and tried to hide the fact that she’d been evading sleep, despite guessing they’d figure it out soon enough.

”Excuse me, excuse me… I… I need to talk to someone. I don’t…” Her eyes closed for a bit longer than the standard blink. ”I don’t need to sleep. Not yet. I need to talk. I want to understand your ways. My mind is so troubled lately, I am worried that I will not sleep well if I sleep like this. I would rather learn to control it, as you do. Would you help me?”

And in all honesty, it was mostly true. She did want to learn. Her actual intentions for why she wanted to learn might have been completely different from what the little Faerie was presenting, but the Kaimelean priests and priestesses didn’t need to know that. In fact, all they needed to know is that she found herself troubled and afraid of nightmares. Maybe she would put a spin on the nightmare with King Lloreannon in it, to see what they made of it after they gave her what she needed… a way to figure them out and eventually dismantle everything. That was the real thought nagging at the back of her brain, festering like some sort of infected wound. She hated them.

And yet nothing on her face would show it.

Nactau Iallea'ryn, the Baroness of Box-Stack
- I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed; I get along with the voices inside of my head...
"It was written that I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice."

- CIR - SoF - Risthal - The Twisted -
Tiarela Iceglitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2010, 03:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Former Staff

While the blue-winged fairie girl may be tall for her kind, she was still quite small in respect to others. The thick, slightly chilly sheets of rain that fell from the sky concealed her behind a wall of water. The eyes of the priests and priestesses that she tried to catch paid her to heed as they walked from one house to another. It was an impossible task made all the more difficult because of the weather. It was wise of Tiarela to, in the end, to make her way to the Temple of Kaimelea, however reluctantly she did it.

The temple was inviting, to those that were receptive to the invitations of Kaimelea and her order that is; warmer and dryer than the cool, rain-choked air outside. The atrium had a handful assortment of beds of varying sizes, all carved ornately out of wood, strewn around, ready to embrace those that wished to sleep in a sweet dream fill darkening. Only one man, a human by the looks of it, slept soundly in a bed on the opposite side of the temple. The other beds were left unoccupied.

The only other occupant in the temple, that Tiarela could see, was another female faerie with gorgeous pink wings; this faerie was just about two inches smaller than Tiarela and she spun around in the air with the smallest flutter of her wings to face the new arrival. Her face melted into a warm smile, so much like a rainbow piercing through the stormiest of brightenings. She fluttered closer so the two were just inches apart and floating at the same level.

"Serale, child." The pink faerie cocked her head as she listened, a look of concern growing on her face, "You do not need sleep? We all need sleep, child, for nothing can remove that need from the body. Not completely, not even Arios." She blinked her eyes and motioned to a bed behind them, "Let us sit down to speak." The pink faerie priestess fluttered to the nearest bed and sat on the lip, patting the spot next to her with her tiny hand for Tiarela to join.

"Now tell me, child, what do you mean 'control it'? Nothing is worse than not sleeping, I am afraid, not even an unrestful darkening of sleep. But why are you afraid? Do you wish to discuss a dream with me?" Her voice was all sweetness and full of concern, "Child, what is your name? I am Priestess Mayrielle Rosea."
Old January 26, 2010, 02:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Delightfully Deranged

Tiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious Superhero

Tiarela was surprised to meet another Faerie; she was fairly sure her race was rare anywhere there were a lot of big people. A small, sad smile crossed her face. This one was entirely too happy. She was just like the rest of Kel’rondar. She did not know the true way of the world, not yet. Looking around, Tiarela was also equally surprised to only find a few people in the temple: one human man slept on a bed, and then there were the beds themselves. More had been expected.

The pink Faerie got entirely too close to her and Tiarela looked away. She didn’t want her to see the effects not sleeping had taken on the fellow Faerie, though something told her that the Kaimelean priestess would know. Moving with her to the bed, Tiarela set herself down and listened as the Faerie spoke. Should she tell her of the nightmares?

”Does Kaimelea not grant you the ability to control your own dreams? I am not familiar with how she interacts with her devoted followers.” Tiarela asked softly, still averting her eyes. ”I am Tiarela Iceglitter.” The Faerie replied, internally fighting within herself to perhaps recount the dream she had experienced at the hand of Ethgan’tor’s forest. The scar on her stomach still stung with a phantom pain, and her hands moved to her lower belly, just below her belly button.

”I suppose I can tell you of the one that has been bothering me for awhile. Are you… Has your goddess granted you the knowledge to interpret dreams?” Tiarela asked, but regardless of the answer, continued… ”... Awhile back, in the city of Lights – Ethgan’tor, if you have heard of it – I was sleeping in the cradle of a tree. In my dream, I saw Kel’rondar and…” She paused, wondering how to explain of Nortia and her child. ”An old friend of mine. The current queen cut the child from her stomach and had it killed, then banished my old friend to wander forever. She had slept with the King and the child was his.”

Tiarela sighed. ”As my friend was banished, Xenarius began to reign the stars themselves down upon the land. They fell and burned our world to pieces, sprouting nature all around it that consumed everything we loved. I eventually fell into the sky, into a barren world with talking statues. They were so high, and it was hard for me to climb them. I am unsure why I climbed and didn’t fly. But they spoke to me. Eventually, I came to see the King who my old friend’s child was of. He was a very sad man.”

Now she was getting to the scary part, and Tiarela was unsure how the priestess would take it… ”He spoke to me at length, but I do not remember exactly what he said,” Tiarela lied, ”We were then above a valley in the middle of a vast range of mountains. He asked me to tell him my story, and as I did the scene around me morphed. I explained what I had seen of his illegitimate child and the woman who bore it. I expressed my remorse for what had happened to her, and I was upset with the Queen for what she had done to her. The King listened to me, thanked me… And told me some of his own stories.” A grim smile crossed Tiarela’s face.

”But the part that has been troubling me… He told me I had to know her pain. A nameless hand and its accompanying dagger came out of the blankness around us and cut a child out of my stomach. I have never been pregnant with child in my life, but I felt connected to this one. The hands took it away from me, and my stomach wept with my own blood. It was all I could do to hold myself and it together. It eventually healed quickly but was still incredibly discolored. It had cut straight through my abdomen to remove that child that grew within me in a matter of minutes.”

Tiarela did her best to hold back the tears that were invariably coming.

”Some other things happened, and I am not sure I remember them,” The faerie glossed over, neglecting to mention that she had become a skeletal bird and came to know true hate and vehemence. Or had tried, much to Lloreannon’s delight. ”But.. When I awoke, well.” Tiarela lifted up her skirt to lower abdomen height and pointed to the scar.

”I had hurt myself.” Dropping the hem of her dress again, Tiarela shook her head. ”Perhaps I had fallen out of a tree and hurt myself, and my dream was explaining the pain to me because of the location and what I knew of my friend?” She tugged at the cloak around her neck, looking at it thoughtfully. ”This was hers. Nortia’s. My friend. Do you think that because she was on my mind and I must have fallen out of the tree and cut my stomach that my mind simply put them together to explain if I was just deep in sleep? I do not want to harm myself while I sleep, you see. Perhaps I just need to sleep in safer conditions.”

True. Sort of. Tiarela wasn’t terribly concerned with moving around while sleeping. But if the Priestess believed it, maybe she could give her some hints on if it actually meant anything, or if there was a way to actively interact with one’s dreams. Control them instead of letting them control you. That sort of thing. A little lying never hurt anyone right? Not even a slightly screws-loose-Faerie who was having continual nightmares and didn’t like the Planetar she was in the house of at the current moment. A Faerie who was explaining one of her most terrifying nightmares to a Priestess of that Planetar. Irony was abounding everywhere.

- I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed; I get along with the voices inside of my head...

Old January 30, 2010, 12:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Former Staff

Mayrielle listened in silence with the patience and compassion of a mother or grandmother. Her eyes, pink like her wings, glistened with true emotion not from Tiarela's words but from the apparent pain that the blue-winged faerie was feeling. Priestess Rosea was an empathetic person and she seemed to feel the pain of others just as acutely as they felt it themselves. She was also not inhibited enough to refrain from acting like a mother to all that came her way. She scooted closer to the younger faerie and patted her back just above where the wings were attached. "Not all dreams mean anything, but many do. And not all have the power to manipulate their dreams, but others do. There is a difference as well. There are those that seem to naturally be able to manipulate their dreams and those that cannot. But if either of the twins, pray it not be the evil one, chose to interact with your dream directly, there is nothing you can do." She rubbed Tiarela's back some more.

"Can I say for certain if your dream was just a figment of your imagination or the cause of someone, be it planetar or otherwise, manipulating your dream? No. I was not within it or near you at the time. But I can help you to understand it." She cooed in her motherly tone, "I shall not, however, promise that everything I say is right. That is impossible. And to be more accurate, I would like to convene with the other Priests and Priestesses in the Temple to discuss it over, if you do not mind?" She cocked her head and stared deeply into Tiarela's eyes, searching for something, anything. If Tiarela had randomly decided to enter clara, she would have seen the Priestess deftly and quickly work a simple Reveal spell, though what was revealed was unknown to the frightened Faerie.

Mayrielle's eyes opened wide at the scar and she moved her fingers as if to touch it, and then stopped, staring at it. "This is most intriguing. It is certainly possible that you fell and that was your dream interpreting your fall. But..." Her voice trailed off and she leaned forward to inspect it further, "I would rather meet with the other priests to discuss it before I say more about it. All I say at the moment is pure and simple conjecture. But tell me child, I am curious, what do you think it means? What is your guess. No one can experience it more powerfully than you have yourself and so what you feel about it matters most. How did it make you feel?"

The Head Priestess of Kaimelea on the island of Arios was no fool or novice when it came to nightmares, not at all. Both Kaimelea and Risthal were capable of creating them, though for different purposes, and one's own mind could create them as well. Tiarela's was most certainly a nightmare, and it was her guess, that it had been a very powerful one. Perhaps an Azaru, even, had entered her dream. She also knew that those types of nightmares inspired so much as to fear sleeping and only on Arios could one run away from sleep. Many had and had suffered the consequences.

Mayrielle peered into the eyes of Tiarela, noting the dark circles that encompassed her eyes. She looked worn and it broke the maternal Mayrielle's heart. "Child, you must tell me how long it has been since you slept? It is not safe, despite living in an island that causes sleeplessness, to go too long without rest. The mind cannot take it and it will start to see horrors in reality that only used to exist in your nightmares." She wrapped her arm around the faerie's shoulders, "You must rest, you are in a safe place. The safest. You must trust me. If you sleep, we will do all we can to help you with your nightmare and understanding it. I promise." She stared imploringly at Tiarela.

There was a hint of fear in Mayrielle's words, slight but detectable if one listened carefully. She either knew more than she revealed or feared the worst. Either way, Tiarela and her sanity were now the Priestess' primary focus.
Old February 4, 2010, 11:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Delightfully Deranged

Tiarela listened faintly, but her mind was already finding it hard to focus. Perhaps she didn’t actually care what the priestess had to say, perhaps she didn’t care if “it was the evil one”. Risthal was not evil. How could Mayrielle even say that? So blind. The entity of this world was so very blind. It was only in losing her sight in that nightmare that Tiarela had slowly come to understand.

The massage, however, felt wonderful. Tiarela relaxed and allowed the words of the Kaimelean priestess to wash over her as she explained that she could at least help her understand. Tiarela’s defenses were dropping as her tired, irrational mind listened to the explanation that not even Kaimelea’s priests were infallible. At least Mayrielle was intelligent enough to realize that. The pale Faerie’s eyes were glossed over as the words simply passed through her, momentarily not realizing that Mayrielle was looking at her, searching her soul.

And then she smelled the all too familiar smell of lilacs, the same smell Tiarela had come to associate with her native arcane sphere, and her vision darted quickly back to the Priestess, eyes narrowing.

”You meddle where you do not belong, Priestess.” Tiarela spat at her suddenly, fists clenching. There was a fire growling in her eyes and a snarl forming on her face. Tiarela Iceglitter was normally a very peaceful Faerie. Half of the deranged Faerie’s mind wanted to rip her apart right then and there, but she had no way of telling how powerful the Priestess was, or who else would come running. So… She resigned to brush it off as a blip of irrationality brought on by the lack of sleep.

And perhaps, since it was so uncharacteristic of whom she had been for the past four hundred ordinations of her life, it was not going to be a complete lie.

”I… I’m sorry.” Tiarela lied, ”I must be irritable because I have not slept in so long. Please. I did not mean that – I know you have good intentions. It merely caught me off guard.”

Allowing herself to relax again, for there was no other choice, Tiarela continued on to answer the pink Faerie’s next questions.

”I… I do not know what I think it means. I think it was an experience of true loss. I have lost much in my many ordinations, Mayrielle. I was taken from my family some three hundred ordinations ago. I have lost friends to madness, to the wind itself, and I have had a problem staying in one place for very long. I have always felt forever separated from our true home, you see. However, all of these pales beside the pain Nortia introduced me to through her tale of how her only child was taken away from her and brutally killed before she ever got to touch or hold him.” Tiarela looked away, avoiding eye contact.

”I understand now, though. And I concede that I will never forget.” A hand traced the scar absently as she spoke her last sentence.

Silence met the last question that was asked of her, for Tiarela was finding it hard pressed to answer, and yet she had to. Perhaps sleeping would be best. How ironic it would be that she would sleep in the temple of the twin she disliked. Kaimelea’s lies would be with her that darkening then, perhaps. Maybe she could at least seriously disturb one of her priestesses, if they tried to help her, or watched what happened in her head. Somehow the Faerie doubted that any location would actually prevent nightmares.

Truth be told, she didn’t actually want them to. Her mind was becoming seriously deranged.

”A few cycles.” Tiarela finally admitted softly, keeping her gaze averted from Mayrielle Rosea. A long few moments would pass before the slightly taller Faerie looked back at the pink winged one.

”I will rest, then. It is making me irritable to go without, and my mind is attacking itself as well as lashing out. Paranoia is setting in. I suppose it is for the best.” Tiarela concluded, and took to laying down on her side on the bedroll they were currently on. She curled her knees up to her chest and hugged them with her arms locked around them tightly, a simple replacement for the comfort of holding on to something or someone. Maybe one brightening she would reinvent Poppet, the sentient ragdoll partner she had been given for Apprenticeship in Mysticism. Poppet would be a great comfort to hold on to right there.

And so the Faerie gave Mayrielle a vague smile and said, ”Telle’utae, Priestess.” Before closing her surprisingly heavy eyelids and trying, for once, to let herself sleep.

Old February 12, 2010, 02:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Former Staff

The sudden and aggressive outburst elicited only the smallest of blinks from the Priestess; she was far to used to dealing with kinds like Tiarela, those that had unwisely elected to extend their unnatural consciousness far too long. The symptoms were always similar: paranoia, anxiety, anger. All of these were normal and expected and Mayrielle had dealt with them time and time again. Tiarela was not the first to try and evade sleep on the island, nor would she ever be the last, a sad fact. But no, the Priestess was patience incarnate and did not react or reprimand the pale faerie for such an outburst. It was only to be expected.

The Priestess, though, had gone silent. She had seen the dream as Tiarela had recalled it and it gave her room to pause. It had been an intense nightmare, not that she was particularly disturbed by it. In her profession, Mayrielle had given council to hundreds that had seen nightmares just as bad or worse as Tiarela's. And nightmares could be sent by either of the twins and crafted by one's own mind, though there was a lingering suspicion of where this particular nightmare had come from. But she was mute on the subject.

Pink eyes opened wide as she listened to the girl's tale of loss, "We have all known loss, I am afraid, but you suffer greatly. It is one of the curse's of our long lives that we are forced to live long past the sufferings we have lived through, though the memories never seem to fade." Mayrielle sighed, there was clearly a pain that she had lived through that was fresh on her memory every brightening and she was much older than Tiarela was. Mayrielle understood pain and she understood loss much more than Tiarela could realize. In fact, Tiarela's nightmare had struck very close to home.

Now it was time for the sweet kiss of sleep to close for a darkening's time the eyes of Tiarela. The spell was simple and was woven and shaped not long after Tiarela had laid down to rest. There was no point trying to sleep for it would take no effort on the blue-winged faerie once the spell was released on her. No point in resisting either. The spell was released quickly and with the grace of one well practiced with it. Instantly, much needed sleep embraced the mind of the winged girl. Finally.

Tiarela was sitting at a faerie-sized table in a faerie-sized chair in a perfectly faerie-sized room crafted seamlessly of grey stone. Stone walls, stone table, and four stone chairs. Her ankles were clasped in irons and chained to her seat. If she tried to budge, she would discover that her chair was formed seamlessly from the floor and was impossible to move. She was imprisoned.

From a door that miracilously appeared in the stone, another faerie entered. A woman and one that was very familiar to Tiarela. The last time, though, that Tiarela had seen this mother had been hundreds of eras ago; she had been screeching at Tiarela with her hands on her hips, berating the blue-winged faerie for the aerial stunts she was pulling. Now, though she remain unchanged, she bore a blank expression. It was Tiarela's mother.

In her hands was a lidded silver platter that she carried solemnly and mournfully to the table, where she set it down carefully. It lay exactly in the center, equally distant from all four chairs. Her mother sat down opposite from Tiarela, and smiled, "Serale, child. It has been awhile."
Old February 13, 2010, 06:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Delightfully Deranged

Songstamp: Disturbia – Rhianna

Sleep came easy, for the first time in a long, long time. Tiarela felt relieved almost immediately as her mind was allowed the reprieve it required… but it sadly did not last long.

Tiarela’s eyes opened roughly, head jerking up as if she had just started to doze off and was fighting it... to find herself in an entirely blank room made of stone without a door or a window. She was at a small table with four small chairs which melded with the floor. Tiarela figured that out as soon as she tried to stand up and found out that not only would the chair not move back if she scooted along it, she was shackled to the chair and consequently the ground. Her heart picked up speed and the little Faerie threw her eyes to the left and to the right, wondering what was going on. Another tug on her arm and a kick of her foot – both of which proved fruitless and rather painful in retrospect – was all she could give before a door appeared in the stone and a woman that looked very, very familiar walked through.

Tiarela squinted at her in surprise as if she were hallucinating. Flashbacks of the last time she had seen her mother shot through her mind. One last loop through the air and she had disappeared. Completely. Shaking her head, the blue-winged Faerie looked at her quizzically. Why was she even here? Her eyes began to water with emotion and it was all she could do but look away to avoid crying. Sucking in a large amount of air, Tiarela eventually lifted her head as her mother laid the silver platter that had a lid on it directly in the center of the table. By the time Tiarela had blinked away the bleariness of her eyes, her mother was seated across from her. Smiling.

”Allo’ade, Mother.” She replied warily, confused as to why her mother would be smiling if she were shackled to a chair. Or why shackling her was even necessary. ”I have not been gone so long that I have forgotten our language,” Tiarela reminded her, finding it curious that her mother would have opted for the language of the big people over Fae’llene, as they would have said – or Fae’len, as the big people said.

”I am so happy to see you again, Mother.” Tiarela continued, biting back tears, ”But why do you shackle your own daughter like a common criminal? Come, release me so that I might hug you again.”

Eyeing the platter but electing not to ask about it – not yet – Tiarela gave her mother an unsteady gaze, glancing around her as if something were about to come out and haul her away. What was the meaning of this? She couldn’t be upset with her… She was just incredibly frustrated and emotional that she could see her mother and yet there was absolutely nothing she could do to touch her. Her hands rolled over in the shackles again and the Faerie looked down at them dejectedly before returning a slightly hopeful gaze to her mother. Did her mother think she would leave if she were free to move about?

Old February 28, 2010, 10:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Former Staff

OOCMy apologies for the delays

Her mother said nothing further as to her inquiries about why Tiarela was bound in shackles in a stone chair. "You have forgot much about your home culture. It is forever gone to you, you best abandon your pursuits to come back to it, for it is no longer your home and it does not welcome you back. So you had best stop using our words." Her words started out polite enough but the tone quickly transitioned to a hiss of anger. "You are a pariah and not a true faerie anymore, Tiarela." There was no pity in her voice, it was cold and direct.

Her mother smiled again, though the warmth did not reach her eyes. She stared at Tiarela for a long time, studying her with her head cocked at an angle. For a long time she did not speak, and if Tiarela begged and screamed and cried for her to do so, she would be met with stony silence. The silence of observation. Her mother gave her such a scrutiny to make an orc feel self-conscious.

Another smile that now burst with an array of warmth and motherly love, a glow that only one looking upon their child can assume. She nudged the silver platter, pushing it closer to Tiarela. Upon closer inspection, the metal was engraved with a series of image, all that featured a faerie that was clearly Tiarela along with an unknown male faerie. The images progressed from the two just encountering, to talking, and ending in force, rape, and torture. The image depicted in graphic detail Tiarela's rape and pain, her face twisted in terror and hurt. With motherly love, the older faerie said, "Do you remember this, Tiarela?"

And she did! With painful, vivid details she could remember that darkening. The faerie, slightly taller than she with wings of obsidian black and hair the color of a dried scab and eyes to match. He had smelled of death and he had done horrible things to her; she remembered that he had been a necromancer and that he had tortured her with horrible combinations of blades, ropes, and spells. She had wanted to die. And to culminate it in the most awful way, he took her innocence away from her, another graphic tale that she remembered horribly.

And the worst part of all this was the final punishment: when Tiarela had yearned for death he had let her live.

Her mother spoke again, prodding her daughter from the depths of her painful reveries, "You remember, I can see that." She smiled, "That is good. You should never forget what happened. Tell me what you remember, for it is because of that that we are here." She nodded to the platter, indicating that something related to Tiarela's trauma was right here before them and the item of discussion. Did she know what it was? Could she remember?

Tilting her head back, her mother cackled maniacally. Then stopped suddenly and stared at her daughter, tears in her eyes. "I have missed you." Then the image twisted again to laughter, "Not."
Old March 1, 2010, 12:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Delightfully Deranged

Tiarela gritted her teeth as her mother said that she had forgotten them and that the culture of the Fae would be gone forever to her. Tears welled up in her eyes as her own mother disowned her for their entire race and told her she was no longer a Faerie.

”What would you call me then, Mother, if not Faerie?” Her bottom lip quivered but she tried to quell it, refusing to let her mother see that she was successfully upsetting Tiarela.

As the silver platter was pushed towards her, Tiarela could do nothing but look upon it and quickly horror struck through her features. It was not something she could hide, not at all. The images depicted a part of her life that Tiarela had attempted to suppress, a time she had wanted to erase from the annals of time. A time that no one but her immediate family should have ever known about, and only because she had to tell someone before it killed her inside. If her mother were to torment her with it later in life, Tiarela would have never said a word…

The scenes were coming back at lightning speed and Tiarela jerked against her restraints as if somehow removing them would have released her from the terror of her own memories. She was visibly crying now, but the tears were of hot anger. It was hard to look upon the intricate carvings of her own defilement and her own loss of innocence. The Faerie shuddered and could not even look upon her mother even as she spoke, trying to pull her out of the memories.

It rocketed back to her as her mother asked. The older Faerie and his dark arts had taken the very light out of her soul. Her mind, thankfully, spared her his name – though Tiarela expected her mother to remind her shortly given the way things were going – but did not spare her the life-like, vivid details of the unspeakable things he had done to her. The light had left her. She was not innocent. She was not anything anymore. A shell without a filling and nothing would find her good enough to give her meaning anymore.

Perhaps that was why she wandered. Nothing would give her what she wanted anymore, and so all Tiarela could do was put the memory and things that reminded her of it as far as the east was from the west.

”You are a vile woman, Mother.” Managed the Faerie who had visibly paled, her face losing what little color it had possessed and the icy overtones of her eyes and wings threatening to give her skin a wholly frozen color.

”You would torture your own flesh and blood with the memory of what you allowed to happen to her, because you failed your duties as a mother? Where were you when your only daughter was being tortured and defiled in those ways? Why would you make carvings of it so that you could remember? You must enjoy self mutilation as well, mother, because you seem to have prided yourself in making artistic representations of the memories I shared with you in the depravity of my pain.”

Tiarela jerked against the restraints again. Perhaps there was a real reason for their usage then, considering the Faerie was quickly becoming filled with the only things that would find her hospitable now in that world: anger and hate.

Ignoring her mother’s laughter, Tiarela responded, ”But perhaps I will divulge you what I remember, since you have forgotten. I remember that you were too busy drowning my brother in adoration that you did not take the time to interest yourself in where or what your daughter was getting involved in. I was young and impressionable, and he was nice. He took an interest in me, and I mistakenly believed all Faeries were good - because you hadn’t warned me otherwise.”

What had she meant, that they were here for it. It didn't matter. She was so angry.

She spat at the dish.

”Isn’t it the job of the parent to protect and equip the child to face the harsh reality of the world? Kel’rondar was supposed to be paradise. How was I to know that there was evil even within our own circles?” Clenching a fist against the chain, Tiarela rolled her wrist around a bit and snarled at her mother like an animal. ”And now you would fail your duty again, by tormenting your child, by disowning her as if you were able to speak for the entity of our race. I remember the things he did to me. I remember the poison thoughts he whispered in my ears, the pleasure and the pain. I remember the ropes, the needles, the restraints, the starvation. He destroyed my mind from the inside out until I didn’t have the strength to resist and then he stole what innocence I had left.”

Hot tears ran down her face as she looked at her mother, eyes full of rage.

”And where were you? The entire time I kept begging Carmelya that she would lead you to me, to save me. You failed me. She failed me. No, Mother.” Tiarela kicked her feet against the restraints again despite how much it hurt.

”You do not get the pleasure of disowning me for our race.” Jerking her chin up to hold it high, the Faerie fluttered her wings idly and seethed, practically yelling at the elder Faerie, ”It is I that will renounce you.”

“Because even before I was lost to the world below, it was YOU that had forgotten ME!”

Last edited by Tiarela Iceglitter; March 1, 2010 at 12:33 AM.
Old March 9, 2010, 10:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Former Staff

Peals of laughter tinkered through the air, sharply in contrast to the pained, hurt, and angry words that Tiarela had screamed forth. It was laughter one might expect to hear at a tea party or some such social gathering, the kind older women are so fond of when really they are concealing what they thought. It was as grating in this situation, however, as nails on a chalkboard. She smiled at Tiarela, cocking her head to the side in a loving gesture.

"Let it out, Tiarela, let out all your pain and rage. Scream at me!" She cackled maliciously, throwing her head back again to do so. It was almost a maniacally insane laughter, twisting her face in the process: her mouth was opened too wide, as were her eyes. She looked more than crazy. She looked monstrous.

As suddenly as she started. She stopped. The sweet smile returned to her face and she looked at Tiarela again. "Do no say you renounce me. That is just silly. That is like saying you are running away after the door has already been locked behind you. You cannot renounce what has already abandoned you. I abandoned you, pathetic creature." In simpering, motherly tones, she cooed, "And you are not a Faerie, so I shall call you a fly. You are nothing but a fly."

"Forget the man you call your brother. He is not your brother. But since you brought it up, the reason I doted on him was because he was better than you." She looked angry again, "Don't you understand that? You were silly, touched in the head. Always doing flips. And then you disappeared in mid-flip and you made me happy. The one time in your meaningless little life. So I guess you have not always been a disappointment." Her face darkened in rage, "The man you call your brother is by far your superior in each and every aspect." She spit, the glob landing heavily on Tiarela's face, for which she could do nothing about it as it dripped down her cheek, rolling off her chin.

"You want to know the real reason I hate you? Why you absolutely disgust me?" She stood now, her voice rising to a scream; she thrust her finger vigorously at the platter's cover, pointing at the horrific images, "Because of that. That man. Do you know who he was? His name was Wystreo Bloodshimmer and he was your father. He was my lover and you stole him from me. He took an interest in you, his daughter." She spat again, this time on the platter. "He was my lover and you were our only product. I never told you so the man you thought your father would not get upset." She screamed, clawing her face, leaving deep, red gouges in the wake of her fingers.

She kept screaming, growing louder and louder, "I may be a vile woman, but you are worse. You are the product of vileness mixed with evil and then you were forced by that very evil again. You are worse than me. You are disgusting."

She collapsed onto the table, slumping forward as if suddenly exhausted. Her face was face down on the cold stone and her fingers furiously pulled at her hair, pulling out clumps and clumps of it. A few of the strands had bloody bits of scalp still attached. Finally, she stopped. She looked up at Tiarela, trails of blood oozing down her face, which was now calm again. A motherly smile upon her again. "I cannot forgive you, so you are nothing to me now. You deserved everything he gave you: the pain, the torture, the needles and rope, and the starvation."

Tiarela's mother leapt into the air, fluttering her wings to hold her in air above the table. She was enraged again. Her hair stood on end, blood dripped from her face, her eyes turned pitch black, and grey wrinkles creased her skin all over. She suddenly looked ancient and evil. She opened her mouth in a wide gape and screamed, "Renounce the gods. Do not turn to them for help. They hate you and despise you. You mean nothing to them. Diana will not come for she is too busy dancing in the sheets with Ioannes, who will also not come because you are beyond the help of law, order, and justice. If he saw you, he would smite you."

"Phedos doesn't care and Kaimelea has turned her back on you. And you call to Carmelya? That pathetic whore! What can she do when she was so easily caught by that tramp Diana? And then she is the Goddess of Fertility and look what she gave you!" She still hovered in the air, but she pointed furiously to the closed dish. Again, she laughed maniacally.

Tiarela's scar that traced her abdomen erupted in pain as if a flaming blade were slicing it open again.
Old March 31, 2010, 08:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Delightfully Deranged

Songstamp: Soft Skeletons – Anberlin

Tiarela withdrew as much as were possible for someone shackled to a chair and the floor when her mother’s monstrous appearance overtook her laughing, maniacal… insanity. All in an instant the laughter had stopped and she was smiling again.

The mention that her brother was better than she was made Tiarela’s blood boil, a heat that reached its breaking point as her mother spat on her and the foreign saliva ran down her chin. The faerie desperately wished to wipe it off but could do little more than glare at the elder Iceglitter with hot, horrible rage.

”You are a weak and pathetic woman if you would allow your lover to be stolen from you by childhood innocence, Mitella.” Tiarela growled back at her mother. It was rare that she would use her name. ”How ugly and uninteresting you must have been, then, for Wystreo to leave you for his own daughter, who had not even developed her womanly figure at that point in her life.” The faerie shook her head, a small smile starting to rise across her face. Yes. This was what she would have to do to gain the upper hand in this situation, as much as Tiarela didn’t believe it. She had to pretend she did.

”Apparently I am not so disgusting that the man you loved would find me attractive. You are despicable, Mitella. You never loved the man you lied to me and said was my father when I was young. You regretted your inability to hold on to your true lover.” If she was ever going to get out of here, she had to turn the situation on her mother.

”It is no wonder that Carmelya did not answer when I begged her to send you to me to save me from Wystreo. Now that I think about it, she had forsaken you many many eras prior to that event, hadn’t she? I mean… After all… Bloodshimmer was too disgusted with how old and wrinkly you had become, you selfish old hag.” And for a moment Tiarela thought she was winning.

”Phedos is a two timing man with a fleeting heart, just like his children the Elves. Kaimelea is a harlot and I would have nothing to do with her trickery and whimsical lullabies that hide the truth of the world from her followers. Carmelya cares not for the darkness inside… my…”

The scar erupted in immense, horrible pain. Tiarela’s words caught in her throat and she screamed, screamed as if her throat was about to rip out of her skin and her head was about to pop off. The pain shot through her body and she could do nothing but pull against her restraints without regard to if that would hurt. The only thing she wanted to do was stop the pain. Stop the flaming scar that was threatening to make her pass out from the sheer intensity of its inflictions upon her skin.

”Stop… it…” Tiarela gritted through her teeth, tears flowing freely, ”You… have… failed… and so you would turn to petty torture and tricks?” She managed through the screams, her head swimming with the intensity of it all. Hands and legs began to shake as she tossed about wildly trying to free herself, trying to find any way possible to get herself out of this predicament and make it end.

”WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!” Seethed the Faerie, an anger and hate flooding through her features unlike one she had ever known.

Tossing. Screaming. Tiarela could not think. Could not focus. Her mother was a disgusting horrible failure of a hag and she was tormenting her because Tiarela was capable of so much more than the old woman was. But the Faerie could not focus on that thought – all she could do was scream until her throat choked her off completely, the tears running down her cheeks picking up the remnants of the spit from her mother, and some of them finding their way down to her gaping, gasping, crying mouth.

So much pain. It was unbearable.

Old June 24, 2010, 10:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Former Staff

Heartbreaker is a glorious SuperheroHeartbreaker is a glorious SuperheroHeartbreaker is a glorious SuperheroHeartbreaker is a glorious SuperheroHeartbreaker is a glorious SuperheroHeartbreaker is a glorious Superhero

Mitella seemingly wouldn’t take the bait Tiarela was so enthusiastically providing. The emotions upon her face remained the same…no additional anger or shock as to what was being said. Perhaps she was immune to such things…but –then- wasn’t exactly the time to contemplate the reasons why. All Tiarela knew is that things were going from bad to worse…and she was running out of ideas.

The pain seared through her like fire…unrelenting and true. It was then and only then that the façade she had been conjuring broke like ice…screaming to know what she could do to end the torture. Of course, that had been the plan all along…but still, it was rather fun to slowly draw a being to the brink and see if they would do things that normally weren’t in their character.

Just to stop the pain.

Wrapping a finger around a stray strand of hair, the elder Iceglitter tugged gently upon it….just to remind her that she was still there…and still considering the request.

“ What do I want from you? You assume I want something other then to watch you writhe in unbearable pain? It’s possible, I suppose….that there is something….but I’m quite enjoying the scene playing out before me now. Why just seconds ago….you were spewing venom…and now you are wondering what you could possibly do to make it stop. Curious really….very curious…..let us just consider that for a moment.”

Another sharp lance of pain tore through Tiarela’s body as if on command….leaving her helpless and very much feeling like dying might be the preferred option, even if it was in the land of dreams….or nightmares as it seemed to be.

“ Let’s say there –is- something I want from you….something…..interesting….that will stop the pain…but no…you wouldn’t be interested. You’d never consider it…..perhaps it would be best just to kill you and be done with this ugly chapter in both our lives.”

Brandishing an ornate dagger, Mitella twirled it merrily in her fingers and let it settle within her grasp, raising it to strike the killing blow.
Heartbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27, 2010, 04:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Delightfully Deranged

It was infuriating that her mother wouldn’t – no – refused to react. Every single living thing had its breaking point and Mitella had successfully found Tiarela’s.

Tiarela writhed uncontrollably, tried not to sob but it was almost impossible to hold back those hot tears of anger and incredible pain. The Faerie couldn’t believe that this person doing all of this to her could possibly be her mother.

”Mitella,” Tiarela bit through the pain, trying to respond as the next lance of pain tore through her after her mother’s first speech. How could someone who had birthed her want to destroy her in such a horrible manner?

Tiarela screamed in agony and let her head drop to her chest. There was no fighting it now. It was too painful. Too torturous. Too horrific. All she wanted was to die so that perhaps, perhaps this would finally stop.

Her mother’s words barely got her to raise her head as she mentioned something that might stop the pain. Her interest was piqued and of course she was going to ask about it. Mitella knew that, but there was nothing Tiarela could do but play into her hand.

As the dagger was raised above her, the Faerie screamed and tried to shield herself from the tip of the dagger but there was nothing she would be able to do to prevent her mother from killing her.

”NO!” She screamed in desperation, ”I will listen! Anything! Please…” Tiarela shook her head and strained to get away from the dagger’s point, trying to avoid a fatal wound that her mother might be willing to give her.

”I know what it feels like to have something taken from you.” She seethed through her teeth, eyes wide and locked on that dagger. ”I’ve experienced that pain. You probably know. You’ve probably seen.” Tiarela nodded towards the scar on her stomach. ”Every living being has a point at which they break.” She breathed in exasperation, ”And it seems King Loreannon has given me one that will continue to break.”

Looking up at Mitella in defiance, Tiarela tried to remember what it felt like to let the hate consume her like it had so many darkenings ago when Loreannon had first met her in her nightmares, when she’d ripped her eyes out of her own skull. Maybe that skeleton could save her. Couldn’t kill something that was already dead, right?

It was so hard to focus though when Mitella was about to stab her and kill her in a horribly painful way.

”I know from experience there are things worse than death, mother.” And of course, she was thinking of Nortia’s banishment and the child ripped from her stomach. The same sort of thing that happened to Tiarela, minus the banishment… so far. ”Killing me is the easier way for you to get rid of me, to punish me for what I have done. I am interested in what you want from me.”

All the while, Tiarela was speaking very quickly considering Mitella was intending to kill her. Maybe, just maybe her mother would be willing to share with her what it was that she needed to do and what she wanted. If not, well, maybe she’d go wander the afterlife with the King and be the last of his followers who could ever even remember his name.

Old July 11, 2010, 11:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Former Staff

Heartbreaker is a glorious SuperheroHeartbreaker is a glorious SuperheroHeartbreaker is a glorious SuperheroHeartbreaker is a glorious SuperheroHeartbreaker is a glorious SuperheroHeartbreaker is a glorious Superhero

All she needed was that tiny spark of hope that the pain would stop –Anyone- would take that piece of hope…and it was a powerful motivator. It could get almost anyone to do…almost anything.

And that’s what she was counting on.

Psychology played a huge factor in the torture of others. While the subject had a great deal in common with Mysticism, in certain ways, one that used psychology to torture was perhaps the greater threat…as they were using simply the knowledge of human behavior and quick thinking to scar a soul.

Mitella had a goal…and she needed to drive Tiarela to –that- goal via her own will to survive…otherwise, the entire process wouldn’t be as sweet or satisfying for the hunter….and terrifying for the hunted.

Using the same voice she previously used…a firm calm tone that had the ability to bore into one’s soul…she gently prodded the creature towards the way she wanted her to go.

“ I need someone silenced….permanently. A very bad person. Bad people need to be punished, don’t they? Tell me…what do you think a very bad person would do to someone else?”

It didn’t take an entirely lawful person to understand that ‘bad’ people usually meant those that committed the worst crimes…but each person had their own definition of ‘bad’ Mitella needed Tiarela’s….and the continued pain ensured that she would get her answer….

“ Answer…and I’ll give you a bit of a rest…don’t….it will just be worse for you.”
Heartbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote