Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Eunesia > Arios

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 23, 2009, 07:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Slave to the City

Marionette is unknown and forgotten
Smelling the earth, hearing the breeze (Yseult)

Smelling the earth, hearing the breeze
~ Initiate Elementalism ~

Copyright by urdsama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yseult Faelivrin View Post
5th Cycle of Kalendryas Season of Winter
Era XVI Post Fractum

It took a while for Yseult to find the temple, and when she found it, she was a little taken aback. The temple that stood in front of her was not what she was expecting. She was expecting a grandiose building made of the unique Ariosian stone located deep in the woods surrounded by trees. Well, there were trees, but the whole temple was made of the trees. Yseult was sure that the priests and priestess that built the temple put a lot of thought and effort into its creation, but for some reason, she couldn't fully appreciate the architecture. It was very...interesting.

When Yseult found the wooden door, she pushed it open and entered. Inside, she was met by a big, spacious room with very high ceilings, also not what she was expecting. It seemed like it would have been a better use of space if the building was split into two floors, but then again, this wasn't a government building. It was a temple, and aesthetics were more important that functionality when building a temple.

Yseult's eyes scanned the room soaking in what she saw around her. This was the first time she had actually been in a temple. At home, she hardly ever left her house let alone visited a temple. There were a few people in brown and green robes milling about. It didn't look like there was a specific person who was in charge, but it seemed like those dressed in green were of a higher authority than those dressed in brown. She could tell by the way they walked. These individuals carried an air of confidence about them.

Yseult probably looked a little awkward standing there in the entrance. She certainly felt awkward. She didn't really know what to do now that she was there.
Some people dressed in brown glanced curiously at Yseult, when she entered, but didn’t stop to talk to her, rather continued to fulfill their daily duties. Every once and awhile she could watch gatherings of a few people which were obviously discussing something. However, after a short time the participants left, often with a determined look upon their face.

As naturally as the others walked around, a woman approached from behind the vase and made her way towards Yseult. She was a bit chubby and had her long, brown hair tied up in the back, which made her rounded ears visible – a human. With a warm and calm smile she stopped in front of Yseult and asked: “Kalimera and may Carmelya bless you. I haven’t seen you here before, are you new to Arios? Can I help you with something?” Her manners and words were simple, but friendly, her brown robe a little bit dirty around the edges and she smelled of wood and earth.
Marionette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2009, 01:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Adventurer

Yseult Faelivrin is an upstanding Citizen
Yseult was a little startled when she heard the voice of a woman in front of her. She hadn't been paying attention. Her eyes were too busy roaming around the temple taking in the intricate details that existed in its architecture.

Gaining her composure, Yseult took a moment to take a better look at the woman that stood in front of her before answering. She was on the rounder side, and her brown hair was pulled away from her face exposing her non-pointed ears, which indicated that she was a human. Her warm smile encouraged Yseult to speak. "Hi, my name is Yseult, and yes, I am new to Arios. I arrived here earlier this week and am still in the process of settling in. I was actually hoping to start elementalism training, and I heard that I should come here to do that." Yseult hoped she had come to the right place. It would be rather embarrassing and unfortunate if the information she had been given was inaccurate.

Status: Very delayed!! School's much busier that I thought.
Yseult Faelivrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2009, 06:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Slave to the City

While Yseult introduced herself and her intentions, the woman watched her smiling, yet carefully and curiously. Her eyes were surrounded by a few wrinkles and had the colour of dark chocolate, almost black. Sometimes they had an unnatural shimmer, like stones or beatles. However, she kept her friendly behaviour and, after introducing herself as Miryiama, commented: “Foreigners are always welcome in our little community. Are you planning to stay?” It might appear as a standard question when meeting new people, but to Miryiama – and, by the way, any other Ariosian citizen – it was not. Ariosians were generally suspicious of strangers with her being no exception.

While gesturing Yseult to follow her, she made her way back to where she had come from. When passing the huge vase and the plants around it, she smiled at them and told the visitor: “I like herbs and plants. I'm also not bad at caring for them, and that's why I'm around these a lot.” She would never be bold enough to call herself a true herbalist. Although these plants were growing well. Although she also possessed a small garden at home.

Behind the vase there was a little shrine which seemed quite simple in comparison to the architecture of the rest of the temple. Some chairs were placed around it and a tall woman with a slender figure occupied one of them without moving. Probably she was meditating or praying to her goddess.

When Miryiama cleared her throat, however, she turned around and revealed elven descent: A slightly angular face of average beauty, intensive dark blue eyes. Her blond hair was long, straight and possessed a silver shimmer. Like most of the other priests she wore a brown robe. Miryiama explained to Yseult: “This is my friend Liakada, who is also an Elementalism Mistress.” Then she turned to the other elfess. “Liakada, this young kyria is Yseult, and she wants to study Elementalism. Although I know that you haven't had any pupils before, I thought you probably would get along with her well.”

The Mistress gave Yseult a cheerful smile. “Kalimera, nice to meet you! If you desire to learn something about the sphere of Arcana which created this building, I'll be glad to teach you.” She returned to one of the seats and offered Yseult another one, while Miryiama left with a thankful nod. “Well, I think I have to think a bit about the actual training. Why don't we get to know each other today and start with the unbinding … maybe tomorrow, if you like? I can also tell you some necessary knowledge about Arcana.” Being truly curious about the young stranger, Liakada bent slightly forward and watched Yseult's expressions, waiting for an answer.
Old April 30, 2009, 11:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Adventurer

"I am planning on staying in Arios. I recently purchased a house and am waiting to hear back if I've been accepted as an Ariosian citizen or not though I can't imagine that I wouldn't be." Once she finished talking, Yseult followed the woman past an arrangement of a vase and plants. Miryiama seemed quite fascinated by them. "I also like herbs. Actually, before I moved to Arios, I was receiving herbalism training in Olympia from a druidess I met there." Yseult's mind wandered back to her time spent in the druidess's shop learning and helping out with the herbs she sold. A smile formed on her lips. She had enjoyed her time that she had spent with the druidess.

Once Yseult rounded the vase, she could see that a shrine was situated behind it. In front of the shrine sat a rather tall elfess. She seemed to be in meditation or perhaps prayer--which Yseult wasn't sure--for she sat very still, so still that it almost seemed uncomfortable.

Yseult stood awkwardly next to Miryiama as the woman introduced her to the elfess. Introductions were always awkward, for Yseult never knew what to do or how the other person would react. Plus, first impressions were so important when establishing a new relationship, and she was always concerned that she would do something embarrassing or annoying. "Nice to meet you Liakada," Yseult said softly once Miryiama completed the introductions.

When directed to, Yseult slowly sat on one of the wooden chairs that had been arranged around the shrine. "That sounds good. It might be a little overwhelming if we jumped straight into it. Arcana is a little different and definitely more difficult than most skills." Yseult looked into Liakada's blue eyes--eyes that reminded her of the blue of the deep ocean--with hands folded on her lap and waited to see what she would tell her first.

Old May 2, 2009, 07:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Slave to the City

Liakada stared at Yseult, while she was talking, and played nervously with a strand of her blond hair. She was somehow distracted by the cool and neutral behaviour of her new student. She sounded just average – but Liakada wanted to know more about her!

She chuckled a little bit about Arcana being different. “I don't think so. It all depends on how fast you get all the knowledge, and once you have it in mind, you can already shape spells. So it's really easy as soon as you are sure about the knowledge.” She paused, hesitating.

“However, why do you want to learn Arcana, even if it's difficult? Do you think you need some kind of protection out there? Well, in fact Arios is a very safe place.” As soon as you don't go outside and explore the wilderness, of course.

Suddenly Liakada realized that she had forgotten something. Something important for Yseult to know! She threw her hands up in horror and explained: “Oh, I almost forgot! Basically you receive your training for free, but it is highly recommended to make a small donation to the temple! Well, recommended means, just do so. If you don't, they'll gossip.” She grinned, obviously amused by that thought. “It would really be just a small sum and it would be very nice if you donated it.”
Old May 9, 2009, 12:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Adventurer

Yseult paused for a moment before addressing Liakada's inquiry as to why she wanted to learn arcana. She hadn't given it much thought before. All she knew was that she wanted to learn it, and of all the spheres of arcana, elementalism fascinated her the most. "I don't know what it is about arcana, but it just fascinates me--elementalism especially. Arcana to me is very...full of opposites. It can be used either to help or hurt depending on the wishes of the person."

Yseult paused for a moment before continuing looking down at her hands that had started to pick at each other. Everything she had said about her reasons for learning arcana were true but very superficial. They weren't the real reasons she wanted to learn elementalism. There was a deeper, darker reason, and she knew that but didn't want to admit it. A sigh escaped Yseult's lips as she raised her head again to speak. "Actually, the reason I want to learn elementalism is because I want control and in order to have control, I need power. All my life I have let other people dictate the outcomes in my life never choosing anything for myself. I never did anything that I wanted and no one ever took me seriously, but if I can master elementalism, a skill that has the potential to do so much harm, maybe for once they'll see me as an equal."

Yseult wondered what Liakada would say. Would she still be willing to teach her elementalism? What she just said revealed that her intentions weren't exactly pure, but would that matter? She didn't want to intentionally harm anyone. She just wanted the knowledge and power that elementalism would bring her, so she could prove that she was capable, smart, and everything her grandparents didn't think she was.

Yseult snapped out of her reverie at Liakada's sudden movement. A donation? Well, it made sense. The temple had to keep running somehow. Yseult didn't mind giving a donation, but right now, she didn't have a lot of money because she had just purchased a home in Arios, which had turned out to be much more expensive than her home in Olympia. "Ummm...I don't have much money right now, but I don't mind giving a donation." Yseult smiled back at Liakada. "Right now I can give a donation of 100 crowns, but do you think that at a later date when I have more money, that I could make another donation? I feel that 100 crowns is not enough."

Old May 10, 2009, 12:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Slave to the City

Either help or hurt … this girl had surprisingly interesting thoughts. Apparently she had turned the decision of learning Arcana over in her mind for a rather long time, creating her own point of view. It wasn't necessarily bad though, Liakada reminded herself.

Then she wondered why Yseult seemed to hesitate. She knew that people would tell her anything when she just waited patiently and pretended to be uninterested. For one moment Liakada was calm defeating her cheerful nature and instead listening and watching carefully. Were the rumours about strangers probably true in this case? Apparently Yseult wanted power and superiority. But she forgot an important fact. “Your thoughts sound indeed very egoistic”, and Liakada was just honest, “but remember that all people are equal. It's a matter of fact, and neither Arcana nor combat can change it. What you are looking for is self-confidence. As simple as that! You only want to learn Elementalism to have something you are good at!” Her voice was getting louder which she didn't even notice. “But Elementalism is not about control, it's about harmony!” Her arms gestured to the ceiling, the walls, the whole building made of living wood – a perfect example of harmony. Magic and nature. Magic was a part of nature. Impossible to control it.

She paused, slowly breathing in and out, and tried to calm down. Yseult won't be her pupil any more if she had such thoughts. On the other hand, Liakada was sure that a brightening of considering her opinion would do the young one good. Alright. One brightening. Or two. When her breathing had calmed down, she flashed Yseult a friendly smile. “I always overreact when speaking about philosophical questions. You see, I have my opinion, and I can't stand people who don’t share it.” However, she didn't apologize. Liakada never apologized to anyone, because there was nothing to regret.

Then she touched Yseult's pale shoulder and suggested softly: “I think you should leave now. Please return two brightenings later at the same time. And about the donation … If you feel it should be more than 100 crowns, just bring it with you then.” It was obvious. Liakada quite literally threw Yseult out.
Old May 19, 2009, 01:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Adventurer

Yseult was taken aback by Liakada's strong words. To top it off, she asked her to leave. Basically, Liakada threw her out. Not knowing what to say, Yseult simply got up and left the temple. She would come back in two brightenings like Liakada told her to, or should she? Obviously, her reasons for wanting to learn arcana weren't right. But was power and control really the reasons why she wanted to learn elementalism or was it like Liakada said, to gain self-confidence? Yseult would be the first to admit, she did not have self-confidence in herself, and it was hard when she grew up with people who never believed in her or her abilities. Her grandparents always overlooked her, and instead paid attention to her younger half-sister. And her father? Her father was never around. Maybe all she wanted was their acceptance, their attention. Yseult chuckled at the thought. Acceptance--she might have wanted acceptance from her family when she was younger, but now she simply didn't care, especially since she found and got to know her mother. She gave up caring about what her grandparents and father thought a long time ago. She knew that she could never please them, never be the granddaughter they wanted. Her Esh'lahier blood made sure of that. And yet, Yseult knew that deep down some small part of her wanted her grandparents to, at least once, acknowledge her and maybe, if she could master elementalism, that could happen.

But what was this about harmony? Yseult didn't understand harmony or the concept of working together. Her father's family was anything but harmonious. It was all about being the best and competing against each other, not working together. But then she thought back to her time spent in Olympia with her mother and Aydyn. Her mother made pots, working the clay to make intricate shapes, so that one day it could be of use to someone. And Aydyn was a druidess and a herbalist. She worked with nature to help nurture and grow. If anything, Aydyn was an excellent example of what it meant to be harmonious. Maybe Liakada was right. Maybe arcana was all about working with nature, not trying to control it.

Yseult continued on her way home brooding over what had been said. Two brightenings later, she again made her way back to the Temple of Carmelya, and upon entering, immediately started looking for Liakada. She had a lot to tell the elfess, for she had thought long and hard about the harsh words that Liakada had directed at her the first day she was here.

Old May 23, 2009, 08:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Slave to the City

Liakada was around the shrine again, just like when they had first met, but she was talking to Miriyama. Both obviously enjoyed themselves and had a good laugh together while Miriyama was working with the plants growing around the big vase. Her hands treated the delicate flowers with care and love and her voice was cheerful. It was the same with Liakada except that she didn't work with the plants but kneeled next to her friend and watched her working.

When Yseult approached them, however, they finished their talk and Liakada raised from the ground. After taking a few steps in Yseult's direction, she stopped and a smile appeared. It was a true smile showing that the memory of past words and emotions was gone. Liakada hadn't forgotten, but she had calmed down. “Kalimera, Yseult! How have you been? Did you think about my words? I know that they were a bit harsh and I shouldn't have been that strict to you, but it is important that you know the concept of living in harmony with nature before you get the power to control it. I don't want to teach people who leave my classroom and destroy everything we have created here”, she said softly, the last words spoken with irony. And waited.

She would give Yseult a chance, probably more than that. She sensed that she could trust Yseult, because the elfess was a quiet, reasonable person and wouldn't hurt any living creature. Yseult was certainly too nice to do that. Her way of thinking was a bit twisted though and Liakada simply wanted to help her.

Then she gestured for her to follow and led her back from where she just came from – through the temple and outside. No, Liakada didn't intend to teach Yseult in the temple. It was a public building, open to anyone and safe. It wouldn't be safe anymore if an unexperienced initiate experimented with their new power there …

And 'seize the brightening' obviously was Liakada's motto, because the sun was shining and the sky could be seen bright and clear over the treetops.
Old June 5, 2009, 02:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Adventurer

Yseult found Liakada sitting by the shrine again. Miriyama was also there tending to the plants growing around the vase, and the two were cheerfully chatting away.

Yseult started walking towards them, and once the two noticed her presence, they stopped their chatter. She was a little stiff as she walked toward Liakada and Miriyama uncertain of how Liakada would greet her. Would she be harsh like she was the first brightening they met? Or would this be a more pleasant meeting?

Yseult let out a little sigh and her shoulders released the tension they were carrying when she saw Liakada's smile. Maybe things would be better this time. A smile appeared on Yseult's lips in response to Liakada's own. "I'm doing well, and yes, I have thought about your words. I spent quite a bit of time over them. At first I was confused as to what you meant. I didn't entirely understand the concept of living in harmony with nature, but then as I thought more about it and about the people I know, I began to understand. It's useless to fight against nature. Instead we should work with it to produce something beautiful. It's not about destruction but about creation and protection." Yseult grew quite for a moment before continuing as if unsure of whether she should continue to speak. "About what I said the other time we met, it's not that I want power or control. I just want to prove to my father's family that despite my Esh'lahier blood, I am capable of accomplishment and success. I guess I'm seeking self-confidence and being able to master something will help that."

Upon seeing Liakada's gesture to her, Yseult followed the elfess outside where it seemed they were to start her training. The move outside was probably a good idea--less of a chance of her breaking or completely destroying something and there was certainly a chance that that could happen. Yseult looked up at the sky. The suns were shining and she could actually see blue skies over her head instead of grey clouds. She closed her eyes for a moment feeling the warmth of the suns on her skin. It was nice to once again see the suns instead of the constant rain that Arios was known to have. Yseult opened her eyes and looked at Liakada wondering what she would teach her first.

Old June 10, 2009, 01:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Slave to the City

When Yseult explained about her thoughts, Liakada listened quietly and with a little smile on her lips. She knew that the elfess wouldn’t appreciate destruction, even less power. She just wanted to have a chance to prove something to some unknown people. Well, this wasn’t the perfect reason either, but Liakada understood Yseult’s point. “It’s okay now. I believe you. And I think, you’re a peaceful and calm individuum. You will be successful one day.” She smiled warmly.

Sunlight. Indeed it was one of a few sunny brightenings in this month—the sky only covered by a few clouds—, and Liakada was enjoying it too. Perfect for beginning Elementalism training. However, they wouldn’t start in the middle of the village, no. Liakada had a better, a more secluded place in mind where it was even easier to feel nature around them. Not that Arios wasn’t all about nature anyway.

So she led Yseult through the temple’s district and into the shadows of the forest, keeping a slow and steady pace. While walking she explained to her pupil: “Today’s plan looks like the following: I’ll explain the basic theory of magic to you and then you’ll get unbound and can start working on achieving clara and your first spell. How does that sound?”

Regardless of what the answer would be, she continued: “Look at the earth under your feet and the trees above your head. They look differently, don’t they? But all of them consist of different essences. For example there are water essences, plant essences, earth essences … and the group of essences an object contains is called vis. Apart from vis there’s also ara which are essences flowing around in the air. And finally mana can be used to shape spells.”

The air was comfortably cool and fresh due to a light breeze, the ground covered with weeds, fern and occasional herbs. Liakada touched a tree trunk with her fingertips, feeling its raw surface, and looked at Yseult. “Do you understand the concept? I can give you some books if the topic interests you, but I’d like you to keep these terms in mind.”
Old June 26, 2009, 11:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
Adventurer

Yseult was slightly taken aback with Liakada's surety that she would be successful. She hoped that she would be successful and she liked to think that she had the skills and capability to gain it, but even she was uncertain whether or not she would be. And to hear that someone believed in her was new. No one had ever told her before that they thought she could do anything. She only heard how she wasn't good enough, but this, it was actually nice to hear that someone had confidence in her for a change.

Yseult continued to follow Liakada not really knowing where her teacher was taking her. She was still very new to Arios and hadn't had the opportunity to explore the city like she wanted to. The path that Liakada was leading her down was unfamiliar to her, but she wasn't worried--Liakada, of course, knew where they were going.

Before long, Yseult found herself in the forest--the wild and somewhat scary forest of Arios. She had heard warnings not to go wandering in the forest, for it was dangerous. But, here she was in the very place people warned her not to go. Though, she wondered if she really had anything to worry about. She felt like she didn't.

"That sounds good." Yseult smiled at Liakada and listened as she continued to talk. Essences, vis, ara, mana--so many terms in such a short period. Though she never heard the terms before, she found herself understanding fairly quickly. "I do understand, and I will make sure to remember those terms. As for the books, I don't have much free time to read them at the moment. I'm pretty busy settling down and unpacking, but maybe sometime later I can borrow them."

Yseult continued to follow after Liakada thinking to herself. She had a feeling that she would be learning a lot today, and that those four words were only a small portion of it. Not that she minded really, but if she was going to remember everything she learned, she was definitely going to have to write it down every night after learning something new from Liakada. That way, if she was every uncertain about anything, she would have something to refer back to before having to ask Liakada herself.

Old June 28, 2009, 06:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
Slave to the City

Liakada indeed knew where they were going and she was walking in a steady pace that could be called quick by individuals who preferred to stroll through their environment in a relaxed way. But the druidess was an edgy and unpatient being and wanted to arrive at their destination as fast as possible, so she could begin the actual lessons. This was only theory, after all, and as soon as Yseult used the knowledge in practise Liakada was pretty sure that she caught it authomatically.

“That's fine, it's all your decision after all.” Liakada could imagine that Yseult was busy with settling down and doing whatever she did for a living. “I'll take them to the temple tomorrow and you can come and fetch them whenever you want. But tell me, did you find a job so far? How is it like?” She was eager to hear more about Yseult and rumors about a new elven assistant hadn't made it to her ears yet.

While they were talking Liakada led her pupil through hardly passable underwood—either of them received some scratches and leaves in their hair—and finally stepped at a small glade. It was protected by the trees around forming an almost perfect circle. High grass was growing happily along with little, colorful flowers in rare brightenings of sunlight. Now it was offering the peace and silence of a forest, filled with warm light and the soft mumbling of an invisible, but near stream.

Liakada danced a few steps to the middle of the glade, then turned around and smiled to Yseult. “Before we can continue, I have to unbind you. Now. So please lie down, relax and close your eyes.” As soon as Yseult moved on, she would add: “I don't know whether you are aware of it, but not every person can be unbound. There is a very high possibility that you are not able to use magic. However, we'll see.” She flashed Yseult a smile. “It won't hurt, but you may feel a bit exhausted afterwards. Ready?”
Old July 1, 2009, 11:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Adventurer

Liakada's pace would indeed have been considered quick by most individuals, but Yseult wasn't like most individuals. She also walked at a faster past than most not liking to waste time slowly walking from one place to another, so it wasn't too much of a difficulty to keep up.

"That sounds good, thanks. Umm, I'm actually in the process of finding a job. I'm hoping to get hired at Hemwyn's Garden. I actually spoke to Hemwyn herself, but she's a little skeptical since I'm new to Arios. And, I haven't had any experience working in a restaurant either, so I guess I don't blame her. If I was in her position, I would be skeptical too. But so far she seems nice. She's friendly, and I can tell she really cares for her customers and puts a lot of effort into the food she makes." Yseult had grown to like the elfess and the restaurant, and she hoped that everything would turn out.

Yseult soon found herself passing through thick underbrush. More than one branch scratched at her face and arms and pulled at her long hair. She wished she had put it up before they had set out, but there was nothing she could do about it now.

They soon came upon a clearing, and Yseult took the opportunity to pick the stray leaves out of her hair. When she looked up, her breath was taken away by what she saw in front of her. Liakada had led her to a glade with trees fully encircling it and little patches of flowers growing here and there. In the background, she could hear a stream in the distance.

Yseult didn't know that a place such as this existed in the forest. She always thought the Arios forest was scary, but this was far from it. Maybe, if she could remember how they got here, she could come again to relax, get away, and think. This place would be perfect for that.

Upon direction, Yseult lied down in the middle of the glade making sure not crush any of the flowers that happened to be close by. She slowly closed her eyes wondering what had to be done to be unbound. However, her eyes snapped back open when she heard not everyone could be unbound. "Really? I didn't know that. So, there could be a chance I won't be able to learn elementalism?" She shuddered at the thought. She wanted to learn elementalism, and she was willing to work hard at it. But to not even be given the chance if she couldn't be unbound? Yseult could feel the panic rising in her chest. She had no control over whether or not she would be unbound, and that made her anxious. But then she remembered, if she didn't have control over the situation, why fret over it? She might as well relax and see what would happen. Besides, her mother had told her that her grandmother was an elementalist, so maybe she really had nothing to worry about. If her grandmother could do it, why couldn't she?

Yseult drew in a deep breath and slowly let it out, closing her eyes again. "I'm ready now. Whatever is meant to happen will happen. If I'm meant to learn elementalism, I'll be unbound. If not, then I won't be." A smile slowly crept across her face as Yseult felt the muscles in her body relax one by one.

Last edited by Yseult Faelivrin; July 2, 2009 at 03:12 AM.
Old July 5, 2009, 04:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
Slave to the City

Of course Liakada knew Hemwyn, the talkative Quel'anthasan. Everybody praised her as the best source of gossip in town, and every now and then Liakada came to her restaurant for a quick salad and friendly talk in the evening. But she didn't understand how one could work that hard only to provide food to other people. She was a bit selfish, and it often showed through in her behaviour.

“Hemwyn must be a nice boss”, she commented hesitantly, not sure what to say about Yseult working there. “I'm sure you get chased around a lot with all the customers. But it's most important that you like it, I guess.” She shrugged. Yseult really seemed to like her job, although it had to be highly exhausting.

When Yseult laid down at the ground, she couldn't avoid flattening a few flowers. Some of them were little and of unimpressive colors. However, these plants were tough and would recover quickly. Liakada though didn't care about the environment, having already been there a few times, and bent over Yseult to show her an encouraging smile. “It's just the way of nature. Be quick or be dead and all that stuff. You can neither foresee nor avoid it. Some call it coincidence, destiny, but I prefer to think of it as natural. You have to believe in your ability to learn arcana. You have to fight”, she suggested coolly. Then she nodded at Yseult's affirmation. “I'm going to start now.”

Whether she had closed her eyes or not, Yseult could hear Liakada kneeling down in front of her head and calm hands touching her skull. The next thing she felt was some kind of gravity and weariness. The impressions of the forest around her slowly faded, instead she could feel herself falling into sleep. Soon she was caught in a dream while Liakada concentrated to work against her natural mental barriers.

~~~~~

When Yseult's consciousness slowly returned it seemed that nothing had changed. She would see that the sun had moved a bit on, but most likely wouldn't expect that nearly a whole hour had passed since she had fallen asleep. Time had passed so quickly. She would find her body a bit shaky and weak, but she still possessed enough energy to move.

Liakada was now kneeling at her side and trying to produce a smile. Apparently she was much more exhausted than Yseult, with her eyes bloodshot and her hands trembling, although she tried to hide them folded in her lap. She yawned. “I'm still untrained at unbinding others, because I don't have many pupils.” Then she watched Yseult for some time, either waiting for her to say something or lost in thought. “Would you like to tell me about your dream? Many people dream during their unbinding. I guess it has something to do with subconscious problems or wishes that come to the surface while the master lifts your mental barriers against magic.”

Suddenly she remembered something and gave another weak smile. “Oh, and I've been successful. You're unbound now!”

ooc noteFeel free to describe your dream in your next post.