Old April 20, 2009, 03:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Former Staff

Ensnare is a benevolent AdventurerEnsnare is a benevolent Adventurer

[Location] Hemwyn's Garden

Hemwyn's Garden

Hemwyn’s Garden is one of the most popular locations in all of Arios to grab something to eat, as long as you didn’t want meat that is. It was an interesting structure, made of the normal Ariosian crystalline, white stone but it was not built in the traditional spire structure. At the base it was a perfect square, but its roof was a dome, so the corners rounded and smoothed out as the box structure transformed into a semi-sphere. The surface was completely smooth with not a single crack or rough patch. And although its structure was unique, it still served its purpose well, allowing vast amounts of water to flow over its surfaces and keep the interior cool.

Inside was a scattering of tables, all of which sat four people and had four matching chairs surrounding them. Along the wall opposite was a counter that sectioned off an open kitchen, where an elven woman with brown hair that was tied into a neat bun at the base of her head was working slicing vegetables, mixing pots and arranging food on plates. This was Hemwyn herself, the owner, founder, and chef of Hemwyn’s Garden, the only vegetarian-only establishment in Arios.

Hemwyn’s Garden was very popular because of the enormous repertoire of vegetarian meals Hemwyn was capable of making, not to mention that personal zest she added to each dish. Also her kind demeanor and chatty nature caused the place to be a natural hangout and a great place to catch up on gossip.

NPCs:
Secrets :
Name: Hemwyn Selvyre
Job: Vegetarian Chef
Race: Elf, Quel'anthasan
Physical Description: Hemwyn is a typical looking Quel'anthasan elf with a tall, graceful frame. She has long brown hair, though she rarely wears it down so that it will not get in her way (or the food she cooks!). Her face is angular and bejeweled with sparkling blue eyes. She is pleasant on the eyes, like all elves, but by elvish standards she is rather plain.
Personality: A kind elven woman who has a passion for feeding others. She is very kind and very giving, and when she can afford it she has been known to give customers extra helpings of the food they ordered without charge. She loves gossip and will often slow her work to chat with clients, and is known as the hub of all knowledge of Arios, be it mean slander or intriguing mysteries. But she will only give this information in exchange for more information. Hemwyn is also an extremely hard worker, and very business oriented.
Important Notes: Level 3 Vegetarian Cooking

Factoid:
Secrets :

Type of Location: Restaurant
Notability of Location: Common Knowledge
Training/Employment Opportunities: No/Yes
Can This Location Be Self Moderated?: Yes
Credits: GM Ensnare

Last edited by Ensnare; April 26, 2009 at 11:59 PM.
Ensnare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2009, 12:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Adventurer

Yseult Faelivrin is an upstanding Citizen
Fifth Cycle of Kalendryas Season of Winter
Era XVI Post Fractum

It was another gloomy day in Arios. The air was cold, the sky was grey, and the rain was falling down in sheets. Yseult could barely see what was in front of her, and she was making her best effort to stay somewhat dry but with little success. She had left her house early in the morning hoping to find a job, and so far, she hadn't had much luck.

Yseult stopped for a moment to push her wet hair out of her face, and when she did, she spotted an interesting building across the street. It was made of the typical Ariosian stone, but instead of having the usual spire, the roof was shaped into a dome. For some reason, she was drawn to the building, and she was curious to see what was inside.

Once inside, Yseult could see that the building was a restaurant. There were tables positioned around the room with chairs around each table. It seemed to be pretty popular, for there were a lot of people there and almost every seat was filled. The menu was vegetarian--something that Yseult liked and appreciated. She didn't like the taste of meat except for fish. Fish, Yseult didn't mind eating.

Maybe, she could inquire about a job here. Yseult wouldn't mind working here. She didn't have any experience working at a restaurant though, but she was sure that she could learn. She was usually a fast learner and definitely a hard-worker. Yseult scanned the room looking for the person in charge and spotted an elfess with brown hair in the kitchen. It looked like she was the only one working.

Yseult seated herself at one of the empty tables. She didn't want to disturb the woman while she was busy, so she decided to wait until the store emptied before inquiring about a job.

Status: Very delayed!! School's much busier that I thought.
Yseult Faelivrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2009, 12:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Slave to the City

Marionette is unknown and forgotten
The restaurant didn't seem to empty, even when it got slightly darker meaning that the sun had completely vanished. Yseult could watch Hemwyn working in the kitchen and serving her guests, sometimes stopping to chat and laugh with them, but soon returning to her workplace. She was very busy and when the restaurant was full she had to work even harder. There would also be calm brightenings where she could afford to accompany her friends at the table and gossip.

Eventually Hemwyn approached Yseult, mistaking her for a guest, and asked with a polite smile: „Kalimera and welcome to Hemwyn's garden. I'm really sorry for letting you wait for such a long time! But as you can see, it's quite full today. Anyway, what can I do for you? Would you prefer a simple salad, or a complete dinner?“ Hemwyn loved to make food for other people. It gave her the feeling of caring for them and making sure that everyone was healthy. She didn't mind strangers, or at least not when they had just arrived at her restaurant.

While waiting for Yseult's answer she adjusted her dark brown hair which was tied up to a ponytail. Obviously she was a Quel'anthasan elf, being tall and elegant. However, her studious and caring personality showed in her behaviour and body language. Nobody who was hungry would be turned away at Hemwyn's garden – and also nobody who had other concerns.
Marionette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2009, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Adventurer

Before Yseult realized it, evening had fallen. She hadn't noticed until she looked out the front door, which had happened to open when another customer came in--she had been too busy watching the variety of people that had chosen to visit the restaurant and how Hemwyn interacted with each one of her customers. She seemed to be a cheerful individual who loved making food for people.

To Yseult's surprise, the restaurant was still pretty busy. She was wondering how long it would be before the restaurant settled down a bit when she head a woman's voice above her. Yseult looked up slowly to see that Hemwyn was standing in front of her asking if she would like anything to eat. She was about to say no when her stomach rumbled. It seemed like she was hungrier that she had thought. "I'll take a salad, thanks." Yseult paused a moment before she continued speaking. "I was actually wondering if you were in need of a helper? I just moved to Arios, and I am trying to look for a job. I don't have much experience, but I am a fast learner. Oh, and my name is Yseult." Yseult smiled at Hemwyn looking up expectantly waiting to see what she would say.

Old May 4, 2009, 05:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Slave to the City

Hemwyn smiled warmly when she heard the protest of Yseult's stomach and nodded upon her order, ready to hurry back to the kitchen. However, Yseult didn't stop talking and until she was finished stating her request, Hemwyn's expression was a slightly mispleased one. If the elf who obviously was a stranger to Arios would just have stayed to eat something for dinner, she would have appreciated it. It would at least have given her something to gossip about. But employing her? She didn't know how this stranger would behave, how much risk it included to take her as a waitress.

However, she thought as she watched the full room, she was in need of an assistant. It was a lucky coincidence that somebody actually applied for that job right now. Hemwyn decided to give it a try and gave Yseult an approving nod, followed by a short chuckle. “As you can see I am in desperate need of an assistant. Although you are a stranger, meaning I do not fully trust you, you have the chance to prove yourself tomorrow. Please come early in the morning. After that brightening I'll let you know if I keep you or not. Good luck!”

And off she was, hurrying back to the kitchen. Soon Yseult got her salad which tasted delicious, fresh and healthy. When Hemwyn returned to her to receive the payment she would have another chance to ask questions. Otherwise they'll hopefully see each other tomorrow.

OOCIf you have any questions, continue RPing in this thread, otherwise I'll open a new one to play out the next brightening. :)

Last edited by Marionette; May 9, 2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old May 14, 2009, 05:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Slave to the City

Continued in Turning into a decent waitress.
Old August 10, 2009, 12:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Mythic

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Stephan Woulofen is a benevolent Adventurer

Trying New Things, Meeting New People

TS: 2nd Brightening of the 1st cycle of Imperos, era XVI PF, Reign of Prince Milo I

Many months had passed since he had first arrived in Arios and he had yet gathered up the will to visit Aydyn and his daughter Noah. He did not know exactly what was keeping him from seeing them, but surely it had to do with the possible reactions to his presence. The last time he had spent time and company with Aydyn, they had slept together again, he thought they were beginning anew, and she had packed up and left him suddenly. He did not hold a grudge against her for what she had done, for he had done the same to her, multiple times, and they were of such opposites he wondered if it could ever have lasted. Maybe taking his time, gathering up his courage, and thinking about the possibility of settling down was a good idea. He had learned much about Aydyn since arriving, she was now quite a powerful druid and she had set up something really good here. He certainly did not want to ruin anything for her.

Through his journey around the city of Arios he had discovered that Hemwyn's Garden was a very popular place for discussions and gossip to be overheard. He would certainly be surprised if he wouldn't find Aydyn here, it seemed to be quite her cup of tea. No, not the gossip aspect of it, but certainly the nature-like feeling of the place, and the fact it was strictly vegetarian. He was so out of place here, and the fact he stepped through the front door in armor, with a sword sheathed at his side, he was sure that he would quickly gain attention of a few, if at most for a brief moment. Not just tall and strong, his imposing figure, his dark armor, hair, and light blue eyes all set upon a handsome appearance made him quite a mysterious subject, one quickly worth garnering gossip about. Stephan had made sure to keep a very low key in the city since he had arrived, in order to ensure that Aydyn was much less likely to know he was here in the city.

The building was surely unusual, he had not noticed from outside for some odd reason, but once walking inside he saw the room was dome-shaped. Very bright, very warm and inviting. Looking around for a moment for a place to sit he noticed that this establishment was a very feminine friendly place. And, thus certainly a very inviting establishment to Stephan as well. Taking a seat at an empty table Stephan relaxed and looked around a bit, noticing a few glances from a couple of the women enjoying the food and beverages of the establishment. Hearing his stomach grumble he wondered if he would be able to enjoy the food this place had to offer, from what he saw, and knew well, it all seemed and looked a bit odd.

Last edited by Stephan Woulofen; August 10, 2009 at 01:13 PM.
Stephan Woulofen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11, 2009, 04:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Adventurer

It was another typical day of work. Droves of hungry people came to partake in the wonderfully delicious vegetarian food that Hemwyn and now she made each day and of course, to hear if there was any new gossip around town. For Hemwyn's Garden was indeed a hotspot for gossip, the owner herself an avid gossiper. Yseult wasn't much of a gossiper herself. She usually just listened to the stories, never adding or asking anything, finding them to be quite entertaining at times. While some people would find the gossip irritating and bothersome and the gossipers just a bunch of nosy people, Yseult didn't mind it, for the constant chatter created a nice, friendly ambience in the restaurant and made her job a lot more interesting.

This day would have passed like any other had it not been for the arrival of a tall, unknown man clad in dark armor. Yseult caught a glimpse of him as he walked through the door and seated himself at one of the tables. He was definitely a newcomer to Arios as she had never come across him before and by the looks he was attracting from some of the other customers, it seemed they didn't know him either. Not that newcomers were bad. It was just that Ariosians didn't trust strangers.

Yseult let out a light sigh as she picked up a few dishes from the table she just wiped down. She made a mental note to go over and greet him right after she set the dishes down in the kitchen. A few moments later, she walked over to the man, who when she took a closer look, had quite a handsome face. "Hi, welcome to Hemwyn's Garden. My name is Yseult. Is there anything I can get you? Maybe a drink to start off?" She smiled warmly as she stood there, her green eyes looking at the man but sometimes straying across the room to see if there were other people who she would need to attend to. She absentmindedly brushed back her long, brown hair, which she had inconveniently forgotten to put up this morning. It was rather irritating, always getting in her way as she worked, but the restaurant was so busy, that she simply hadn't had the time to fix it. Seeing an opportunity now, she quickly pulled back her wavy hair with a small piece of leather tied together at the ends waiting for a response from the blue-eyed man.

Last edited by Yseult Faelivrin; August 11, 2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old August 11, 2009, 04:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mythic

He was totally out of place and the atmosphere of this restaurant was so much like Aydyn and so little like him. Maybe it was that reason that they could never truly be, despite having a very strong physical attachment. There was just the opposites so distant from one another that would constantly keep them living in different worlds should they ever truly live together. The long time he was given to such thoughts were not very rewarding for he did certainly want it to work between them, and yet he came to quickly realize that it never really could. Where was that waitress, and where was a menu? Looking around to see if anyone had even noticed him, which was an obvious yes, he finally noticed that a young, beautiful woman approached to welcome him to the establishment and take his order.

With a very warm, lovely smile to greet him he was led to smile likewise in response. "Yes, a tea with honey would be a good start, I am not too particular. Is there a menu for food?" He gave her a awkward smile for he wondered if she were new, not thinking he would have to ask for something as simple as a menu. It would be very obvious to anyone who worked there, or was a frequent patron that he was not only very out of place, but it was very likely he had never been at such a restaurant before. And, that was true, he was both those things, and the only thing he could remember about tea was that honey made any tea at least decent to drink. That he had learned from the tea Aydyn had served once.

As he watched the woman work with her hair, its great length constantly getting in her face, he took notice of her very youthful beauty and white hue to her skin. It was as she pulled it back to tie her hair that he noticed the pointy ears that revealed her racial heritage. She was an elf, and if he did not know better, he guessed that she was Esh'lahier. He had been well traveled enough to know that she was, and the fact that he had been close to the Andares family throughout the last ten patterns helped him come to such a conclusion. He smiled for a moment again when he thought of Sinfaetha and Tiyribi, where they were now he wondered, memories of how beautiful they were and how unable his charm had worked on both of them remained clear. Only the Andares ladies had ever dismissed him, skin as pure, white as snow, the most beautiful women he had ever seen...besides for his lost beloved of course.

Leaning back to relax in his chair he tapped his fingers upon the wood table top softly, in slow succession as he studied her intensely with his eyes, waiting for her response.
Old August 11, 2009, 08:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Adventurer

"Yes, we do have a menu. Oh geez, how could I have forgotten? I'm just so used to everyone knowing what we serve that I've gotten out of the habit of bringing menus to the tables. I'm so sorry about that. I'll bring you one when I come back with your tea." She left in a hurry, flustered by her silly mistake and nervous by how the man had been looking at her. He seemed to be interested in her for some reason, and she didn't like it. But he was a customer, so she'd just have to deal with it.

Yseult came back in a hurry a cup of tea in one hand, a little jar of honey in the other, and a menu tucked under her arm. The tea was hot, steam coming off the top and the honey was a light auburn color, a spoon in the jar for adding it. "Here's the menu, sir." She placed the menu down on the table in front of the man. "I'll come back in a few minutes to take your order unless you know what you'd like to order already?"

Roasted Carrot and Herb Spread ... 3
Artichoke-Rosemary Bruschetta ... 3
Gorgonzola and Hazelnut Stuffed Mushrooms ... 4

Chunky Tomato Soup ... 4
Creamy Wild Rice Soup ... 5

Arugula Salad - arugula topped with parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and a vinaigrette dressing ... 5
Fruit Salad - mixture of cut fruit that is currently in season ... 6
Avocado Tomato Salad - cucumber, tomato, red onion, & avocado mixed with feta cheese and olive oil ... 6

Old Fashioned Baked Beans - served with 2 slices of toast & 1 egg ... 7
Toasted Cheese, Avocado, and Tomato Sandwich - served with slices of baked potato ... 9
Wild Rice-Pecan Burger - served with slices of baked potato ... 9
Portabella and Vegetable Pot Pie ... 12

Yseult tried not to make eye contact with the man as she stood there again, already quite embarrassed by her earlier mistake, but she wondered who this man could be. Why had he come to Arios? Was it on business or maybe it was to visit someone? It really wasn't her business, but she was still curious. It wasn't often that the restaurant received visitors to Arios as most customers were Ariosian citizens. She couldn't help but wonder his intention for being there.

Last edited by Yseult Faelivrin; August 13, 2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old August 17, 2009, 03:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Mythic

He smiled and waved his hand away, trying to ease her embarrassment for having forgotten to bring a menu with her. Her mistake had not been anything serious, her reasoning made sense, and no matter if it had even been much more foolish he wouldn't have had reason to be annoyed with her. It was very hard for him to ever be annoyed with a beautiful woman. "No worry, I am in no big rush," he said, barely in time before she had run off to fetch his tea and a menu. He smiled again, amused by it all, fairly interested in the woman's features as her gracefully long legs carried her across the room and thus returning in quite record time with his tea and menu.

As she set down the menu in front of him, along with the tea, he looked at them both for a moment before responding to her question. "Thank you, please give me a moment while I look over the menu," he said again, looking up at her to find her looking at him inquisitively, but avoiding eye contact. It wasn't an usual thing for a woman to avoid eye contact with him as long as she was possibly able, his big blue eyes and the way he looked at women had often quite enough power to bring them to full embarrassment. To have the full attention of one as handsome, powerful, and well off as he had been so overwhelming for many, including the once naive young Aydyn. After a few moments he smiled her way as she worked, and waved her over to signify he was ready with his order, though he really wasn't. Everything sounded so odd.

Taking another sip of his tea he swallowed the smooth refreshment and looked up as she approached. "Yes, I am ready to order. I shall take a cup of the Creamy Wild Rice Soup and then the Portabella and Vegetable Pot Pie please. If it is also possible," he said looking around, "I was wondering as well, since I am new to the city, if you would share a cup of tea with me while I wait for my food, to chat a bit? If you are not too busy, or maybe I shall ask if you would like to join me after work for a friendly tour of the city? Stephan took another sip of his tea, his eyes focused intently on her, the dark blue orbs showing quite great leaps of his flirty nature.
Old August 20, 2009, 04:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Adventurer

Yseult went about her work as she waited for the man to decide what to eat, picking up dishes, taking orders, and delivering food and drinks. She soon noticed out of the corner of her eye, the man smiling at her and waving her over.

She hurriedly finished what she was doing at the moment and walked over. "Creamy Wild Rice Soup and Portabella and Vegetable Pot Pie, got it. Umm, I can join you after work and show you around the city." She turned her gaze to the rest of the restaurant looking at the countless number of people sitting at the tables then at Hemwyn busily working in the kitchen. "Yeah, that'll probably be best. It's pretty busy right now. Maybe you can come back later on or would you rather wait till I finish?"

Yseult smiled at the man waiting a bit for an answer to her question. She was still a bit unnerved by this his intent gaze, but how could she say no to his request? The man was after all a stranger. It was the least she could do. "I'll be back with your food in a moment, sir. By the way, what is your name? I didn't catch it earlier."

After receiving an answer, Yseult went to the kitchen and started preparing the dishes. She poured the soup into a white ceramic bowl and stuck the pre-prepared Portabella and Vegetable Pot Pie in the oven to cook. Yseult soon reappeared from the kitchen, the man's soup in her hand, and placed it along with a spoon on his table in front of him. "I'll be back with your pot pie momentarily."

And she was right, it didn't take long for the pot pie to finish baking, and once it was done, she immediately brought it out. "Careful, it's still very hot." Yseult gently set the dish on the table moving her long, skinny fingers out of the way before the dish squished them. Having successful transported the dish, she quickly wiped her hands off on her apron before clasping them in front of her. "Let me know if you need anything else, and I'll be more than happy to get it for you."