Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Eunesia > Arios

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 8, 2004, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Former Staff

O'Brien is an upstanding Citizen
Drum OOC Discussion: The Future of Arios

Serale to PCs of Arios and visitors,

To make my island a more fun place, I will be holding an open discussion for a bit addressing, as the name implies, the future of Arios. I will briefly discuss my plans without spoiling too many surprises, including some new locations and adventures coming in the future, and then I will open for comments and feedback. Tell me what you think of Arios so far, what you'd like to see, any questions you may have. Moderators are all well and good, but ultimately in the history of this game it has been proven time and time again that players rule the place.

Let me take this opportunity to apologize profusely for my abrupt absence. I still have threads to make up, but I hope to make it up to you with both this discussion and by making future events available to you.

So what's coming up for Arios? First of all, hopefully a new AGM. I'm looking around for one and may have one around as early as Thursday. My hope is that he will be able to cover some more of the threads that I currently have, allowing me to focus more on development of plotlines. Anyone notice that inactive Early Bird Gets the Wurm thread?

Besides new locations that PCs suggest, I've already got two ideas lined up. I don't want to spoil anything so I'll be vague, but I'll tell you that one of them is a seemingly ordinary location with an interesting twist, and the second is an adventure with no action. I reserve the right to put the first of those into effect later though...you'll see why then.

If you've read Early Bird, you probably know that wurms are probably going to show up sometime soon. What else is in store as far as big plots go? Once again I'll be vague, but let's just say that wurms aren't the only visitor the island will be getting. When everything I've got planned out is done, Arios will be a thoroughly unique place with something for everyone. To put it mildly, you can consider any location that exists right now (except perhaps the Black Dome) to be insignificant. They are only a very quiet and a very humble beginning. If you thought the barmaids at the Stopover were exciting, just wait until you see what's next. Right now there are still a good many players who have never even heard of Arios. I'd say by the year's end it will be quite difficult indeed to find one who hasn't.

Yours,
GM O'Brien
Old March 8, 2004, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Delightfully Deranged

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Tiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious Superhero

I've noticed the Early bird thread for a good while and have been just itching to get into that. Don't worrya bout your absence, O'Brien. We all have to do it sometimes, and its not like we have control over every single aspect of our lives anyway.

I think you've done a wonderful job sparking life back into this place. I must say, that this time last year, Arios was insignificant in my eyes. Sure, I'd looked it over and stared at the weirdness of the Black Dome for a bit, but I never really understood what was 'so cool' about an island of a handful of folks that were boring in the day and never slept.

As for what I'd like to see, gee, I have no idea. I know that I've kind of decided Tiarela's going to be sticking around the isles for a good long while now.. because I've visited two out of three and have liked what's been going on so far. I need to swing into Puppet's domain soon, but I didn't want to miss out on things going on here.

I'm no help. I can just say good job and jump in when someone better at this than me says something to spark me into discussing, lol

-Tia

Nactau Iallea'ryn, the Baroness of Box-Stack
- I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed; I get along with the voices inside of my head...
"It was written that I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice."

- CIR - SoF - Risthal - The Twisted -
Old March 8, 2004, 09:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Famous

Gareth Gruven is an upstanding Citizen
*giggles at Tia's compliments* Aye, good job on everything O'brien, keep up the good work!

As for the plotlines, well, they all sound pretty fun until your getting whacked in the head by tree limbs and hanging from an Orc's chubby...hand type thing. hehe.

Buuuuuuttttt, I do enjoy rping with all the PCs here, and am quite interested in how this ragtaggy place turns out. So I guess you're stuck with me here for a while...
Old March 9, 2004, 03:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Notable

Paul Tyndal is an upstanding Citizen
Hm.. maybe you should start up on Gareth and me's Ranger training - before we finish with the basic archery, or end the basic archery quickly, and then start up the Ranger stuff.. it's kinda ackward going around saying I'm a ranger when the thread for my training isn't even up.. and I did originally come here to be a Ranger.

Anyway, about the topic of this thread. The wurm thing, I figured I wait for that until I became a ranger and did some socializing with the druids.. but sure. Maybe you could make another action-packed article in the Herald detailing the wurm adventure, as a hook to get more people here. The tourney's all good and well, but it'll end soon, and how many of those people are staying?

Oh, and my PC definitely grew a goatee right now, cause this avatar is sweet.
"There are men in this world who go about demanding to be killed...they humiliate and bully people whose capabilities they do not know. I have seen a man deliberately infuriate a group of dangerous men, and he himself without any resources. These are the people who wander throughout the world shouting, 'Kill me! Kill me!' And there is always somebody ready to oblige them."
Old March 10, 2004, 06:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Citizen

Fyrthulf is an upstanding Citizen
I haven't been here long, but so far I see a city that's pretty cool. has a really interesting basis, and I think has some good opportunity.

That said, my giant is going to rough it up, alot. Can you get some female PCs here, preferably elf or human, so I can rape them? And you males, I will mug you if I see you hanging around. So beware.

Eating sentients and crushing little people since 04.
Old March 10, 2004, 06:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Notable

I sincerely hope that was a joke, cause if it wasn't, you'll die faster than you can ask what tickled.
"There are men in this world who go about demanding to be killed...they humiliate and bully people whose capabilities they do not know. I have seen a man deliberately infuriate a group of dangerous men, and he himself without any resources. These are the people who wander throughout the world shouting, 'Kill me! Kill me!' And there is always somebody ready to oblige them."
Old March 10, 2004, 09:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Former Staff

O'Brien is an upstanding Citizen
Hmm...was that serious, Fyrthulf? I mean, if you can keep it at the PG-13 level, I may be able to help you.
Old March 10, 2004, 10:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Citizen

Fyrthulf is an upstanding Citizen
Well my message WAS meant to be over the top and crude.. but yes, in essence. I am serious, and I should have NO trouble keeping it at PG-13. I'd love to rough up this cute little town...

Eating sentients and crushing little people since 04.
Old March 11, 2004, 12:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Famous

Solaris Silverarrow is an upstanding Citizen
Hehehe...Fyrthulf, I hope you don't, I really wouldn't want to kill your PC, but if he ends up getting a bounty of his head well...lets just say things lead to other things, mainly your death and my reward^.^
Old March 11, 2004, 01:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Famous

Lol, well I'm certainly not going to stand...I mean hover in the way! All the power to ya Fyr
Old March 11, 2004, 03:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Famous

Aren't you supposed to be a good ranger Gareth? Heh, you'd set fire to a forest before trying to live in it, wouldn't you? All those texas brush fires are your fault are't they, you set fire to all those...um...tumbleweeds?
Old March 11, 2004, 04:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Famous

Lol...sure sure, just be sure you go and kill Avanthar now Solaris, while I take on this Giant. Oh, and after that go after Serion, and then try go after Aderyn as well. Justice has to be served to the freakin thousand who died in the hurricane. Aaaand, I'd like to see you try to take on this Giant. Honestly man, you can't nail them all, and Arios is too small and good anyways...it could use some criminals.
Old March 11, 2004, 05:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Delightfully Deranged

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Tiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious Superhero

*shakes head and laughs* 'Tis times like these that I am glad I am only eleven inches tall, have wings and don't like things that are normally taller than me.
Moreso things that are abnormally taller than me. o.O

hmmm criminal life.. *ponders*

Yeah, that's what we need. Such a little town though, I cant see high crime rates... Or stuff.

We need smarter than the average bear picnic basket-swipers!..
I volunteer! hehe.

Nactau Iallea'ryn, the Baroness of Box-Stack
- I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed; I get along with the voices inside of my head...
"It was written that I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice."

- CIR - SoF - Risthal - The Twisted -
Old March 11, 2004, 06:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Famous

Well Gareth, Avanthar doesn't exactly have a body right now does he?Or did he find a new one? Anyways...no, I'll leave them to you, I know how much you want to have the reputation of killing them. Besides Gareth, I figured I'd let you distract him while I sneak behind him and kill him, you know, you could do that whole 'Look at me, I'm a distraction, kill me! kill me!' ^.^
Old March 11, 2004, 07:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Notable

Gareth, I know I have your thanks, but you don't have to proclaim it loudly in your custom title. I mean, mine it "Amateur," not "You're Welcome Gareth!" You really don't have to make it that.

Hm.. Does this fall in line with what we were discussing earlier, Alex? With, like, the big hunt for the criminal and stuff? Cause that would be cool if you don't plan on starting the Wurm thing anytime soon.

Gareth, I'm behind you all the way. Or, in this case, in front of you as we run from the giant. Have fun, buddy! Make sure you provide enough fun so I can get away!
Closed Thread