Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Eunesia > Arios

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 28, 2004, 10:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Delightfully Deranged

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Tiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious Superhero

The Mind of a Mystic..? (Private; xGM Please)

Timestamp:
Hour 9 of Brightening Ioannolia, 3rd Brightening in Cycle Five of Ponutis
Winter in Era I in the Celeste Mandate
Era X Post Fractum (PF) in the Age of Darkening, the Mageocracy of Julos the Mad
Paradigm: Coronation of Queen Sharinya of the Fae Folk

Funny it was how this island was so full of Arcana. Tiarela, no matter how much she had tried, could not find herself to sleep last night.. albeit she hadn't actually tried in a respectable place anyway, but hey, why rent a big person room when you took up about as much as their foot? Weird. No one seemed to ever sleep in this place. Must be something in the drinking water, yup. That had to be it.

Nevertheless, it was a good day for the faerie, the brightening was. A day that seemed to beg her to pull it's full potential from the waiting arms of oppertunity. Who could refuse such an open, good feeling? Not Tiarela Iceglitter, that was for sure. Pull the full potential, Carpe Diem. Okay, she could do that, just dare watch her!

This was the mindset that bore Tiarela down the streets of Arios. She was searching for something - something in particular, really. Arios was just bubbling over with arcana-goodness.. So surely the not-so-little fae could find what she wanted here..

The mind of a Mystic, you silly fae. How does a mystic think? Oh why are you asking yourself? If you knew, you wouldn't be looking so lost, would you! Now where is that... Oh it's just your luck some Arcana insitute wouldn't exist here. Good going, Tia! By the gods... Argued the mind of the obstinate fae. She was even obstinate and arguementative with herself! Oh boy.. this really wasn't going to go anywhere too quickly, now was it.

With a little sigh from a little, frail frame, Tiarela continued to look around, and wonder what it was like to 'think like a mystic'. One could always guess, right? Okay, so guessing it was.. Which of course, was what lead to the looking around and eventual most likely meaningless, fruitless questions of 'If I were a Mystic, where would I be and what would I do?' Like a faerie would know. Oh well..
As she continued to get herself into this weird 'mindset' of 'thinking like a mystic' (however, what got her believing that was how a mystic thought.. well, who knew.), she began to hum to herself and generally have a sort of pessimistic, second-guessing additude about herself. There wasn't a single soul on Arios that was going to teach her Mysticism. Nope. And even if there was, they wouldn't want to teach Tiarela Iceglitter. Maybe because her name was too long or some other silly reason. Man, didn't that just figure...
Tiarela really just needed to stop assuming things and just play it out more often...

Nactau Iallea'ryn, the Baroness of Box-Stack
- I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed; I get along with the voices inside of my head...
"It was written that I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice."

- CIR - SoF - Risthal - The Twisted -
Old March 26, 2004, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Former Staff

Ireland is an upstanding Citizen
[OOC: Hi there, I realize you've been waiting for a reply forever, but, if you're still interested, I've been instructed to help you out )

As Tiarela wandered pessimistically through the quiet streets of Arios looking for some guidance, she found herself quite literally running into a human gentleman. This collision appeared to be more his fault than hers, however, as he had been walking with his eyes closed, index fingers pressed into his temples as he apparently concentrated very hard on something. His countenance was deeply lined with age and weathered from the sea and sun, though he was very tall and walked with the zest of the young. A strange man indeed, he wore a long, flowing purple robe accented in wildly ostentatious fur striped in various colors. No one seemed to mind him, though, as he marched blindly through the island's masses. That is, of course, until he ran into the seemingly lost fae.

His eyes snapped open, a wonderfully violet color that matched his robe with disturbing perfection, and a wide jovial grin crossed his wrinkled face. "I have found you!" He cried triumphantly--a wistful, boisterous voice that one would never expect from such a terribly old man. Passerbys turned their glances toward the pair, though they seemed much more interested in Tiarela than the increasingly strange human. Shaking their heads knowingly, the citizens of Arios merely passed on by, though it seemed to the faery that she might perhaps be missing something.

"Oh, look how delightfully small you are!" the man continued, completely unaware of the looks he was receiving, "This shall be a wonderful change of pace."
Old March 27, 2004, 09:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Delightfully Deranged

Tiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious SuperheroTiarela Iceglitter is a glorious Superhero

OoC: Whoo hoo! Hey, I told O'Brien I was going to be patient about this. Glad you're picking it up though, yay!

The sudden collision with a big person sent Tiarela whirling. With the wind knocked out of her and her wings alike, the little one dropped a good deal in the air, panting for the breath she'd lost and trying to get over the initial shock factor of the whole thing. What was this guy doing here?.. Well duh, he lived in Arios. Okay, so why was he walking around with his fingers to his head and with his eyes closed?

The little faerie finally regained her composure and found the strength to flutter back up into the air. The citizens were finding this less strange than she was -- it was a rather unsettling thought. Something went by the poor fae, obviously. She didn't quite catch on to why someone such as this man was in any way, shape, or form "normal". What in the good graces of the gods was he talking about, anyway? He had "found" her? What?

Tiarela became a bit apprehensive and defensive when he mentioned her height and something about how this would be a delightful change of pace.. What did he think he was going to be able to do, make Tiarela is companion or something? Aternia no! Not this little faerie!..
But she gave the odd man the benefit of the doubt. He was obviously a few quills short of a dozen. Maybe she could get out of him why this would be a delightful change and just exactly what he had meant by.. 'I have found you!'

Oh wait.. Wait, it was clicking with her now. Maybe this guy was a master mystic, and maybe he heard her thoughts!.. They could do that, right? Read thoughts? Something like that, Tiarela knew that was for sure. Maybe he was looking for her because she wanted to learn and he was a Master!

Tiarela blinked a few times and crossed her arms indignantly in the air. She cleared her throat, and spoke up, her voice full of excitement..
"You found me?..Wait.. Are you a Mystic, sir?" She gave a little sniff of her nose. It had always been rumored that faeries could sense magic in many different ways.. But hey, who knew. Tiarela grinned at him, pretty sure that he just HAD to be -- it would explain the whole fiasco.

- I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed; I get along with the voices inside of my head...

Old March 27, 2004, 03:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Former Staff

The flamboyant man stood patiently as the fae overcame her shock and confusion, rocking back and forth on his toes. He rose a hand to his chin, stroking it as though he were considering something very grave indeed. He stared intently at what one would assume was the fae, his eyes narrowed in concentration, though upon further observation would come to find he was really looking around Tiarela rather than directly at her. He mumbled quietly under his breath as she came to grips with the situation in her thoughts.

"Of course I am, you silly barnacle of a wingd creature," The elderly man replied suddenly with unexpected fervor, his purple eyes finally directing their attention at her person, examining her in a slightly intrusive fashion. "I can smell the unbound a mile away! Your auras are so constricted, so obvious. I just have the most wonderful time trying to pick them out of a crowd."

"Now, you must tell me, my little blue friend," He continued as he turned his back to her and began to walk away, motioning almost absent-mindedly for her to follow--as if he knew she would whether he indicated anything or not, "Your name and everything about you--where you come from, how you got here, all about your mother, your father, brothers and sisters. Oh, I suppose I'm getting ahead myself." He paused, stopping in the street as the pedestrians merely weaved their way around him--Ariosans were obviously very used to this man's antics, whomever he was, and avoiding them altogether. Without warning the lines of age and roughness of weather seemed to literally melt away from his character right before her very eyes. His ears grew longer, pointed, his posture began to straighten. From the decrepit body of an old human man rose the graceful, refined visage of a luminous and disastrously handsome elf. "Might as well be honest with one another, wouldn't you say? My name is Dne'thien Earaniel Belthil'igre, Lord and Protectorate of Gemini Mansion and Master Mystic of Arios," He offered the small fae a dramatic bow, nearly folding over in half, allowing his long white-blond locks to almost reach the ground. "You can, of course, simply call me Dne." And the ball was back in Tiarela's court.
Old April 2, 2004, 10:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Delightfully Deranged

This man, this 'Dne' spoke so fast and moved so much that it was hard for Tiarela just to keep up for a good few seconds. First he wanted her name, and basically nothing short of an autobiography about her whole (rather long) life. She was thinking all this over, and opening her mouth to speak when he stopped in the middle of the road, nearly forcing the faerie to fly head long into him. Then, like a shapeshifting Dracon itself, the man went from old and hunchbacked to sleek and rather handsome (not to mention younger looking) elf.
The faerie gave a rather surprised look, but didn't totally fall over herself this time.

Dne'thien Earaniel Belthil'igre. What. A. Mouthful.
The Faerie wasn't even going to try it.
"Dne," She repeated, nodding and giving a little cursty in the middle of the air. "Tiarela Iceglitter... and I'm afraid I've no fancy titles to accompany my name as of yet." A profound statement for someone so small. Tiarela chuckled lightly, shaking her head and crossing her arms once more.
"That's a neat trick," She added on, a bit of sarcasm in her tone.. But seriously, to be able to imiate a Dracon's shift was quite a feat -- would also make a person think you were one of them nasty things too.

Shrugging it off absently, the faerie wondered if he actually wanted to know all about her.. Personally, she found all his initial questions rather out of place for someone whom had just met her. But then again, he was a mystic. They.. acted differently.. In a good way, of course.
"You mean you pick us unbound folk out of crowds for fun? Or just those of us interested in becoming more than the average boring ol' unbound folk?" With a pause and an afterthought, the faerie added.. "I mean, quite the coiencidence that I run into a master of the very sphere I wanted to study, huh."

Ahhh, so finally the master of Mysticism had been found.. Or rather, he'd found her.
It was interesting how things like that worked out. Like a thing of fate.. or something even cooler.

Old April 10, 2004, 01:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Former Staff

"Tiarela Iceglitter! What a fabulous name!" Dne replied with his usual enthusiasm. He seemed to be bubbling with energy, he couldn't seem to be rid of it, but also appeared quite ignorant to the fact that he was far more excited about everything than just about everyone. "Of course our meeting was of no coincidence, Madame Iceglitter," He changed the subject abruptly as though excitement weren't the only affliction from which he suffered, but also of an attention-deficit disorder,"I had been looking for you, afterall. There really are very few coincidences in this world. And anyway, nearly everyone in Arios is unbound, save for the weird ones and newcomers. Are you weird or new?" He turned once again and proceeded to walk down the street, this time completely forgetting to indicate to Tiarela that she should follow. "You must come to Gemini with me and meet my brother Deluce," He continued on with their conversation without actually checking to see if she was still there or not, "He is a Master of Ikos. We are two of the limited mages on this isle that are willing to take students under our tutelage. Of course.. there is Bean, but he's a shrin. And he practices elementalism," The Elven man clicked his tongue and sighed with a shake of his head, "Terribly odd fellow, to tell you the truth, but a loyal little furred creature. Are you interested in our help, Tiarela?" He asked idly as he continued his bouncing gait, violet gaze fixed straight ahead.
Old April 16, 2004, 09:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Delightfully Deranged

So Dne lived in this placed called 'Gemini Mansion' with his brother, Deluce and a loyal yet odd furry creature named Bean. Bean. What a name.. Tiarela was glad her parents had more sense in them than to call her 'Bean'. Or perhaps something equally weird and announcing little intelligence like.. 'Sprout' or even to venture 'Bean Sprout'. She gave a small, inconspicous shudder at the thought.

Was she interested in their help? Was an Elf graceful? Was a faerie small? Goodness gracious, yes, she was! The little faerie nodded her head vigourously in reply and vocalized that point, using her head nod as an emphasis rather than the answer itself.

"Oh yes, Dne!.. I am! You know us faeries, we love tricks. I love playing with minds, I love the idea of being able to fool someone with more than just sheer wit!.. I love the idea of being a Mystic, Sir." Came the faerie's enthusiastic voice. The thought of finally fufilling what she'd always wanted to do overjoyed her. Playing with the big people's heads, fooling them, leading them on, only to confuse them.. Ahh, it was a fabulous wish, wasn't it?

Tiarela followed after Dne happily, reveling in the company of someone so entergetic, so enthusiastic. Oh, wait.. Hadn't he asked her if she was.. weird or new? Wait a minute, weird? Hey!.. The little faerie crossed her arms and stated in a defiant mannerism,
"I am not weird. I'm.. kind of new, yes. In fact, kind of new to the entire 'Aelyrian Empire' thing, but all the same.. Yes, I'm new, and not weird." Perish the thought. Tiarela Iceglitter, a weird person. Hah!..
She was a bit weird..
Just don't tell her that.

Old May 9, 2004, 07:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Former Staff

Goldstein is a glorious SuperheroGoldstein is a glorious SuperheroGoldstein is a glorious SuperheroGoldstein is a glorious Superhero
"Alright," Dene said, "Fallow me and I will show you how to become a real tricky person!"

With that the elf's appearence changed once again, everything that was purple now turned black, and his hair turned white. His ears got even longer, and pointed strait back. Soon the white haired man bolted off in a direction with frightening agility of speed. Would this little fae be able to keep up with this big running man, that has the ability to change what he looks like very easily. Not only that but he also is in the middle of a crowd of people.
Old May 15, 2004, 04:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Delightfully Deranged

"Okay--Hey! Wait up!"

The little faerie was a bit jostled by the man's hurried flight. As he took off through the crowd, Tiarela fluttered her wings ever higher and soared up above the crowd, watching the hardly difficult to spot man go speeding along. She then tore off after him as fast as she could, knowing she was going to be winded when this was over. Tiarela strained to keep her focus on the Master of Mysticsm, finding it kind of difficult due to the amount of people in the crowd..

But joyous! She was going to be learning soon, and learning well!... The little faerie couldn't wait. It had always been a dream of her's, and now that dream was coming true. Besides, her mentor that had 'found' her had the same laughable, fun-loving attitude that she did. They would be a perfect set of pupil and student.

It was especially hard to focus seeings that Dene could change his appearance. It worried the little fae, and she half wondered if he really was going to teach her or was just enjoying tricking up the little one.. After all, picking on those smaller than yourself was all in good fun, but it wasn't nice to faeries, as they were all smaller than most everyone!.. But no, no.. That couldn'tve been the case. Dene seemed nice enough, after all.
So, trying to keep up with the Chameleon of a master, Tiarela Iceglitter sped along her way to greatness -- one wingbeat at a time.

Old June 21, 2004, 11:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Former Staff

Chocolate is an upstanding Citizen
OOC: Moderating with permission from GM Trinity

Dne continued to run at a high pace, his now-black robes billowing behind him as he hurtled down the middle of the road. It was fortunate that his appearance was rather distinctive and that the other citizens who happened to be enjoying the brightening stepped out of his path to avoid any accidents. His long, white hair flapped in the air as his sandaled feet pounded the rough ground and it wasnt too long before the huts and buildings were left behind the Mage and the road grew more narrow and winding.

Above the diminutive fae would have little trouble following the rather odd fellow, especially now the crowds had dispersed, except that now Dne decided to divert his course off the road and into the trees that lined each side. Tall and strong, the lines of the trees shot straight into the blue above, towering over all. Leaping over undergrowth and occasionally rocks, the Mystic continued to run, unlimited energy propelling him forward, until at last he came to a clearing. Stopping abruptly, he didnt check to see if Tiarela was behind him or if she had been left behind, but instead Dne melted back into his elfish state and began to inspect the clearing. The earth was dry and sandy and three rocks were set at an equal 10 feet distance apart to form a triangle. Surrounded by the tall trees, it almost felt like a room, an exterior one perhaps, but a sense of privacy and calm was prevalent.

Yes! Yes this shall do rather nicely! Dne sang to the vacant air, adjusting his robes (purple once again) and settling down on one of the rocks. I say, Tiarela, isnt this a simply divine spot!
Old June 21, 2004, 02:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Delightfully Deranged

It was quite funny, to be honest.. Watching the people as they tore out of the man's way. She giggled in the air as she continued to fly along after him, trying desperately to keep up. It was like a weird game of tag, or something to the little faerie, and hence she enjoyed it where others would have grown irritated.

The man's black robes were probably what held her attention the most, as they stood out in the crowd of people like a sore, green-painted thumb, so to speak. Dne led her on a crazy path, away from the island's main area of business, the city-life and townsfolk steadily dying behind them while the fae kept wondering if they were ever going to stop.

As they began to really get into the forestry area, Dne leaped over the underbrush and it's rocks, all of which seemed to hardly hinder him in his terrible speed. He was fast for an old man!.. But then again, the Faerie did not know if Dne was indeed an old man or not. After all, he was a master of Mysticism, which meant he could probably look however he liked. One thing was sure, she could smell his spells from all the way up there! Her nose crinkled as she smelt one last spell up ahead, and the man's robes were back to purple and he was back to his own elven form. Tiarela darted through the underbrush and over rocks with ease -- perhaps that was the best part of having wings and being small. Finally, she reached where he had stopped and sat down on a rock. The little faerie skidded to a halt in the air as well, and fluttered down to the same rock Dne had sat on, happy to be off her wings after such an invigorating chase.

"Yeah," Replied Tiarela, "It's very beautiful indeed." Reminded her of a room, it did, and the rocks were interesting. The beauty of nature always made her smile, as it was in a fae's nature to love it. But it was also in the fae's nature to love trickery and mischeif, which was why she was here that very brightening. How a place of learning could be. Yes, she was going to do well here, surrounded by the Ariosan wilds.

Old June 22, 2004, 05:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Former Staff

Ah yes, beautiful, divine, just wonderful, gushed Dene waving a graceful arm at the surrounding scenery and pausing a moment he seemed to be content to just sit and admire the Ariosan flora, forgetting there had been a purpose to his finding of the blue-winged fae. Nature truly is a wonder and of course, if you become a master of your chosen field, youll be able to take this with you anywhere through illusions Dene looked down at Tiarela who was perched on the rock next to him and winked a violet eye.

But we should begin. I should tell you that there will be a fee for this tuition you seek, a small fee, nothing too taxing on yourself in fact more of a favour a small service. But well talk of that later on I think! The blonde elf smiled jovially, his energy shimmering through his actions as he sat up straight and slapped his hands on his thighs. Lets get you unbound first!

Adjusting his position so he was facing the small fae, Dene lifted his hands so they hovered close to either side of her head. Now this shouldnt hurt a bit, unless youre one of those unfortunate types who just dont want to be unbound but dont know it hehe.. no, no, Im sure youll be fine. Im going to unlock your sixth sense so that you can perceive the higher planes and link to the psionic energy. At the moment youre stuck in the material plane which is all very well and good but, darling, its so restricting and you dont get to see all the wonderful Ara which is all about us. Of course, you still wont until you meditate to a state of clara, but Im getting ahead of myself. Now then, dont move an inch! Accompanying this final instruction with a broad grin, Dene closed his eyes and proceeded to unbind Tiarela.

It was an odd sensation to say the least. With the palms of his hands mere inches away from her head, the young fae would feel as though something had entered her brain and was beginning to rearrange the contents therein. Probbing fingers were prodding and touching inside her mind, moving slowly and cautiously until they found the bands they were looking for. Carefully these were peeled back one by one, each action causing a shudder to pass through her little frame. Nearly there, Dene muttered and then there was a snap as the final band was loosened. The sensation of fingers running about her mind withdrew immediately and in that instant, Tiarela found herself pitched into darkness, all sense of the world about her retreating as her mind started its reaction to being unbound, a hallucinogenic experience that she would never forget.

OOC: Okay, over to you to describe the experience of being unbound have fun with it!
Old June 22, 2004, 08:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Delightfully Deranged

Like she hadn't expected a price. Of course there was always a price, but it probably wouldn't be too bad. Not more than she could pay for, after all. The little faerie shrugged her shoulders and nodded when he said that they should talk about it later, and then continued to listen as he explained about this being unbound thing. It wouldn't hurt her, but she was going to experience.. well, something? Yeah, most likely. What exactly was this? Was this what helped people really access the plane instead of just feeling it all around them? The faerie looked about her for a second and gave a crinkle of her nose, wondering just how vibrantly beautiful the other plane must be. Tiarela had heard of it, but never understood more of it than that she could sense it, like all faeries could.

As her instructor closed his eyes, the faerie shifted around a bit in discomfort. Something felt weird inside her, like someone was sifting through her brain and plucking at things. Meddling with them and rearranging her core structure or something. As the 'bands' were peeled away from the faerie, she gave a little convulsive shudder. This definately felt very, very weird. She didn't make a lot of movements other than the shuddering, as her eyes were locked on Dene and how much he seemed to be concentrating but perfectly still for the moment. Then, there was a final snap and the faerie felt the little movements that were very akin to ants crawling through her brain begin to retreat. As well as the physical plane.
The last thing Tiarela saw was Dene, and he was moving away. She was slumping down onto the rock in a sudden, weirdly induced sleep. Or perhaps passing out, one of the two. Either way, she was being hurled into darkness.

The entire sequence of events that followed gave Tiarela the chills. It was like the real Tiarela was a spectator on a scene that was unfolding before her very eyes. It seemed familiar, but the little faerie's mind could not place it..

"Tiarela!" Shrieked a voice, a very melodic voice.. In fact, the voice of a fellow fae. She was a female, considerably older than the one that was giving her a good scare. She was fluttering in mid-air, hands on her hips and lips very thin.
"Tiarela! Stop that! This instant!"

A young faerie did a few loop-de-loops in the air and giggled profusely. She was about eleven inches tall, likely around the age of one hundred and thirty-five patterns, and had the bluest wings. They were a base of steel blue, veined with midnight blue and speckled much like that which a sporadic spray can would emit when near empty with a sky blue color. Then, they appeared to also be dusted with a beautiful silver sheen to them. The little one had the blackest hair to match, which had a tendency to fall in her eyes -- especially on such stunts.

"You're too young to pull stunts like that! Tiarela!.. Tiarela Iceglitter! Get down here this--"
But the woman was cut short. Before her very eyes, her Tiarela up and disappeared, half way through another loop.

The woman shrieked in much fear once more and began to flutter around like a distressed hummingbird. Tiarela's name was called many times in the minutes that followed, all falling to unanswered ears. She eventually gave up, cursing the Imperial Citizens of the Aelyrian Empire and those that had made the pact with the Thaumaturgists long before. To summon fae folk! How horrific!.. It was their loss.

This woman, this fellow Iceglitter and mother of Tiarela felt pretty sorry for whoever summoned the faerie. She was an arrogant and playful little thing that was going to refuse to help them at all! It ran in their blood to be of such ways, and was likely the strongest in Tiarela.

She wept and fluttered softly back to the Iceglitter Treehouse, resting on the branches and walking through the door with her head in her hands...

---

A distraught fae. What a blessing.. Or rather, lackthereof one. The Thaumaturgist gave an audiable sigh and pulled his sword back once more, looking up at the faerie.

"Well," he called at her, "Can't you help me? Use some of that fae-tastic magic of yours, good-for-nothin'!"

Now, this was not the way that Tiarela Iceglitter enjoyed being talked to. Fluttering in mid-air, the faerie crossed her arms, 'Hmph!'ed and turned her back on him. The clash of swords made her shutter as a member of the local watch struck at him. What a 'holy mage' this guy was. He'd been caught attempting to lift a noblewoman of her coinpurse. That probably wasn't the first time, either.

"Fight your own battle," replied the faerie over her shoulder, "Ain't getting no help from me!"

This was met with a distraught cry as he struck at the guard once more and actually managed to wound the man. He tucked his sword away as his opponent grasped at his wound and waved for the faerie to come with him, albeit a bit agitatedly.

They were in the northern city of Imperia, and quite honestly? It was pretty cold. This particular Thaumaturgist was the typical case of good guy gone bad. He'd been overwhelmed with greed from the start, and it had finally grabbed him by the collar and drug him along like a helpless animal. Too bad it happened only after he'd mastered the sphere he studied. Meandering the streets, he was looking for a place to stay, or hide. Neither were coming to him too well though, so he made for the docks -- Tiarela Iceglitter in tow. He was about to do the right thing and buy them both passage on the boat when he heard the city watchmen behind him hollar once more. Instead, he took off at an alamring rate and jumped on a boat, not really caring where it was off to.

Battered breath came to the runagade man as he took serveral minutes to cool off before finally laying into her. His eyes narrowed and he glard at the faerie, throwing his hands in the air.

"You!" He stammered, pointing at her, "You were supposed to help me! Don't you darned nuisances even honor that pact anymore?! I mean, you were my last resort!"

The fae huffed in the air, still irritated at the entire situation and made an attempt to retort, though, her commonspeak was not all that good due to have been in Kel'rondar for the past.. uh, well, all her life.

"Listen here!.. I serve nwyn pact and nwyn mage. Do your own killing, I'll nwyn part in such destruction of life." She then proceeded to prattle off in Fae'len about the 'Allearainia', which was 'Aelyrians' in Commonspeak. She went on for a good few minutes, finally feeling better and ceasing to rant.

The man laughed and shook his head. She didn't get it, did she? Tiarela was stuck with this man until he at least got her a Visa. She was a barbarian, and therefore subject to nothing. No protection by any laws of the Empire, nothing. He'd get her a visa.. But she'd have to jump through his hoops before he'd do that. And you know? He wasn't going to tell her that fact, either. He'd only remind her when she tried to get away. She had to knwo the laws of the Empire somewhat, at least. Silly faerie. They'd see who was the high and mighty one in the coming brightenings.

And so the ship sailed away, off towards another city that neither of them quite honestly was aware of which one. It was sunset, and the ship cast a dark outline in response of the sun's positioning. They were sailing due west -- and then, likely south from there on out. It was the start of something that would unfold as another adventure completely. The life of Tiarela Iceglitter, child of Kel'rondar with the keen inability (like all fae in the Empire) to return home. The journey of the lost was just beginning, even though this particular opening chapter had just closed...

Tiarela opened her eyes blearily from her slumber and slowly brought herself up to a sitting position. The fae shook her head a few times and whiped her eyes, half in disbelief at what she'd played spectator to. It was a reaccountment of her most frightening experience in all her life. The way she came to be in the Empire itself. And quite honestly, Tiarela was expecting to see that the least, and remember it not. Some memories, like that one, were best left lost in the depths of her mind.

"What..." She managed to utter, stretching her arms and looking around for the big Elf that was supposed to be her instructor. When she found him, Tiarela gave him a confused look and shook her head with speed once more. What was she doing here?.. Oh yeah, Arcana instruction. And that was her Professor, Dene.

All of that must have been a side effect of unbinding then..?
"Dene..?" She called softly, hoping to catch his attention. "How long was I.. out..?" One thing was for sure, if that was all just a dream.. then Tiarela must not have slept long -- She felt pretty durn exhausted after that event. The little faerie shuddered. It was all just a bad dream.. To her, that was all that counted.

Last edited by Tiarela Iceglitter; June 22, 2004 at 08:49 PM.
Old June 23, 2004, 08:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Former Staff

Tiarelas return to consciousness was marked by a slight pain emitting from the centre of her forehead nothing for the fae to worry about, of course. Just a mere side effect of the incredible change that she had just undergone and the ache would fade in a few minutes. Dene failed to enlighten Tiarela that she was luckier than many who had been unbound before her some had been sent into a comatose state so shocked was their mind at the arcanic stripping away of the manacles which tethered the sixth sense to darkness. It was more usual though to feel some pain as the mind adjusted, perhaps lasting a brightening, sometimes longer. Tiarela had gotten off relatively easily in comparison and perhaps this was due to her race, for the fae did have an affinity with the arcane.

Whatever the case, Dene was lying on his back when Tiarela returned, his eyes half-closed in the manner of one about to drift off to sleep and his hands placed behind his head for a cushion. Yet on hearing Tiarelas murmurings he sat bolt upright and beamed a broad grin. Ah all done are we? Excellent!

Jumping up, he sat himself on the rock once more, placing himself on the very edge and clasping his hands to his knees. Oh dear, are you okay, darling Tia? You look a bit peaky? You were gone for about a candlemark, perhaps longer. Hmm, I know what you need. Delving into his robes, Dene brought out a small brown cloth bag, tightened at the top with a dark leather lace. Loosening the lace, he took out a small creamy square and broke it in two. Glancing at the fae, he broke it a further time and then offered it to his student. Have a nibble on that its terrific stuff. Whatever this substance was it seemed to have little taste and the texture was rather chalky, but once consumed it would revitalise Tiarelas energy.

Well the good news is that youre now unbound so congrats! Eating a small piece of the square himself, not that Dene seemed to need his energy enhanced, he put away the small bag and grinned once again. We just need to get you into a state of clara now. So bit of theory coming up. Pay attention there will be a test later And with a broad wink, Dene began.

When you were bound, you were a blob. A mundane creature with little true awareness of the potential that surrounds us. You see, everywhere you look there is this power filling every object, a life force and this is called Ara! This rock Im sitting on, the trees surrounding us, even that rather enchanting little ant that is running over my foot Ara is there. You and I have Ara too, but you call your personal Ara - Vis. So that Ara I see in you is actually your Vis and the Ara that you will see surrounding me is my Vis. Its just a matter of terminology, my dear, so dont worry too much about it. Any hooo, you were bound but now you are unbound and this means you can now achieve a state of Clara. Clever name eh Clara, clarity heheheh I once knew a dwarf named Clara you know, poor lass she got tired of the jokes about people achieving her and changed her name to Cowslip. Terrible mistake in my opinion But by meditating you can go into Clara hehehe which reveals the Astral Plane the plane where you can see and interact with Ara. And you will need to do this, my dear, for it is the manipulation of Ara that is the cornerstone of all spells.

Dene was rambling on in his usual high-pace manner, the concepts quite clear and obvious to him yet a little thoughtlessly for the terms being used might be unfamiliar to the young fae. Of course that isnt all there is to it. Youll also be able to link to the Psionic Essence Plane and garner the essence there to mix into the Ara youre using for your spell. This is all channelled through your Vis and this is when matters get exciting I say are you getting all this? Any questions? How about we try to get you meditating and worry about the rest of the theory later? Ever meditated? Know what I mean by meditating? Pausing for breath, it appeared that Dene was about to continue but thought better off it, allowing the little fae to answer some of his questions, if she had none of her own. His eyes gleamed in a strange unblinking manner as he gazed at his student.

OOC: Cool unbinding dream =)
Old July 5, 2004, 12:45 AM   #15 (permalink)
Delightfully Deranged

The little faerie gave the piece of a sweet a quizzical look before accepting it and beginning to nibble. It didn't taste that bad, actually, and it was making her feel a whole lot better in a short amount of time. Maybe it was chalk full of that thing called sugar, which she had always been told made human children go crazy. Her bites, in comparison with anyone elses would look like that of an ant's or something, considering her mouth was one of the smallest to grace Telath anyway. Little Tiarela listened to Dene once more as she perked back up, the sweet somehow revitalizing her.

When she was bound.. she was a blob? A blob of what? Look at her, the blobby Faerie! She is a blob of.. faerie..ness. Yeah, okay, whatever Professor Loony. Tiarela chuckled at the little insight about a dwarf named Clara. Achieving Clara, heh, Tiarlea would've hated to have had the name Clara. Poor gal.

It was all so much information, so much terminology though! Ara, Vis, Clara, Astral Plane, Psionic Essence Plane, Meditation, ahh! She tried to calm down and clear her head, think of one thing at a time. First, Ara. So this Ara stuff was all around them. That must be what she felt and smelt and.. well, basically knew was there but couldn't quite understand it. Vis was what everyone's personal Ara was called. Okay, that's understandable too. Clara was something that had to be achieved to see the 'Astral Plane' which had this Ara stuff on it. A mage had to meditate to reach Clara. Okay, makes sense too. From there she could link to a Psionic Essence Plane which would give her something she needed for her spells.

So far, so good. Tiarela somehow managed to process, chew and swallow all that information, so to speak. The little faerie finally nodded, and then began to try and address Dene's questions..
"I.. think I got it all. Meditate. No, I haven't meditated before, but I think I know what you mean by it. Don't people try to get really calm and clear their thoughts when they meditate? Supposed to be really peaceful and still, at least so I think... Am.. Am I uhm, close?" She beamed back at him, finally feeling back to her full self. That chalky tasteless thing that she'd assumed was loaded with sugar (having never really had a ton of sweets herself and thus not knowing what sugar really tasted like) had really done the job. No wonder kids that didn't need it got so crazy! Geeze, if Tiarela took too much of it she'd be buzzing like a pixie!

Closed Thread