Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Eunesia > Arios

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 20, 2010, 12:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Former Staff

Ensnare is a benevolent AdventurerEnsnare is a benevolent Adventurer

[Oread's Cave] Diamonds Are Never Dead [Fizden]

OOC: Continued from here...

If Fizden felt anything on the island, it was not restless. It was relaxed, rejuvenated, peaceful and a wonderful state of calm. Such was the effect of the island on all; it was impossible to feel restless on Arios.

Q'eerianythnia twisted around in her cave, wondering how such a strange creature had managed to by chance arrive in her cave as if he did not know her! No one came out by ship across the small harbor to her water-locked cave of diamonds without a singular intention: to seek her guidance. The limited light caught and sparkled off the diamonds that dotted her flesh and her hair, which was translucent liked stranded stone, glimmered aetherially. Even for a nymph, Q'eerianythnia was devastatingly beautiful.

The girl laughed at the ignorance of the newcomer, it had been a long time since she had encountered one that had not at least heard the tales of nymphs and knew what to expect. As if she needed saving!

"I am afraid," the Oread began slowly, twisting again so that she lay almost upside down on the rock, her legs angling towards the ceiling of the cave and her head angling down, her eyes, which were also like diamonds, sparkled towards Fizden curiously, "that you are quite mistaken. I need no saving and I am no savage just because I live the way Carmelya created me. I am no insult to the Goddess so I am no insult to mortals." Q'eerianythnia was just appeasing him, he could think what he wanted of her nudity. Most did not complain about what they saw, however.

"My skin is naturally this color, has been thus since I was born hundreds of what you call eras ago. And the diamonds? They came to me as naturally as they do to this cave. Do you know what I am? You must not be from Arios..." It was not an insult, far from it, just a vocalized realization. Her Common, while quite fluent, was accented in a lovely though almost indescribable way. It was as if she had learned to speak the language of the Aelyrian Kingdom not from humans or elves but from the rocks and diamonds themselves.

The diamonds and the Oread had more in common than Fizden had with either.
Ensnare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6, 2011, 09:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Champion

Location: Garenburg, Sacrum, Ieffereon and Where Heroes Are Needed
Fizden is a benevolent AdventurerFizden is a benevolent Adventurer

Guidance was without question what Fizden sought in the Oread's Cave. While nymphs were known to have an unquenchable thirst for intimacy and passion, Fizden also was wise enough to sense the raw empathic powers emanating from the naked and serene figure of the Oread.

"Such beauty and wisdom in such a divine creation. Carmelya knew what she was doing when she breathed life into you." Fizden said, bowing his head slightly in respect to the fantastic nymph.

There was sadness in his voice now, and for the nymph who would undoubtedly pick up the subtle hints of emotion, a shared sense of regret, for her. "It is such a shame that such a beautiful and wonderful Oread is confined in her immortality to live in a cave, of all places." Fizden said, drawing his words out carefully.

"I am not from Arios, but I would have travelled to the ends of the world and past the plane of Telath to merely catch a glimpse of your divine beauty." Fizden said. "You ask me if I know what you are, would it be wrong to say that you are surely a Goddess, shifted to the mortal plane from the Aetherian Realm to bless us mortals with your presence." Fizden said, each word said perfectly, delicately, drawn out to infer the right effect.

"The fact that you are immortal is a sign that the Gods truly favor us, to bless us with your ever-lasting presence, that we may be reminded of their divine wisdom and grace." Fizden said.
Fizden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2011, 09:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Former Staff

In fact, Fizden was not wise enough to sense the nymph's raw empathic powers as they were in no way detectable. They could not be felt, smelled, touched, or tasted so Fizden had no such supposition. Whatever he had heard about a nymph's unearthly carnal desires, on the other, were most likely wild conjectures told over late, drunken darkenings. Human men all to often over estimated their looks and bragged about bedding exotic beauties of different races.

The Oread felt the regret, but not as her own. In fact, she seemed repulsed by the notion that he had just stated so melodramatically. Confined? Pitying the cave? The Oread rolled over without a word, "Then you understand me not at all! I elect to stay here because I love it here. This place is my passion and a gift from my beloved goddess. You would not understand at all!"

His words made her further cross and a tinging emotion began to over sweep Fizden. He lost his confidence and in its place swirled a whirlwind of humility. He could not fight it and knew it only as his own emotion. He was humbled before the nymph. "You speak so confidently as if my heart is but for you to melt. It is not! I have seen countless men come to be and then cease; you are like butterflies that last a season. And how have you heard of me? Do you expect me to believe such wild tales of your travels on the account of me? No, I do not. And I do not much care for simpering words that try to curry my favor."

She shifted up, displaying her tiny frame more clearly as the outline became more defined. The Oread was rather upset. "And the gods do not bless you with my presence. Am I nothing but a toy to you? Do you ever think that the beloved Carmelya lets us be to tend to her world and grants us no death because her realm is life? Or perhaps the gods, in a cruel joke, cursed us with you! Lingering things that destroy without the foresight to consider consequence. Now tell me: why have you come?" She crossed her arms squarely over her nude chest.

It was clear that Fizden's overly colorful words were not helping him.
Old February 22, 2011, 04:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Champion

Location: Garenburg, Sacrum, Ieffereon and Where Heroes Are Needed
Fizden is a benevolent AdventurerFizden is a benevolent Adventurer

Perhaps the Oread was right. The nymph was not a blessing so much as she was a nuisance. Fizden groaned, wanting nothing more than to get away from Arios. He supposed however that first he would answer her question. "I wanted to talk to a nymph. I also want those diamonds." Fizden said.

"You treasure those diamonds and I consider you to be a fool. Those diamonds keep you trapped inside a cave for all of eternity. Those diamonds have blinded you to the fact that your existence is doomed." Fizden said, now laughing at the Oread.

"Carmelya must have created you as a joke." Fizden said, now only slightly hurt by the words of the nymph, and her lashing out at his attempts to compliment her.

"I would offer you freedom in exchange for the diamonds. Or you could spend the rest of your life living like a troll inside a cave. Either way I have better things to do than to stand around and be belittled by one such as yourself." Fizden said matter of factly.

He turned to leave. There would be no better pleasure than finally leaving Arios once and for all. He doubted he would ever return.
Fizden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2011, 10:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Former Staff

The Oread rolled over onto her diamond encrusted rocks, sprawling without the slightest wince of pain against their jaggedness. She seemed so collected, so confident in her self, and so comfortable that it could cause envy it more uncertain folks. Her face was utterly lovely, the kind that could launch a hundred ships and more for just a glimpse of the feminine curve of her jawline. And she smiled at Fizden without an ounce of hurt in the angle of her lips. "Is that so?" The words were almost a whisper and so delicate that it felt like silk sliding over his ears and not sound. As the more mortal man than she turned on his heel to leave, blackness overwhelmed him quite suddenly.

When his eyes opened again, which could have been candlemarks later for all he was aware of, Fizden was on the shores of the Ariosian coast, the smooth rocks warmed from the suns' light. He had dozed, it seemed to him, though how he could have possibly done that on Arios without assistance was beyond most's ability to reckon. He remembered coming here, though, and sitting down and eating an apple. He must have fallen asleep after eating and to complete the memory an apple core was rolled off not too far from where he lay resting.

His visit to the Oread cave was forgotten, but not completely. It lingered on the edges of his consciousness like a dream. Fizden would not, however, recall it as reality.

Around his neck, though, was another surprise. A beautiful, enormous diamond dangled from a simple hemp cord. It was multifaceted and cut so cleanly that is sparkled with incomparable brightness. The diamond was easily the size of Fizden's eye, if not larger, and circular in shape, coming to a sharp point at one end. The adornment was as heavy as it was lovely but easily manageable to even a child. Its weight only further expressed its value.

What a beautiful piece, too bad he could not recall how he had come to have it in his possession.

OOCThis thread is concluded and your SoF shall be updated! Nice thread!