Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > Administrate of Centripax

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old June 4, 2015, 02:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

It seemed like the alchemist wasn't coming back down, and so Adynirach made his way back out of the cabinet. All clear. Back to looting. There didn't seem to be any potions or flasks just lying around, as the alchemist liked to brew things fresh and on the spot. Nope, just ingredients, lots and lots of ingredients, materials, and components, all of which were stuffed into the bag.
Old June 5, 2015, 11:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Wealth Tier: Steel
Adynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious Superhero

Well, out of luck, then. Seemed the alchemist was smart about his brews and didn't stock them. Maybe they weren't as effective if they had to sit around for some period of time, so it made sense that Adyn didn't find anything. That was fine, though, since he seemed to have gotten a good haul with plenty of ingredients and materials that might be worth something to... someone. The chances of rare stuff just laying out here on the first floor were slim, but getting into something like that might be beyond his expertise for the time being anyway.

So, with everything in tow, the rogue listened at the door to see if any patrols were making their way around at that point in time, and if not, he'd try to slip out and quietly relock the door behind him. His goal was to get back off the streets as quickly as possible, preferably up high, so that he could make his way back towards the inn.
Adynirach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2015, 04:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Pack full of things that were totally his and not stolen, Adynirach waited to see if there were any patrols coming along. Didn't seem like it, and so he slipped back out the way he came and relocked the door. Seemed like he was in the clear...! Although climbing would probably be difficult with the weight of the pack and all.
Old June 8, 2015, 05:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Adynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious Superhero

As Adyn attempted to get up and off the streets, he realized just how heavy his pack was. Climbing suddenly seemed a lot less practical, so he was forced to stay grounded for the time being.

Instead, the rogue tried to get a block or two away from the shop before slipping into a nondescript corner or alley, then proceeded to remove his hood, eye patch, mask, etc. He then removed his utility belt and placed everything into the space he had left in his pack.

Hopefully appearing more like the typical citizen and less a thief, he proceeded to step back into the streets and make his way towards the inn again.
Old June 8, 2015, 09:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Just nonchalantly whistle. Totally normal guy wandering around with a big pack full of things. Absolutely not walking away from the scene of the crime! Luckily, it seemed like the timing was good, as there were no guards around. He'd manage to slip through the streets without much of a problem, perhaps occasionally ducking into a side street or alley to avoid a band of guards. It wouldn't be too long before Adynirach was back at the inn.
Old June 9, 2015, 08:51 AM   #21 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Once at the inn and in his room, Adyn proceeded to take a look at the haul. It wasn't as though he'd recognize all of it, but at least he might be able to list or account for all the items he had procured. He used a parchment and pen to scrawl down descriptions and quantities of the items, planning to get a hold of "Carl" the next brightening. It would be nice, at least, to be aware of the items he had handed over once they were no longer in hand.
Old June 9, 2015, 04:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
Foreboden!

oocWe can continue the second part in the same thread, methinks

Time to take inventory! A bunch of things he really didn't recognize at all, a bunch of things he did. Crystals of varied color, fish scales, dried frog's legs, some orbs that looked a bit like marbles, little pouches that were full of yellow powder, some strong-smelling blocks of green something, and a bunch of feathers. Nifty!
Old June 10, 2015, 09:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
Model Citizen

With things categorized as they were, Adyn gathered the items back up and retrieved another piece of parchment. On it, he wrote:

"Carl,

Ma sends her regards again. Would love to catch up. How about half past noon?

-Maria"

He had the note delivered to the Silver Drake Inn and Tavern where Carl was alleged to be staying. With that done, Adyn would package the goods neatly in a nondescript leather satchel, and would be waiting at the inn by noon the following brightening.

oocWill let Razu know then. Thanks!
Old June 11, 2015, 09:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Legend

Razumikhin Neculai is a glorious SuperheroRazumikhin Neculai is a glorious SuperheroRazumikhin Neculai is a glorious SuperheroRazumikhin Neculai is a glorious Superhero

Razu, having woken up with only a mild hangover, was heading for breakfast when the note from Maria arrived. This meant that Adyn had been successful, which was good news to start the brightening with. He'd left the thief feeling rather positive about their joint venture, but at the same time had realised that he knew very little of the fellow. He could have been Telath's worst thief, for all Razu knew.

The swindler enjoyed a simple breakfast in a different tavern, but returned roughly three quarters of a candlemark after noon. He'd wanted to arrive on time, but his conversation with a waitress had gone on longer than he had anticipated. Still, a quarter of a candlemark shouldn't be a problem, he figured. He was not meeting the Governor of the province, after all. This was just two guys conducting shady business.

Entering the establishment and noticing Adyn, he wondered if the thief had brought the pilfered supplies with him. If Razu had done the stealing, he'd have hidden them somewhere, just in case. He smiled, and then join Adyn. "Good to see you, Adyn. How did your date go? Did you get lucky?" The metaphor was not something he'd thought of before, but it seemed suitable enough. A good date meant Adyn got exactly what he wanted, right?
Razumikhin Neculai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2015, 11:09 AM   #25 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Razu would find Adyn enjoying a cup of coffee alone at a table near a window, although he seemed to have nothing with him for the time being. He had been concerned about leaving all of the goods at the inn, especially if someone came in to clean up, but had not liked the thought of carrying everything on him at all times. That had left him with a difficult choice of just what to do with his satchel. He could find a place somewhere in the city to hide it. But if someone had happened to stumble upon it? Goodbye hard work.

So, the rogue had rented a room at the tavern within view of his table, and had slipped the satchel into a space between the drawers and the wall. It would have to do for now, he supposed. Carl would be able to slip in, retrieve the satchel, and go about his way should he feel so inclined.

In the meantime, he set his cup down and offered the man a smile. "It went quite well, thank you. Got you something while I was out." He slipped a small piece of parchment towards the man, the room number and key within. "Hopefully you can make use of it."

He took a sip of his coffee.
Old June 17, 2015, 08:28 AM   #26 (permalink)
Legend

Razumikhin Neculai is a glorious SuperheroRazumikhin Neculai is a glorious SuperheroRazumikhin Neculai is a glorious SuperheroRazumikhin Neculai is a glorious Superhero

Carefully sliding the parchment towards himself, Razu returned Adyn's smile. "That's good to hear." He opened the package, peered inside and, catching the other man's meaning, and slipped it into his pocket. "I'm going to assume you made an account in your diary," he continued, wondering what Adyn had managed to collect. Potions would be good, as would exotic ingredients. "I'll be sure to ask around to see if I can find anyone who's interested."

At this point he looked around, realising very well that this was exactly what people making shady deals would do and therefore keeping his face in check. "I'll need to know which neighbourhood you visited, so that I won't go around asking questions at the wrong door." That would be a ticket straight to the gaol, after all. "As for the proceeds, there are two ways of doing this. I can give you a fair cut of anything sold, or I can take the entire thing off your hands for a set price. Your call."

Either had their benefits, where the former meant Razu wouldn't need to pay for anything that went unsold, and the latter could land him better profits depending on what he'd pay Adyn.
Old June 18, 2015, 10:34 AM   #27 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Adyn nodded his head at Carl's assumption that he made an account. "I did, in fact. There is a copy in the bag I had for you, and I have a copy for myself as well. Simple descriptions, for the most part. I am not familiar with everything I had to account for." Although there weren't any potions in the mix, Adyn stowed away the thought that he might be able to have his brother, Elliot, make potions from the ingredients he acquired later on down the line. Perhaps then, Carl might be able to make even more off of those results. In the meantime, though, he had only procured a number of components, ingredients, and reagents used within the trade.

At Carl's request, Adyn supplied the locationno specific alchemy shop was noted in the thread, we'll just assume it was in the mercantile district of the shop he had acquired the goods from. He then took a moment to ponder his options on payment.

It was a tough consideration, that much was certain. On the one hand, he didn't know the real value of the items he had acquired. Perhaps Carl didn't know either. That meant that fixed prices might be akin to going in blind. Carl may overpay, or he may drastically underpay.

On the other hand, could he rely on Carl to be honest about his "fair" cut? Taking the payment now meant Adyn could walk away with money in hand, with no chances of Carl running off later or taking more than he claimed.

Adyn rubbed his jaw ponderously. "Let's split the proceeds," he finally decided, finding his blindness to the quality or value of the goods to be less reliable than his faith in Carl. "What sounds fair to you?"
Old June 26, 2015, 02:57 AM   #28 (permalink)
Legend

Having made the mistake of trusting people who posed as honest individuals, Razu was on his guard during the negotiations. At the same time, he realised that someone who was trying to fence stolen goods was hardly honest, and therefore, ironically, Razu felt more at ease. "I'll have a look at the list and see if I fare better." He also wasn't an authority on alchemy supplies, but that was something that could be remedied.

He nodded in understanding as Adyn provided the location of the shop, making a note to not only avoid it but to steer well clear of the entire neighbourhood.

Asking a swindler what sounds fair was perhaps not the best way of approaching the matter, but Razu was not as established as he'd like to be, and he'd already taken a liking to Adyn. Furthermore, this was an opportunity for a long-term arrangement, which shouldn't be squandered straight away. Taking all this into account, Razu decided that indeed, being fair would work just fine for now.

"We both do half the work, so I'll offer you half of what I make on the supplies," he replied with a confident smile. Not matter how the funds would be divided, Razu hoped to establish a certain control over the entire deal and chose his words accordingly. "I'll need a couple of brightenings to work, so I'd suggest we come back here in half a cycle. Does that work for you?"
Old June 26, 2015, 10:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
Model Citizen

The thief nodded his head in agreement to the terms. He had been curious to see how bold Carl would be with his cut, but it would seem the man was testing the waters with their business arrangement. It was fortunate that the hope of something lucrative remained between their deal.

"I will leave you to it, then," he said. Should Carl have no further questions or concerns, the thief would then stand. "See you in half a cycle."

With that he'd take his leave, curious as to how well this arrangement would pan out.
Old June 30, 2015, 04:29 AM   #30 (permalink)
Legend

Razu bid Adyn farewell and, having emptied his drink, rose from his seat. The arrangements had been made, and it was now time for him to execute his part of the plan. First things first, which meant following Adyn's instructions and claiming the stolen ware. He'd bring them to his room, lock the door behind him, and start unpacking.

He made sure to be careful, not wishing to break anything, and would lay out the score of the burglary on the bed and the floor of his room. Subsequently, he would check the list that Adyn had provided, to see if everything was indeed account for. Only when fully satisfied would he repack everything except the list, open his locker, and get dressed for work.

First part of his plan: get into character. In this case, that meant an aspiring alchemist. He selected his simple simple shirt and trousers, boots, and belt. In addition, something that would stick in the memory of whoever he was going to meet; his black cavalier. "Serale, my name is Robert," he told himself, testing his accent, and deciding that Robert slouched.

Second part of the plan: find an alchemist that was far away from the one that Adyn had visited.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: